KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Count Dooku vs. ROTJ Luke

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Count Dooku 25 58.14%
Luke 16 37.21%
Neither 2 4.65%
Total: 43 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTS Count Dooku vs. ROTJ Luke
Started by: CountQuan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Here's the test.

http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriemalen/jedi/

Nefarus, my friend, I notice you always say Luke and Vader can win because of stuff they didn't show in the movies because of understandable technological restraints on the part of the filmmakers thirty years ago. But it all boils down to the fact that moving fast or not, a saber fight doesn't have to be fancy to be affective. The newer battles are geared towards a newer generation, where the emphasis is all on flash and pizzazz. In all reality, you never would have seen Yoda fight like he did in AOTC back then even if the technology was available just because there was no need. But in the prequels, where appearances obviously take presidence over plot elements and realistic backgrounds, everyone looks like monkeys on crack with glowsticks in theri hands.

But still, Luke's training with Obi Wan was perhaps a few days tops in the confines of the Millenium Falcon with barely any room to move around in. I highly doubt that Obi Wan busted out his own saber and showed Luke enough moves to make him badass without destroying anything in the room or killing the boy. As for the training with Yoda, that was rushed training if ever I saw one. It'd be the equivalent of me watching a LAw and Order marathon and then proclaiming myself a Judge. Speed and potential aside, he wasn't disciplined enough to be a capable fighter. Why else would he lose his composure with Vader?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

thnx janus

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Agreed, Janus. You can definitely say that Luke was very powerful for someone who had like weeks of training, but trying to compare him to a Jedi Master like Mace Windu is giving Luke more props than he deserves.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:29 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Besides, Mace has rhythm. Luke doesn't.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

It's not Luke's fault he's white.

I said Luke is as powerful as Mace, but he's nowhere near as controled or skilled. I totally agree there.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Mace can also force jump higher.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:39 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

omg Dooku.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Dooku slaughters him

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

luke beat vader in ROTJ why the **** he culdnt kill dooku?
ps
janus m jedi master

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I could beat Vader in ROTJ if he thought I was his son. Why does everyone act like that was the clash of the Titans? Here's the depth of Luke's strategy.

A couple of simple slashes. Uh oh. Vadie's talkin' shit about your sister. Shout and attack him, losing all that calmness and stealth you had. Swing back and forth, back and forth. Wax on, wax off. Wax on...

You get it?

Dooku handed Anakin and Obi Wan their asses in mere seconds, and gave Yoda a fight for his life. You think Luke can do that by ROTJ?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 12:45 AM
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

"and gave Yoda a fight for his life"
ya sure keep thinking that way,you aren't wrong

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 09:37 AM
Fishy

Now i agree with all you said but that..

when did Dooku gave Yoda a fight for his life? Must have missed that part

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 10:00 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol yeah

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 10:05 AM
DenKi

How could Luke win???

He would last 2 seconds

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 11:46 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattStone

Han Solo coud take em all out in the falcon. wink

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 11:59 AM
Click here to Send MattStone a Private Message Find more posts by MattStone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattStone

Seriously , Luke should win though.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 12:06 PM
Click here to Send MattStone a Private Message Find more posts by MattStone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

How would he win?

Have you even seen him fight? The only real fight that we have seen of him that says anything about his skill made him lose his arm, in the other he just wen insane and cut of Vader's hand... He wouldn't stand a chance against a fully trained Master

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

A Fully trainned Padawan could of beat him

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 12:53 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattStone

Who , Han in the Falon?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 12:58 PM
Fishy

No Luke...

Somebody with more training can almost always beat Luke... The only fight were we can really see how good he is is in ESB... He loses that easily, he stands no chance against Vader then and won't in any other fight, he will die unless he goes insane. But somebody more trained and more experienced with a lightsaber should still be able to hold him off.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 01:06 PM