KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Professor Xavier vs. Multiple Man

Professor Xavier vs. Multiple Man
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Tongue Professor Xavier vs. Multiple Man

Multiple Man has dupes out in the world. Don't you think that he is enough to defeat any telepath?
I think so.

Attachment: madrox1.jpg
This has been downloaded 59 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 04:17 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CountQuan
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. Xavier can control p[eople's minds remember?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 04:26 PM
CountQuan is currently offline Click here to Send CountQuan a Private Message Find more posts by CountQuan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rougeredmage

xavier was the one who orginaly stoped multiple man in his first apearance when he battled the fantastic four and god damned nearly won agaisnt them. i think it was only throguih xavier shutting of the dupes minds that alowed them to win

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 05:22 PM
rougeredmage is currently offline Click here to Send rougeredmage a Private Message Find more posts by rougeredmage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

since mutiple man can talk to his dupes via telepathy, shouldn't making duplicates allow him some protection against xavier? I never read the one where FF fought the multiple man. I wasn't an FF fan. But how did multiple man manage to put up a fight. Did each of his dupes have super strength?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 07:16 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I don't know but MM could be quite powerful if written right.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 07:18 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

quote:
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
since mutiple man can talk to his dupes via telepathy, shouldn't making duplicates allow him some protection against xavier? I never read the one where FF fought the multiple man. I wasn't an FF fan. But how did multiple man manage to put up a fight. Did each of his dupes have super strength?

He can sense that they're around to a certain degree, but I don't think I've seen Jamie communicate with his duplicates via telepathy. In the Fantastic Four comic, his powers were going out of control as his suit ceased to do it's job of negate the kinetic energy he makes contact with. He didn't fight the Fantastic Four per se, but was there for help in containing his powers.

All duplicates do not have extra super strength, but he has a certain resistence to mind control with fewer dupes. But the more dupes he has the more susceptible he is to mind control (i.e. Mastermind's daughter controlling him during his term with X-Corps). Xavier's telepathy, however, is too strong for Jamie to handle. He asked Jamie to create duplicates for him to use as an extension to his own powers, so he's shown to be penetrated before (of course in that scenario, Jamie willingly allowed it).

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 09:10 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:

However, as the suit was no longer overhauled, in time some of its control elements started to burn out and it began to malfunction. More and more energy was needed to provide its functions and, when the suit no longer generated enough power on its own, it leeched off electric energies from whatever power source nearby. The suit affected Jamie also on a psychological level; he was now afraid of being alone, went slowly insane and felt himself drawn to New York, where he found more and more energy to absorb. As he caused entire blocks of the city to be hit by blackouts, his presence was recognized by the Fantastic Four. The four heroes had never encountered a foe with self-replicating abilities, and soon they found themselves outnumbered as, every time Madrox was hit, he created a duplicate of himself. It was Professor Xavier who, after being alerted by Cerebro to Jamie being in New York, used his telepathy to shut off most of the Madroxes minds, allowing Mr. Fantastic to repair the power negating outfit, while battling the confused young man at the same time. [Giant Size Fantastic Four #4]

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 10:17 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Thanks for the info.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 10:24 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

xavier could defeat loads of unpowred humans, so what's the difference between doing that and defeating loads of MM clones?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:27 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

He could simply telepathically control Jamie to tell him to shut down all of his clones. Simple enough.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:12 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Right Xavier could defeat loads of em but One who is many and the same and different might pose a serious threat to a telepath

Attachment: multipleman.gif
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:31 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Xavier

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 04:57 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote