KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Keane VS Coldplay

Keane VS Coldplay
Started by: kaztiyo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
That there is no direct fact

im glad you finally accepted that after your great david brent impression for the past 4 pages...now you can move on with your life and get over your own ego...then again...perhaps not

quote:
they're an amazing band. Once again, you cannot prove me wrong.

and you cant prove that your right...going by your own logic

therefor...they are still shit

quote:
Poor indie kids, the UK's version of the Emo kid.

metal more fits the bill in the UK...whiney 14 year olds music...just like emo...but with a pinch of anger

quote:
Coldplay, Keane, Embrace and Thirteen Senses?

is that bloc party's peers is it?...that would make funeral for a friend and good charlotte, mastodons peers...given the equivalent similarity

"bloc party are the greatest band on the planet"

there you go...happy now...good

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 08:44 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
im glad you finally accepted that after your great david brent impression for the past 4 pages...now you can move on with your life and get over your own ego...then again...perhaps not

Why are you making this about me? I was claiming fact to show you how blatantly and obviously you were making a fool of yourself by doing the same thing. I've said in many threads that it's not scientifically possible to prove one band better than the other. I've actually said that to you too. However it's a given that Simple Plan are shit, surely you're not so dense as to understand that.

and you cant prove that your right...going by your own logic

More of my posts have been correct than yours though. You have claimed opinion as fact, I didn't. You claimed Bloc Party were magnificent, Tool were bad and every band I listened to were pish "Fact". When that's further from the truth than you are from redeeming yourself here.

therefor...they are still shit

Prove it...........see? You can't. You've run out of shit to say so now you're latching onto what I've said this whole time. Shameful.

metal more fits the bill in the UK...whiney 14 year olds music...just like emo...but with a pinch of anger

You obviously have no idea or perception of what Metal is. Bloc Party are just another bland, boring band that remind me of water.

is that bloc party's peers is it?...that would make funeral for a friend and good charlotte, mastodons peers...given the equivalent similarity

Of course it wouldn't. Bloc Party, Keane and Coldplay are perceived as Indie. Mastodon are Metal, Good Charlotte are Pop and Funeral for a Friend are Screamo.

You obviously just think 'Music' is a genre and lump everything together.

"bloc party are the greatest band on the planet"

there you go...happy now...good

Hahahaha, excellent. Just as predicted.

Now for phase 2: You believe what you just said? Answer carefully.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 08:52 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
However it's a given that Simple Plan are shit, surely you're not so dense as to understand that.

yeah...you've said that before...once or twice..and yes...i agree with you (do i have that right seeing as you flamed me before for agreeing with you)

quote:
You obviously have no idea or perception of what Metal is. Bloc Party are just another bland, boring band that remind me of water.

bloc party...water...life giving essential liquid...mastodon...pish...yellow and toxic human waste product... wink

quote:
Now for phase 2: You believe what you just said? Answer carefully.

was it me that said it?...you may have noticed the quotation marks...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 09:00 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah...you've said that before...once or twice..and yes...i agree with you (do i have that right seeing as you flamed me before for agreeing with you)

Well.......then we agree. It's not uncommon.

bloc party...water...life giving essential liquid...mastodon...pish...yellow and toxic human waste product... wink

Water is also tasteless, that's what I meant wink.

was it me that said it?...you may have noticed the quotation marks...

I never said you originated the comment. I asked if you believe it were true.

Bloc Party aren't and never will be the greatest band in England, let alone the world. EVER.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 09:04 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Bloc Party aren't and never will be the greatest band in England, let alone the world. EVER.

an mastodon certainly never will be...

quote:
then we agree. It's not uncommon.

what..us agreeing or just people agreeing in general?...

quote:
Water is also tasteless,
...a little addition and water has taste...where as piss laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 09:09 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

an mastodon certainly never will be...

They already are according to some. Whilst I don't agree, and I never will (as much as I love the band), anyone who says the same of Bloc Party obviously doesn't know what they are saying.

what..us agreeing or just people agreeing in general?...

