KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Keane VS Coldplay

Keane VS Coldplay
Started by: kaztiyo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
why is is "flatline" music...cause it isnt 300bpm talentless power chord shite

No, because it's boring shit. That's why.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 07:46 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

Hey, you said that stereotyping metal bands that way shows how little we know about them, your stereotype of Indie music shows just how little you know about that 'type' of music.

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:45 AM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did I stereotype indie? I was referring to Keane.

Most "indie" is boring shit. Just more bands for NME to hump.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:47 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine

Yes you did, saying they dress the same, and calling them shit also shows how little you know.

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:51 AM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I calling them shit isn't a stereotype. It's an opinion.

They're shit. Couldn't care less WHAT they wear. I know enough about music to know that Keane, Embrace, Thirteen Senses, The Thrills, The Stills, Hope of the States and all those shit bands are just clones. Pointless ones. Jumping on the bandwagon.

Saying how little I know isn't a position you're in when you have one of the world's most MEDIOCRE and boring bands in your signature.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:56 AM
Libertine

Why dont you stop talking grow your hair and fantasise just how amazing it would be if we still lived in the eighties. The decade that good musical taste forgot.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:10 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hit a nerve?

What does hair have to do with anything?

I never forgot about the 80s. Besides the shit Pop wave, it was one of the best times. Don't talk to me about Music like I'm some know nothing just coz you don't like the fact that I picked at your favourite band.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:57 AM
Libertine

Ya exactly! You picked at my fave band. Maybe the fact that you had to hit me so personally is because you dont know what the **** your talking about!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 01:35 PM
Deathblow
-

it has to be said...some of your choices are hardly dispelling any myths or destroying any stereotypes of the metal genre

this is the reason ive always found it pretty sad that people who listen to metal continuously take the piss out of "fashion victims" for always being dressed the same...when they all look the same as well

stereotypes...yes there are bands in the indie scene that fit the image you described...but dont try and defend metal based on a holier than thou image crusade and preach about them being all the same

That's nice. Really that's very nice. Now, enlighten me, what's your point? I don't actually care what those bands look like. I don't care if they look somewhat similar. I just don't care. Why you've spent all that time digging up pictures of those bands is beyond me. It's true that quite a lot (but not all) metal bands have a similar image, but, and I'm sorry to repeat myself, I don't care. Also, I don't like Iced Earth or Amon Amarth, and I have a right to point out that all these ''indie'' bands do look the same, because they do. At least the metal bands have personality in their image.

I don't need to defend metal against the attacks you're making, because one, I don't care about their image, and two, the comments you've made about metal bands being talentless hacks hiding behind distortion is laughable. I'd just love to hear Bloc Party attempting to write a stunning 15 minute epic love song switching between loud and electric and soft and acoustic in such a seamless way you don't even notice the change, because that's what Opeth do. You haven't heard these bands, so don't even try to judge their musical ability, that's just idiotic.

It's a fact that Meshuggah are better musicians than The Libertines, it's a fact that the Dark Tranquility lead guitarist would melt the The Killers guitarist face, it's a fact that Lajon Witherspoon's singing voice makes every indie vocalist sound like a silly little child. We're into facts now.

And let me point out to you seeing as you seem to have once again ignored me and taken me for a metalhead, metal only covers around 30% of my musical taste. It's not my favorite genre, and most of my favorite bands are not metal bands.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 04:06 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Libertine
Ya exactly! You picked at my fave band. Maybe the fact that you had to hit me so personally is because you dont know what the **** your talking about!

I know what I'm talking about, don't take me calling The Libertines shit, personal. I'm not dissing YOU.

Rest assured, I DO know what I'm on about. That scares you because you can't combat it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 04:38 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deathblow
That's nice. Really that's very nice. Now, enlighten me, what's your point? I don't actually care what those bands look like. I don't care if they look somewhat similar. I just don't care. Why you've spent all that time digging up pictures of those bands is beyond me. It's true that quite a lot (but not all) metal bands have a similar image, but, and I'm sorry to repeat myself, I don't care. Also, I don't like Iced Earth or Amon Amarth, and I have a right to point out that all these ''indie'' bands do look the same, because they do. At least the metal bands have personality in their image.

I don't need to defend metal against the attacks you're making, because one, I don't care about their image, and two, the comments you've made about metal bands being talentless hacks hiding behind distortion is laughable. I'd just love to hear Bloc Party attempting to write a stunning 15 minute epic love song switching between loud and electric and soft and acoustic in such a seamless way you don't even notice the change, because that's what Opeth do. You haven't heard these bands, so don't even try to judge their musical ability, that's just idiotic.

It's a fact that Meshuggah are better musicians than The Libertines, it's a fact that the Dark Tranquility lead guitarist would melt the The Killers guitarist face, it's a fact that Lajon Witherspoon's singing voice makes every indie vocalist sound like a silly little child. We're into facts now.

And let me point out to you seeing as you seem to have once again ignored me and taken me for a metalhead, metal only covers around 30% of my musical taste. It's not my favorite genre, and most of my favorite bands are not metal bands.

dont attack other genre's of music on the basis of image if you dont want someone to throw it back in your face...

as for the rest of your points...totally subjective and in my opinion (and it needs to be said...the opinions of more people than not) that those points are total horse shit...

just because you can wank a guitar at a rate of knots it doesnt mean that you have to in order to show a talent...

screaming into a mic doesn't constitute talent either

so some real facts

bloc party are magnificent...opeth are shit...and thats all there is to it...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:21 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bloc Party could mop the vomit off Opeth's dressing room floor if you wanna talk talent.

Bloc Party are just what most indie fans think is clever music because they don't know anything better.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 09:52 PM
Deathblow
-

^ Exactly...

dont attack other genre's of music on the basis of image if you dont want someone to throw it back in your face...

as for the rest of your points...totally subjective and in my opinion (and it needs to be said...the opinions of more people than not) that those points are total horse shit...

just because you can wank a guitar at a rate of knots it doesnt mean that you have to in order to show a talent...

screaming into a mic doesn't constitute talent either

so some real facts

bloc party are magnificent...opeth are shit...and thats all there is to it...

Holy hell. Obviously you have trouble with reading, so here goes, one last time:

I don't care about their image. They may all look similar, yes, but I don't care.

How can you throw something I don't care about in my face? Image means nothing to me, I just commented on the fact that all those bands look alike, which they do. Kind of mirrors the sound really.

Seriously, haha, you keep digging yourself into a deeper hole here. You haven't heard these bands, so stop making blind assumptions. Dark Tranquility have solos and riffs that are 100% percent melodic, no errr ''guitar wanking'' involved. And Lajon Witherspoon was a gospel and soul singer before he joined his band, he literally NEVER screams. Good guesses though, but next time, try getting actual facts to back up your statements smile

''Opeth are shit'', wow that sentence on it's own would be funny enough, but you had to make it better by including the ''Bloc Party are magnificent'' part. Even people who dislike Opeth acknowledge their talent as musicians, well, those who actually understand music.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 10:10 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok...so opeth are talented musicians...who make shit music..

i can read perfectly...but once again...dont play the image card for one genre and try yo use it to take the piss when the genre you are arguing for do the exact same thing...

as for you AC...if you think bloc party are in the same musical genre as keane and coldplay then you obviously dont have a clue about music as you claim to

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:14 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

ok...so opeth are talented musicians...who make shit music..

Who makes better music is opinion.

Which musicians are more skilled is fact.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:17 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you can be as skilled as you like...if you are going to choose to make pish music like metal then at least either try to do something that doesn't require using every cliche in the metal textbook

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:22 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

put it this way...if you want to be taken seriously as musicians then this is the wrong way to go about it

look at them...totally pathetic laughing out loud laughing

if would be funny if it wasn't so tragic

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:27 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Opeth make better music, by far.

The fact is, they're better musicians than Bloc Party will ever be. I'm not putting them in the same genre as Keane and Coldplay, just the same catagory.

Boring, bland music. If you don't know any better and have been sucked in to thinking that this band are actually doing something new and clever, then lets all laugh at you.

There's absolutely nothing about Bloc Party above mediocre, at all.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:38 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
new and clever

i like how you use those words...something that can never EVER be associated with bands like opeth...

bloc party are far beyond mediocre and even further beyond anything the metal genre can dig out of the ground

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:50 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

this can go on forever...fact is that im not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine

so lets just leave it at the fact that i am right and you are wrong

end of discussion

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:51 PM