KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator vs I, Robot

Terminator vs I, Robot
Started by: Konjammenson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Konjammenson

Cool Terminator vs I, Robot

I just saw I, Robot a couple days ago and couldn't help at notice how similar the story is to Terminator. Machines invented by humans, artificial intelligence that becomes totally self aware and finally, that AI takes everyting over and a battle begins.

Theres probably not too much that can be said in comparing these two films, but oh well, I havent been to this forum for a while and thought I should at least say "something."

I must say that one thing that suprised me about I, Robot was the CG. I actually put seeing this film off because I had an idea that it would just be a load of CG crap, I was right, but to my suprise it actually didn't bother me. A couple of scenes did but for the most part it was ok. If the CG (and we all know its going to be almost nothing but CG) in T4 is done in this way it could just be ok. But we all know Mostow, and we all know why we hate him, yea.......T4 will suck.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:37 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

o ya when i saw that movie i cudnt help the fact either that it was so similar2 THE TERMINATOR, the concept was pretty much the same
and no mostow wont b doing t4 i m sure

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:39 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Cyborg: A person (or rarely, an animal) with bionic and/or cybernetic replacement parts. Often the replacements will have capabilities that the original biological components did not (super strength, telescopic vision, etc.). http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...q=define:cyborg

Considering the definition of the word and the fact that Will Smith's character had "cybernetic replacement parts" with "super strength" then I suppose the concept for I, Robot is incredibly similar to that of the Terminator films.

A cyborg joins force with a small group of human beings and together they battle an evil cybernetic/mechanical organism(s) that is threatening human existence.

They basically ripped off Arnie's character in I, Robot.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:14 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya that was so stupid when i found out will smith was a cyborg, i forgot the ending i saw it some time ago. i mean, there was something regarding a robot seeing a sight of a bridge or sumthin gosh my memory sucks

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 10:32 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

To be honest, while the concepts are similar, I never thought the two movies were that similar. Well apart from the fact that those cyborgs looked a bit like the T-1000.

I quite liked I Robot, very entertaining.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:17 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

yea, i like i, robot too

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 08:32 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet

They basically ripped off Arnie's character in I, Robot.

We've been here before. "I, Robot" was a book long before "Terminator" was a movie, so if anything, Cameron used Asimov's work as a springboard for his own film.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:09 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Actually I was referring more to the manner in which Will Smith's character was influenced by Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in the Terminator films and not whether or not the film was an original idea nor whether or not James Cameron "used Asimov's work."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 03:04 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

I think I, Robot is more of a prelude to the Matrix Trilogy....watch The Animatrix and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 07:01 PM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

oh ya 1 thing i always4get2post.. the music for I,ROBOT has been done by Maro Beltrami. the same person for t3

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 10:31 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Well T3's music wasnt that great anyway really.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 04:22 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya it sucked i brought the soundtrack really couldnt listen2much of it. beltrami said he did try 2 fit in the t-theme into the movie but there was no scene in which he could.. A PART OF THAT REASON MIGHT BE COZ TERMINATOR 3 WAS NOT "TERMINATOR" STUFF

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 04:41 AM
Praylu

I feel that the T2 theme could have been placed in at the end of T3 when all the missiles were falling and the camera was cutting to different views of Earth.

Anyway I feel that if T3 had not been made then perhaps the studios and executives would not have been as willing to bring I, Robot into production. Basically, No T3 no I, Robot.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 07:24 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

You really think so?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 08:45 AM
Praylu

Well you have to think about it,

With no successful "robot" movie for 12 years (1991, T2) and flops like Bicentennial Man it was no wonder that I, Robot had not been made sooner. Obviously T3 must have have offered some much needed push or incentive to make the studios and executives willing to gamble their money.

BICENTENNIAL MAN

Domestic Total Gross: $58,223,861

Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: December 17, 1999

Production Budget: $100 million

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 11:39 PM
alic88
Barzakh

^ biccentanial man was a really stupid film. i just couldnt imagine Robin WIlliams as a robot at the first place. but if u look neutrally, terminator 3 was no a big flop when is came 2 money-making.420 million, it is good for a sequel. but for a terminator movie, all we needed was good pllot and we couldnt get it

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 02:26 AM
Praylu

True, but the news of Warner Bros. releasing a $200 million budgeted T3 must have made them feel more confident about making an I, Robot.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 05:18 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Bi-Centennial man was just crap.

I can see your point now though, I Robot might have been inspired by T3, but I thought it was far better.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 09:39 AM
Konjammenson

I would watch I, Robot over T3 anyday.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:59 PM
alic88
Barzakh

uh well i have gotten so tired of also watching t3 but if i had only seen them both once i would chose t3 anday. i,robot wasnt so good, it wasnt better than t3 in my opinion

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 11:05 PM