Both, slightly.

...a little addition and water has taste...where as piss laughing out loud

Technically speaking piss would have more taste than water. Even now you're on the back foot smile.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 09:25 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Technically speaking piss would have more taste than water. Even now you're on the back foot

so the whole crux of the debate boils down to whats better...no taste or bad taste

stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 09:54 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really........

Just who is better, what's better.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 10:22 AM
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

For **** sake!

Metal is shit... cant prove me wrong

Indie is great.... cant prve me wrong.

You have been spounting out nothing but opinion all the through this thread, repeating yourself as you go.

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 10:28 AM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read the thread before you choose to comment.

I wasn't the one chatting crap. I think you'll find that was Jaden.

Either way, if it's coming down to Indie bands Vs Metal bands then stay at home. Coz it's only gonna go my way.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 02:51 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Read the thread before you choose to comment.

I wasn't the one chatting crap. I think you'll find that was Jaden.

Either way, if it's coming down to Indie bands Vs Metal bands then stay at home. Coz it's only gonna go my way.

-AC

yir mamma

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 04:58 PM
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

Originally posted by Libertine
For **** sake!

Metal is shit... cant prove me wrong

Indie is great.... cant prve me wrong.

You have been spounting out nothing but opinion all the through this thread, repeating yourself as you go.

Libertine, i should probably argue with this coz i like some metal bands and some indie bands.
So how about this: you cant prove an OPINION wrong coz it can go eitherway. the FACT the you dont like metal CAN be questioned. I wanna know why metal is shit? And, subsequently, Why is indie gret? do they cancel each other out or something.

Sorry, nothing personal. wink

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 01:44 PM
Lost_Again is currently offline Click here to Send Lost_Again a Private Message Find more posts by Lost_Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine

Er actually, I was just showing Ac his unlogical arguemaent. Considering the fact that he'd said that metal was great and indie was shit. I wanna know how indie is shit and metal is great?

Sorry but you not so very personal post was full of complete crap about nothing...

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:41 PM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

My argument wasn't ILLogical.

I was showing Jaden that he was talking BS by trying to claim Metal as shit for a fact.

I think Indie is shit. If you put the best "Indie" bands up against GOOD Metal bands, the Metal bands come out on top because they are, in most cases, better musicians.

Before you try to question me I suggest you sort out just what YOU'RE commenting against.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:10 PM
Libertine

So are you saying that metal is better than indie as a fact? Arent you totally contradicting yourself?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:44 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I was saying that, I would be, yes.

Good thing that I'm not then isn't it chum?

Regardless of the Metal bands being better musicians (by the stuff they play), you would clearly deny it based on the fact that you prefer Indie. The stuff Metal musicians play is technically better and harder than anything from Indie, for the most part.

Not saying technicals make better music, just saying that they are the better musicians skillfully and for the most part, musically also.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 12:08 PM
Libertine

Ok first of all dont call me chum...

Secondly, maybe people dont want to hear 'harder' music. Maybe some people like to hear some melodic or up beat tunes. No offence but metal music doesnt say anything for me, it used when i was a pre teen angst. But i started to get into Punk and Indie music and prefere it a lot. I feel as though they speak to me and describe things that im feeling. So to me the are better musically in that way. But obviously metal does that for you, so we are gonna be trapped in this arguement forever. So we may aswell agree to disagree.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 01:44 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry sport, not more friendly nickname ok slick?

There's plenty of melodic Metal bands. No offence taken, I don't care what music says what to you. Metal isn't "angsty" music. If anything that's Emo.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 01:51 PM
Libertine

Does it look as if i care... i was a pre teen angst when i listened to metal, so for me they are angsty. And i really couldnt give a flying **** if there are melodic metal bands out there, metal bores the shit out of me.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 01:57 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ooooh, someone has a raised temper.

I wasn't making a recommendation, I was correcting you champ.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 02:11 PM