KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » When did Metallica start going bad?

When did Metallica start going bad?
Started by: Norma Jean

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
How is Master of Puppets not mainstream? It's the most famous song of one of the most famous metal bands of all time.

it went mainstream because it was popular with pretty much zero mass marketing (at least in the states). mtv never even mentioned the existence of metallica back then, until headbangers ball, then they were never mentioned on mtv unless it was midnight on Saturday.

'one' was the song that truly put them into mainstream imho. that was the first song of theirs that non-metalheads took to.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Nov 5th, 2018 at 06:40 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 06:37 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johncarner

it seems to me people are trying to convince them selfs that metallica are still good. Maybe they are but they are not showing it on thier music nowdays.

i dont want another master of puppets i just want another good album.

and i really cant convince my self tha tst.anger is a good album, it is one of the worse albums i have ever heard!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 10:13 AM
johncarner is currently offline Click here to Send johncarner a Private Message Find more posts by johncarner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

In order for Metallica to redeem themselves they have to tap into that 'hungry for vengeance' Thrash that they began with, that's the sound that made people love them. Go live in a cheap motel room for a month together with a case of whiskey and ramen noodles.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 05:19 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote