KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku vs. Darth Sidious

Who wins?
This poll is closed.
Count Dooku 4 21.05%
Darth Sidious 15 78.95%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Count Dooku vs. Darth Sidious
Started by: CountQuan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, Count Dooku is a sophisticated Sith lord with an amazing skill... and it's called diplomacy meets Form II. In another time, perhaps, Dooku would have been an amazing Sith master in his own right. He -did- beat Mace Windu in combat one upon a time, according to the database. I'm not saying Darth Sidious isn't more powerful; I just think more people around here should give credit where credit is do.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

That is a good arguement, however, if Anakin(when he is still on the lightside, and thus less powerful) can still beat Dooku, it is safe to say Sidious would be able to defeat him similarly to Mace. It would take some time no doubt, as Dooku is INCREDIBLY skilled, but nowhere near Sidious.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 08:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Actually, I think Dooku could have a chance. He held his own against Yoda (a Master with 900 years experience). Plus, if he's trained with Sidious, he'll have an understanding of how he fights (yes, I know, Sidious would not have shown all of his skill).

I just don't like it when people make Sidious out to be invincible. Given the right circumstances, he could be beaten.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:09 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Good point, chilled monkey.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 02:41 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

No way, Sidious is the Dark Lord of the Sith, the one only the Chosen One can kill. No one else stands a chance. That's why Yoda is pwned by him, only Anakin has a chance of killing him. Dooku would be slaughtered.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 03:41 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I think Dooku would survive for several moments as did Windu, but he would meet a similar demise.
In all reality, I bet Sidious would trick Anakin into doing it.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Have I ever related how much I dislike the aspect of the Chosen One theory and how it just totally makes these threads lopsided and faction-based? Oh, I have? Numerous times?

Sorry guys. Old stances die hard. SW would have been a much more enlightening setting if the Chosen One prophecy had been left out.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I agree, they didn't need it, but since he's a jesus that turns evil, i am okay with it.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:07 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Darth Christ. Can walk on water and choke heretics as easily as he can break bread. I'm a believer.

Jesus is cool.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:09 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

OH my god, we now have a new vs. thread
ROTS Anakin(darkside) vs. Jesus with a lightsaber.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:10 PM
Julie
The Student

treading into blasphemous realms

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Jesus and Obi-Wan would get along well together. They look alike, so they can pretend to be brothers and all that. But I figure Jesus to be the kinda guy who isn't into the lightsaber thing. Nonviolence morality and all that.

But if he did grip up a lightsaber, it's over. Jedi Master and Son of God Jesus versus Everyone. Ownage.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:19 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

many argue that the whole force creating Anakin is blasphemy

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:19 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I don't like to think of God as being one to get angry over blasphemy if he knows I have good intentions. Then again, the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

If this thread is the straw that ends up sending me to hell, I'm gonna be very vexed.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:22 PM
chilled monkey

Trying desperately to get this back on track...

jedimaster2000: Thanks.

Anyway, I think if the circumstances were right, Dooku could beat him. He's learned from the best, after all. I am looking forwards to seeing Mace Windu give Sidious a thrashing.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 11:44 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Yes Dooku has learned from the best, but that does not make him the best it only makes him good. Sidious is still the master of the dark side, a Sith Lord, THE Sith Lord. Sidious is stronger than everyone save Anakin, and that's why everyone else but Anakin loses.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

Sidious.

For Fritos.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Sidious without a doubt in sabers force and all out

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 07:54 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Why bump a decade old thread with an obvious winner?

There aren't even any posts rich in funnies, I am disappointed in you.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote