KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?

Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?
Started by: Stinky_Bottoms

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

Can somebody please explain to me how 2 sucked?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:23 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alfheim

I dont know why people believe reloaded was so bad. infact, as far as movie sequals go, i think Reloaded is one of the best sequals out there if not the most satisfying as far as story advancement goes. This next comment may sound pretentious, but that is not my intention. I think that reloaded and the matrix films in general are action movies for intellectuals. you have to actually pay attention to reloaded and revolutions to get the full effect out of them. Most people went to reloaded to see a popcorn movie, but saw a film with substance instead. Many people think the movie is to smart for itself. The movie's are not even that hard to follow. The action is outstanding and groundbreaking, the filming techniques were innovative, the dialogue and acting were very fine and the story itself was a mixture of many genre's and interests much like star wars. the only fault i found with reloaded was the ending. i think the segway between films could have been executed better.

because at the time th wachowski brothers presented reloaded and revolutions as one movie broken up. On top of the in depth content i think this was to much for people to absorb. People complained about the ending so much. but pirates of the carribean is doing the same thing, but people embrce t because it offers no intellectual value what so ever just big bangs and pretty colors.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 02:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I dont know why people believe reloaded was so bad. infact, as far as movie sequals go, i think Reloaded is one of the best sequals out there if not the most satisfying as far as story advancement goes. This next comment may sound pretentious, but that is not my intention. I think that reloaded and the matrix films in general are action movies for intellectuals. you have to actually pay attention to reloaded and revolutions to get the full effect out of them. Most people went to reloaded to see a popcorn movie, but saw a film with substance instead. Many people think the movie is to smart for itself. The movie's are not even that hard to follow. The action is outstanding and groundbreaking, the filming techniques were innovative, the dialogue and acting were very fine and the story itself was a mixture of many genre's and interests much like star wars. the only fault i found with reloaded was the ending. i think the segway between films could have been executed better.

because at the time th wachowski brothers presented reloaded and revolutions as one movie broken up. On top of the in depth content i think this was to much for people to absorb. People complained about the ending so much. but pirates of the carribean is doing the same thing, but people embrce t because it offers no intellectual value what so ever just big bangs and pretty colors.

Yeah I think your right if people go to an action movie and they have to think too much it puts them off.

I think the bit where Neo was talking to the arhitect probably put people off for starters.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 02:07 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

The 1st one was the best while the other two were not needed since it should have stayed with just one Matrix movie.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 07:57 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by DarthLazious
The 1st one was the best while the other two were not needed since it should have stayed with just one Matrix movie.

Bullocks. Number two rocked.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 03:40 PM
vader11

I like SW, Matrix, & Terminatorstick out tongue

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:23 AM
vader11 is currently offline Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I think that because the first movie was such a big hit they wanted to make the other two movies to make m ore money.THey should had stop while they were ahead because the last two were infact horrible.Shame that they have to ruin movies like that.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:27 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I think that because the first movie was such a big hit they wanted to make the other two movies to make m ore money.THey should had stop while they were ahead because the last two were infact horrible.Shame that they have to ruin movies like that.jm

Dont know about that, i personally thought that the brothers took great care in the story and character development in the sequals. Of course they were made to make money...name me one sigle movie or sequal that comes out of hollywood that isnt made to gross money. Im fcukin sick of people saying "aw they just made that movie to make more money" WELL OF COURSE NUMB NUTS. Im not attacking you, just the general person who never has anything else to say.
Seeing how reloaded and revolutions were basically one movie, i thought they were one of the best sequals that enhanced the original story. The continuity on neos abilities and character wasnt erratic or inconsistent. There was also a great mixture of philosophical concepts and ideas sparsed through out the entire film which i appreciated. I know these movies are not appealing to many people, but atleast give a better reason on why the movies were shit other than saying they were made just to make more money.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 02:10 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

All of them are aim to make money.But it would be nice if the movie is worth the money we spend to see the movie.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 02:06 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewy16

I think the Matrix Sequels will go down as the most misunderstood sequels in the history of movies. Now I am not a huge Matrix fan, but I respect that they tried like hell to put a story in there, and I think that story went right over peoples heads, especially where Neo finally meets the Architect. I remember being in the movie theater and thinking that was the best part of the movie, and most of my friends were like ????????, we want more action like the car chase!!!!!

I get tired of people throwing around box office numbers to say how good a movie is. I think the Matrix movies arent for everyone, and that is just the way it is, just like SW, LOTR, etc, but the movies are well made, and sure the sequels aren't as good as the original, but when was the last time that happened, The Empire Strikes Back?

Old Post May 12th, 2007 10:16 PM
chewy16 is currently offline Click here to Send chewy16 a Private Message Find more posts by chewy16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

fact is, reloaded and revolutions were very well written, acted, and directed films. Not many other movies have such solid and consistent character development. I truly believe most people were un able to keep enough focus to understand what was going on. People like the plots to movies spoon fed to them. The wachowski brothers however took a chance in the audience that were smarter than they actually were.

Personally i think that reloaded was a better movie than the first. The action was more intense and epic. The story unraveled into a new revalation as well as many sub plots. The dialogue was more philosophical and diverse. however, the orginal was the most fluent and darker of the three.

Old Post May 29th, 2007 01:56 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
All of them are aim to make money.But it would be nice if the movie is worth the money we spend to see the movie.jm

Speak for yourself partner. Atleast the matrix had more thought put into than the last dozen blocbusters.

Old Post May 29th, 2007 01:57 PM
chewy16

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Speak for yourself partner. Atleast the matrix had more thought put into than the last dozen blocbusters.

This is so true, and for all the hoopla of the summer blockbusters, they are just pure popcorn flicks with really no substance.

Now if that is what you want in a summer movie, then Spiderman 3 and POTC 3 are perfect for you, cause the movies rely on the big action sequences and special effects.

The Matrix atleast tried to have a story to challenge people, have characters that have some depth, and in the end, didn't have the happiest endings to all the major characters. When was the last time a movie did that to its major charcters? Empire Strikes Back? Wraith of Khan?

Summer movies don't take any chances anymore, they are all about the franchise and play things safe. That is the reason why i don't go see the summer blockbusters much anymore, but they are still making loads of money, so my opinion is irrelevant until people stop coming.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 01:53 AM
chewy16 is currently offline Click here to Send chewy16 a Private Message Find more posts by chewy16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by chewy16
, but they are still making loads of money, so my opinion is irrelevant until people stop coming.

Assuming that box office result determine quality, which it doesnt

I would say your in the clear with your statement there chewy.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 04:39 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by Alfheim

I wouldn't go so far as to saying it sucked. Alot of it was just...slow, and that's not from a standpoint where I'd say "the whole movie had to be all action." Not true. The first movie, even when the action wasn't there, had a very interesting storyline and was fun to watch. Reloaded just made things more complicated to me. Everytime there was an explaination, there were 3 more explainations to followed it and that annoyed me. It wasn't a bad movie, I just don't think it had the same touch that number 1 had.

I like George.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 11:32 PM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did they suck?All 3 were great films with good plots,good acting,good effects,and everything else.What sucked about?Neo died.What did you think was gonna happen?They were all great movies(2nd was my fav though).You either watched the movie for it's philosphy,in which case you got a buffet, or it's action, 3rd was kinda slow on the action,but it was in no way lacking

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 06:22 AM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
fact is, reloaded and revolutions were very well written, acted, and directed films. Not many other movies have such solid and consistent character development. I truly believe most people were un able to keep enough focus to understand what was going on. People like the plots to movies spoon fed to them. The wachowski brothers however took a chance in the audience that were smarter than they actually were.

Personally i think that reloaded was a better movie than the first. The action was more intense and epic. The story unraveled into a new revalation as well as many sub plots. The dialogue was more philosophical and diverse. however, the orginal was the most fluent and darker of the three.

exactly

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 06:25 AM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote