KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Strong Guy vs. Colossus

Strong Guy vs. Colossus
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Good fight. I might side with Colossus.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 09:49 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Two of my favorite X-Members.

This is a pretty good fight imo. I see dodging and missing on both sides. I do think that the more Colossus hits Guido without actually knocking him out, the better for Guido.

I just want to say that the crap in WWH-X-Men with Guido being hurt by absorbing too much energy is wrong imo. Forge made that pace-maker for him and its NEVER suppose to overload. Is it because Hulks strength was too much and the pace-maker wasnt designed to absorb THAT much? Probably, but i really didint like that part. I dont think Strong Guy has to worry bout that here really.

Im undecided for the most part. It depends on a couple of things.

5/10 for now.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 10:46 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Hulk hit him so hard once that he nearly exploded, Peter should beat him into a coma.

Last edited by Stoic on Oct 29th, 2007 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 03:02 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The Kulk hit him so hard once that he nearly exploded, Peter should beat him into a coma.

So . . . many . . . things wrong . . . with that . . . post . . .

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 03:03 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Don't be so pedantic I made a mistake, I meant Hulk.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 03:10 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Don't be so pedantic I made a mistake, I meant Hulk.

OK. I missed your typo completely though.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 03:13 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

The Hulk hit him so hard once that he nearly exploded, Peter should beat him into a coma.

That must have been pre Forge pace-maker. Secondly, Colossus doesnt hit that hard.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 06:24 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Prof. Hulk was beating the crap out of Strong Guy back in the day. Somebody mentioning during the fight Hulk was killing him and they had better help him or some sh!t.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 10:38 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

(please log in to view the image)

I realize Guido's implants help him out or atleast they are suppose to. I'd still say this fight comes down to who can take more abuse and imo that's Colossus. Plus Colossus has metahuman stamina and can go on for like a week before he gets tired. And Guido's has to play a pretty good game of catchup in power as he starts out at 50 tons and Colossus is already at 100 tons.

Good fight either way.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 11:01 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I'm bored.

Bump.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 01:21 AM
jrodslam

Why? Lol.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 01:30 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's not just Strong Guy's heart you have to take into consideration, it's his max strength level and power time limit. He has to discharge the energy he absorbs within 90 seconds, or he'll be permanently distorted, he's already in agonizing pain from the existing distortion, if it keeps adding up, he'll either go insane or die. Also, his base strength is 50 tons, and his max is not over 100 tons, while Colossus is way past the 100 mark. So basically, the Tin Can could wail on him for less than two minutes with all he's got, and the fight is won. I am a Colossus fan, but I go with facts.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 12:46 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by KingD19
It's not just Strong Guy's heart you have to take into consideration, it's his max strength level and power time limit. He has to discharge the energy he absorbs within 90 seconds, or he'll be permanently distorted, he's already in agonizing pain from the existing distortion, if it keeps adding up, he'll either go insane or die. Also, his base strength is 50 tons, and his max is not over 100 tons, while Colossus is way past the 100 mark. So basically, the Tin Can could wail on him for less than two minutes with all he's got, and the fight is won. I am a Colossus fan, but I go with facts.

If youre looking at the way Strong Guy was portrayed in WWH, then yea, his heart would be something to take into consideration. That shouldnt be the case here. As far as him having to discharge the absorbed energy, that would hardly be a factor in a slugfest considering Colossus will more than likely be in front of him. Hell, Blob landed on him from an airplane then booked it and Guido still had enough time to recover and catch up to him. Thats another thing that shouldnt really be an issue in this fight. His max pressing strength is unknown, however he doesnt have to be 100cl to defeat Colossus. Guido has stopped a moving, loaded 747 with his hands which weighs over 100 tons. Colossus wails on Strong Guy for 2 minutes with all hes got while Guido does nothing? C'mon.erm

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 12:52 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Stopping that plane was a pretty cool feat for Guido. I'll give him that.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 01:03 AM
KingD19

To Jrod:

I've got nothing against Guido, I actually thinks he's awesome, but the point I was making that if he doesn't discharge the energy he absorbs in 90 seconds, it will distort his body in extremely painful ways. He's already in incredible pain, more distortion will more than likely either take him out of the fight permanently, or kill him. And thinking of the 90 second rule, I'm saying that if Colossus gives him everything he has for a full 90 seconds, then Guido would lose even if he fights back. Because he'll either A, discharge and go back to normal, or B, keep the energy and maybe kill himself from the overload.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 05:16 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

^

There arent many fights where Guido has trouble discharging the energy hes absorbed. He knows he has to get rid of it in a certain amount of time, so im not quite sure why youre making it seem as if its a major issue for him in battle.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 08:36 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Did Guido overload against Blob?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 02:08 PM
KingD19

I can't really remember, but what I'm trying to say to JRod is that Colossus can pour on the heat. If you've got a guy who can fight Savage Hulk, and take on Green Scar for a little bit, hitting you with everything he's got, which is not just hand to hand, but powerful judo throws as well, you're gonna be hard pressed to remember a 90 second limit. And if you do, and release the energy, you're going to be back to square one, and Strong Guy's square one is the 50 ton benchmark. Colossus is far about the 100 ton benchmark. Strength feats aside, when characters with 50 tons between them fight, the stronger one usually wins.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 08:30 PM
jrodslam

Originally posted by KingD19
I can't really remember, but what I'm trying to say to JRod is that Colossus can pour on the heat. If you've got a guy who can fight Savage Hulk, and take on Green Scar for a little bit, hitting you with everything he's got, which is not just hand to hand, but powerful judo throws as well, you're gonna be hard pressed to remember a 90 second limit. And if you do, and release the energy, you're going to be back to square one, and Strong Guy's square one is the 50 ton benchmark. Colossus is far about the 100 ton benchmark. Strength feats aside, when characters with 50 tons between them fight, the stronger one usually wins.

Yes he can pour on the heat, but whats does that mean? Does it mean that He'll go into a rage and Guido couldnt do anything about it? Guido is a skilled h2h combatant as well, so im sure it wouldnt be as easy for Colossus as you may think. With the energy that Guido would be releasing on Pitor is his own powerful hit, amplified. The 100cl stamp thats put on Colossus doesnt mean that every hit delivered is 100cl caliber. I think youre looking at strengh stats a bit to much.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 08:49 PM
jrodslam

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Did Guido overload against Blob?

Naw he didnt overload. There was a time he fell through the control tower and came out super juiced, but he released the extra energy.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 08:53 PM