KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Keane VS Coldplay

Keane VS Coldplay
Started by: kaztiyo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kaztiyo

i dont like this kind of music that much but the reason i started the thread is kuz i think, eventhough keane is a new band that is bearly getting started they play very well thats why i am comparing them with coldplay because they use a similar way to sing just as Coldplay but i am not saying that keane are better than cold play its just that they play and sing very well
in conclusion i think that if they could reach fame in least than a year just as Franz Ferdinand did, Then what could we expectin their (both keane & Franz) next album

Attachment: icon8chad1.gif
This has been downloaded 78 time(s).

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 03:00 PM
kaztiyo is currently offline Click here to Send kaztiyo a Private Message Find more posts by kaztiyo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Keane make me sleepy, sorry - far too boring

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 04:58 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

They sld the most ablums of last year, where are all the fans that bought them?

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 08:50 AM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

They're not on here. Lets face it, the majority of people who like Keane are well...old, or older than the most of us in the music forum anyway. They're a boring easy listening band who are only successful because they've flown in on the back of all these other sub-Radiohead ''indie'' rock bands. Same applies for Snow Patrol, The Libertines, Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand etc etc. They all have the same basic set up and they are all just as boring in their individual ways.

In my humble opinion the only British bands around at the moment that are actually worth listening to are Porcupine Tree and The Wedding Present.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:07 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people continually refer to album sales?

Keane are lame. Coffee table, retirement home music.

Def, when you're on MSN send me a message. I have a British band worth listening to for you.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:25 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you really have chip on your shoulder dont you AC?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 11:40 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Multiple.

I know that answer is gonna annoy you, you knew that too. Yet you still asked, so you have no right to complain if it did.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 11:53 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i asked what question?...certainly wasnt me who posted the thread...

and it takes considerably more than your humerous ranting to annoy me

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 11:59 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Goodie smile

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 12:24 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

yippeeeeeeeee big grin wink

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 12:27 AM
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathblow
They're not on here. Lets face it, the majority of people who like Keane are well...old, or older than the most of us in the music forum anyway. They're a boring easy listening band who are only successful because they've flown in on the back of all these other sub-Radiohead ''indie'' rock bands. Same applies for Snow Patrol, The Libertines, Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand etc etc. They all have the same basic set up and they are all just as boring in their individual ways.

In my humble opinion the only British bands around at the moment that are actually worth listening to are Porcupine Tree and The Wedding Present.

Ok, well im sorry but radiohead were not the first indie band, the smiths were around along time before radiohead. Dont compare new bands to them its pretty much been done before.

Oh and i like how you name all the 'well-known magazine cover' bands, and prefere the bands that have not yet hit it really big. Hmm thats strange...

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 02:40 PM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's not confuse hitting it big with being good.

Prime example: Franz Ferdinand are superstars, Coldplay are superstars, Snow Patrol are doing well in the States it seems.

All these shit indie bands (our version of the Emo-Clone wars in the States) with the same sound-different name adage, don't get mentioned here because they're shit. Just because you're on your own liking The Libertines near enough, doesn't raise their credibility.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 06:31 PM
Df02

Radiohead arent even Indie are they? neway doesnt matter.
my opinion, Indie has been sucked into the fad-machine... itll be sucked in, bastardized and churned back out with a million more exact copies, if u wanna like them...then so be it, but recognise that there is alot more worth listening to out there

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 06:42 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

says the metal fans...the genre that has been churning out the same shit for 20 years and giving different sub genres in a futile attempt to make them seem original

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 07:24 PM
Deathblow
-

Why do you assume that because we don't like the oh-so dull British music scene right now we are all know nothing metalheads?

Metal makes about 30% of my musical preference, maybe less. And if you think newer metal is shit and unoriginal, you obviously haven't heard Dark Tranquility, Opeth, Meshuggah or Sevendust to name but four.

Originally posted by Libertine
Ok, well im sorry but radiohead were not the first indie band, the smiths were around along time before radiohead. Dont compare new bands to them its pretty much been done before.

Oh and i like how you name all the 'well-known magazine cover' bands, and prefere the bands that have not yet hit it really big. Hmm thats strange...

Did I say Radiohead were the first? Nope. Don't put words in my mouth. I said all these bands today are sub-Radiohead, sub meaning similar to, but inferior. Understand?

The Wedding Present are the only band in history to have had a single in the top 40 every month for one year, and had multiple songs in John Peel's festive 50's. They are big. Porcupine Tree aren't big because they are too creative and unique-sounding for the mainstream. If only they were to dress up in matching suits and ties, grow their hair into a matted mess, start taking cocaine and playing monotonous retro-rock, they'd become big. Silly them.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 10:12 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

we can all play the stereotype game

metal...long haired black wearing headbangers who disguise their lack of talent by sticking the distortion up full

not particularly accurate and just as pointless as your stereotypical image of indie bands

ive never seen oasis in matching suits...

the british music scene is better now than it has been for years...its just pity that where i live , the pubs are choked up with absolutely pish metal bands with very few bands making it out into a wider scene...snow patrol being one of them...and in fact formed no more than a stones throw from my front door

the cream always rises to the top...

you can also blame the clone wars that every music genre has on the record company bosses...

one company sees a band make it big and all the other companies want a nice big fat slice of the pie

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 10:22 PM
Deathblow
-

Originally posted by jaden101
we can all play the stereotype game

metal...long haired black wearing headbangers who disguise their lack of talent by sticking the distortion up full

That would do nothing but prove how little you really know.

This so-called ''indie'' is stereotypical in itself. As I said before it's all the same sub-Radiohead boredom fests, if there were some exceptions, and some of these bands were attention grabbing, I wouldn't say that. But there aren't. It's all so despairingly, depressingly dull. And I know, I have friends who listen to nothing but The Libertines and this other band with a female lead..I forget the name now. I've seen shows in various bars and it's flatline music.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 10:35 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

why is is "flatline" music...cause it isnt 300bpm talentless power chord shite

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 11:37 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deathblow
That would do nothing but prove how little you really know.

would it now...well lets test that theory...i'll google image some of the metal bands that have been brought up an img them onto this post

meshuggah(please log in to view the image)

iced earth (please log in to view the image)

amon amarth (please log in to view the image)

shadows fall (please log in to view the image)

opeth

(please log in to view the image)

dark tranquility
(please log in to view the image)

it has to be said...some of your choices are hardly dispelling any myths or destroying any stereotypes of the metal genre

this is the reason ive always found it pretty sad that people who listen to metal continuously take the piss out of "fashion victims" for always being dressed the same...when they all look the same as well

stereotypes...yes there are bands in the indie scene that fit the image you described...but dont try and defend metal based on a holier than thou image crusade and preach about them being all the same

Last edited by jaden101 on Mar 11th, 2005 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 12:43 AM
GreenRevolution
Are We The Dinning Dead?

first time I heard Keane - I thought it was the band Travis no expression

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 07:40 AM
GreenRevolution is currently offline Click here to Send GreenRevolution a Private Message Find more posts by GreenRevolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote