KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Keane VS Coldplay

Keane VS Coldplay
Started by: kaztiyo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luciferia
Angel of Music

I like vanilla......mmmmm, vanilla.......

Ah-hem, anyway.....

I can see why some people say Keane and Coldplay bore them, as the music tends to be quite slow and melodic. But personally I think its good music to relax too. The Scientist by Coldplay is one of my fave songs. But that doesnt mean i dont like my music without energy............when I want that, i listen to metal, when i want to relax, i listen to Keane

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 04:19 PM
Luciferia is currently offline Click here to Send Luciferia a Private Message Find more posts by Luciferia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I listen to relaxing music. Keane is just forced relaxation, there's no choice by to just feel completely lifeless when listening to it.

Thankfully I don't.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 04:30 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

My god this thread is boring. We keep going round in circles all of the time.

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 10:37 AM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

No we don't. You do.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 12:34 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

I like Neither of them.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 12:38 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine

Im looking forward to hear what coldplay's new album sounds like.

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 12:40 PM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luciferia
Angel of Music

yeah, it sud be pretty interesting.

Wonder what the reviews will be like......will the great british music press do their traditional ritual of tearing a band to pieces once they get famous? Hmmmm......

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 05:58 PM
Luciferia is currently offline Click here to Send Luciferia a Private Message Find more posts by Luciferia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine

Theyve already dont the with coldplay. Just wait untill everyone gets 'sick' of the new album then thats when they properly destroy them, again.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 07:47 AM
Mr Lennon

All of you Like justin bieber..hahahaha.. laughing

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 02:04 AM
Mr Lennon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Lennon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Lennon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Somehow, I never liked coldplay much though they do have a couple of good songs to their name, Sparks, for instance, is a wonderful song imo. I've only heard 2 songs by Keane as yet and I really like both of them so I'll go with Keane I guess. Plus, Princess of China was crappy.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 07:08 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xojhn

I certainly think that both bands have had good and bad songs over the years, but I think that out of the two, I'd have to say that Keane is my favorite. I've thoroughly enjoyed most of Hopes and Fears, and liked quite a few songs from Under the Iron Sea. Perfect Symmetry was certainly a change in sound for them, but it wasn't one that I disliked. I found a good number of them to be fun to listen to. Their EP, Night Train, left quite a bit to be desired, but when I listened to Strangeland, I found myself loving a majority of the songs.

As far as Coldplay is concerned, they've been hit or miss for me. I loved Strawberry Swing, Hurts Like Heaven (only with the intro song "Mylo Xyloto" though, because it does a good job of leading into it), In My Place, Life in Technicolor ii, Viva La Vida, The Scientist, Clocks, and Charlie Brown (definitely one of my favorites). Otherwise, they've had songs that I've tolerated, but not been very excited about. They certainly weren't songs that I would go out of my way to put onto playlists or listen to individually.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 05:53 AM
Xojhn is currently offline Click here to Send Xojhn a Private Message Find more posts by Xojhn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Re: Keane VS Coldplay

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kaztiyo
some Coldplay fans think that keane is trying to copy coldplay because of the way they play without guitars
They're both just mainstream knock-offs of early Radiohead anyway stick out tongue

I don't really have much of a problem with either tbh though. Out of the two I guess I like Coldplay better, simply because they have more songs that I think are ok, I like a few Keane songs, but they're few and far between.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 08:17 PM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote