KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can go 1-on-1 with a Predator?

Who can go 1-on-1 with a Predator?
Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Brock Samson could take them all.

Too true my comrade in arms.

As to the poster above this, no. You're wrong.

Have you read the Predator vs Batman comics? Batman doesn't win by being a better fighter in the least! He gets his ass BEAT TO SHIT by the predator, he wins by doing what he does best. Planning. That's why no other character except Wolverine stands a chance in this thread. Even then, he could only win on a few conditions;

1) If the predators weaponry is NOT more durable than adamantium (Cannot be disproven that it is or isn't)
2) If he gets within range to use his claws (I.e. his limbs are somehow attached to eachother in the joints by thin strands of adamantium, to prevent loss of said limbs)
3) If the predator is not among the tope caste of predators, such as Dachande.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:50 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArekExcelsior2

Frankly, I ignore comic canon on Versus battles. It's one particular playthrough of the scenario with market motivated logic. I just look at logic.

Brock Samson DOES kick major ass. "It's like two ninjas taped together to make one super-ninja!"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:53 AM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

It's kind of confusing because Cyclops blew his hand off in AoA. Yeah, AoA is different but the difference between AoA and regular Wolverine is supposed to be after he got the adamantium bonded to his bones in Canada.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:55 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Exactly, thats why I believe writers are just idiots and Wolverine is a fanboys wet dream.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:56 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

I don't like Brock Samson's attitude. He's such a meany.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:57 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I still think seeing the whole skeleton is just for looks. If his bones were really bonded like that, the fibers would probably hinder his movement/ability to fight and tear up his muscles.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:59 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Pretty much.

"You alright kid?"

"No.... because you snapped at me..."

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:59 AM
Cosmic Cube

I still think seeing the whole skeleton is just for looks. If his bones were really bonded like that, the fibers would probably hinder his movement/ability to fight and tear up his muscles.

I think that's why he has the healing factor.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:01 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Even with a healing factor, tearing up your back muscles every time you move can't be doing any good.
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Pretty much.

"You alright kid?"

"No.... because you snapped at me..."

Scuba.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:06 AM
Cosmic Cube

See what I mean? Look at that face he's making.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:07 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It's kind of confusing because Cyclops blew his hand off in AoA. Yeah, AoA is different but the difference between AoA and regular Wolverine is supposed to be after he got the adamantium bonded to his bones in Canada.

He blew it off at the JOINTS. The joints are very weak. If the joints were laced with adamantium, then Wolverine wouldn't be able to move.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:10 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Good point, Draco. Very elucidating.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:14 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Thank you. smile

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:16 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Draco69
He blew it off at the JOINTS. The joints are very weak. If the joints were laced with adamantium, then Wolverine wouldn't be able to move.
That's what I'm saying. People should be able to rip wolverine's arms off at the elbow and stuff but noooo "tiny adamantium hairs hold them together"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:28 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:29 AM
ArekExcelsior2

Yeah, the entire "adamantium skeleton" thing to me never seemed plausible as far as the degree to which they use it to make Wolverine endurant. Okay, so his skeleton is buff, fine. Burn his skin and muscles, or slash him at a different angle, or stab between bones, or inflict crushing blows that massively bruise and hemorrhage...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:36 AM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I can't tell you how many pictures of human spines I've had to post to show that Wolverine's head can be ripped off, adamantium or not. Which is one of the ways a pred could take him out.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:39 AM
ArekExcelsior2

Yeah, my argument isn't that the Predator couldn't kill Wolverine - an adamantium skeleton and a healing factor do not invulnerability make. I still think that Wolverine has the proper hunting skills, toughness and abilities that would surprise the predator to win.

Unless, as I keep saying, it's a super-Predator, say a Predator with something like Marrow's ability. Then Wolvie is taken to town.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:06 AM
Jimmy Buggs

arnie woopd a predoitoiti

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 07:15 AM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Wolverine can heal instantly if he doesnt dodge one of the predators projectiles, which is highly likey. Wloverine is also more agile and lets not talk about his berserker mode. When that thing turns on it's practically over as wolverine has used this tactic before a has defeated foes the likes of the predator and even stringer than the predator.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 07:03 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote