KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Keane VS Coldplay

Keane VS Coldplay
Started by: kaztiyo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

I didnt say you had to like them, but the way you were speaking about them was just unnecessary

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:26 AM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

quote:
Originally posted by jaden101
well...i hate coldplay...simply because chris martin is a pretentious overbearing prick who needs to stop lecturing people about the benefits of "fair trade"

sorry chris but now everyone can afford to pay more for their food...unlike you who doesnt have to count the pennies like the rest of us

keane are overplayed now...im not usually a musical snob but the fact that i went around for most of 2003 saying to people "keane...keane are gonna be big...trust me"...and most people gave the response "who the **** are keane" or "keane are shit" mostly because if they arent popular then they arent good

now everyone is practically licking their collective bumhole

so to put it bluntly..neither

It doesnt matter if they arent popular, i like them because i thought they had a good sound and i can understand if someone doesnt like them but that doesnt give them the right to shit-talk them to other ppl who might like them. what chnged your mind? just the fact that they were overplayed?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:31 AM
Lost_Again is currently offline Click here to Send Lost_Again a Private Message Find more posts by Lost_Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine

that seems to be the case on this thread.

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:32 AM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

perhaps...musically i dont like them...but the political points i feel quite strongly about in relation to chris martin...he really gets up my nose as most celebrity charity workers do...

he is the type who does his work in the full glare of the media which seems to me like he is trying to promote his own image more than the cause itself...and preaching to people like me who dont have 2 pennies to rub together (im a poor uni student) and asking me to pay 50% more for my goods...well i struggle to get by as it is...where as im sure the extra 50p on a pack of bananas doesnt make much difference to him

i also beleive that if the celebs who feel that strongly about issues like these bothered to give up just half of the huge amounts of money they earn from our already battered pockets...then that would make far more difference than i ever could

so in that sense i really REALLY dont like the guy at all

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:34 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

hmmm.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:34 AM
Lost_Again is currently offline Click here to Send Lost_Again a Private Message Find more posts by Lost_Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine

Well its not the coldpaly thing thats buging me, it the keane thing, where you liked them at frist then changed your mind cos they were 'overplayed'.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:36 AM
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

sorry, but if youre a celebrity, then how can you not do everything in the full glare in the media?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:37 AM
Libertine

Exactly.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:38 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

for keane is just pure old fashioned "played to death" syndrome

perhaps i brought it on myself because i listened to the album alot when i got it at first....then going into work and "everybodys changing" never being off the radio for more than 5 minutes...and watching all the people i had been telling that keane were great and who had said "who the ****?"...watching all those people going around singing the song...

you know how it is...it just got over played

i'll probably still buy there next album...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:38 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine

Its he same thing that happened to the darkness.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:41 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Placebo_fan
sorry, but if youre a celebrity, then how can you not do everything in the full glare in the media?

you dont need to make your best intentions a media circus...i know there have been massive donations made to charity by celebrities and buisness men that they wished to remain anonymous

its not like the coverage of chris martins charity work is stumbled upon by a papparazzi photographer...they are organised press junkets that are more about his image than the cause he is promoting

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:41 AM
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

okay, but obviously just becoz you like the song doesnt mean you have to listen to it all the time. i think for you it was just a case of everyone else changing their minds about keane that made you change yours. Does that make sense?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:42 AM
Libertine

it makes sense to me...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:43 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Libertine
Its he same thing that happened to the darkness.

dont get me started on the darkenss...you wont like what i turn into when people go on about the darkness miffed

Libertine

ok nevermind them.

Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

woah...hit a nerve, did she?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:44 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
okay, but obviously just becoz you like the song doesnt mean you have to listen to it all the time. i think for you it was just a case of everyone else changing their minds about keane that made you change yours. Does that make sense?

i can see why you would think that but its not...it really is just a case of song fatigue...hearing it when i want to hear it is one thing...but it being blasted out of every jukebox in every pub or on every radio constantly for weeks on end just gets on my proverbial thrupenny bits

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:45 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
woah...hit a nerve, did she?

more than you will ever know...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:46 AM
Libertine

Leanne you promised me to visit greenday.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:46 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok...to keep the lovely ladies happy

Attachment: keane 002.jpg
This has been downloaded 51 time(s).

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:57 AM