KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Kung Fu Hustle

Kung Fu Hustle
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

god of cookery was another one he did um...
i think there was more... but i cant remember right now...
ill check

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:13 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

God of Cookery
King of Comedy
King of Destruction
From Beijing With Love
Forbidden City Cop

Those are what he has directed, he has acted in a load more. King of Comedy and God of Cookery are worth the look if you are a fan.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:33 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
God of Cookery
King of Comedy
King of Destruction
From Beijing With Love
Forbidden City Cop

Those are what he has directed, he has acted in a load more. King of Comedy and God of Cookery are worth the look if you are a fan.

okay all his recent ones are simalar

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 04:16 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Originally posted by MildPossession
God of Cookery
King of Comedy
King of Destruction
From Beijing With Love
Forbidden City Cop

Awesome, thanks for that list. I'll have to check some of those out while I'm waiting for hustle.

Anyone else notice that it's been getting really good reviews?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 09:58 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I recently saw this film and it was amazing. It balanced the comedy and action very well and its definitely something new for any and all filmgoers. I would overwhelmingly recommend watching this film.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 11:26 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

nothing new to asain cinema except enjoyment of lame comical storyline wihich you cannot help laugh at its stupidity

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 02:46 AM
Holcomb

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I recently saw this film and it was amazing. It balanced the comedy and action very well and its definitely something new for any and all filmgoers. I would overwhelmingly recommend watching this film.

Glad to hear, I'll probably be seeing it this weekend when it opens wide.

Were there any actors that stood out for you?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 04:05 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

The young actress Shengyi Huang (Chow's love interest) stood out for me, she seems to have alot of potential as an actress. A bit of a spoiler, but she displayed plenty of emotion during the film without ever saying a single word playing a woman who was hearing impaired.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 09:16 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

That's good to know, I'll keep an eye out for her.

Was she a Bond girl in some James Bond movie?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 04:02 PM
Praylu

Nope, I think your probably thinking of Michelle Yeoh who co-starred in Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) with Pierce Brosnan. Shengyi Huang was only about 15 years old at the time of its release.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:25 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

What language do they speak in the US release.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:34 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by BakaXero
nothing new to asain cinema except enjoyment of lame comical storyline wihich you cannot help laugh at its stupidity

I highly doubt that anyone else in Asian cinema is churning out insane films like Stephen Chow.

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
The young actress Shengyi Huang (Chow's love interest) stood out for me, she seems to have alot of potential as an actress. A bit of a spoiler, but she displayed plenty of emotion during the film without ever saying a single word playing a woman who was hearing impaired.

No offense, but I don't know where you're coming from with this. She had about 4 minutes combined screentime, most of which she eiter cried, ran, or used sign language. You can't base someones entire future off of such a short performance.

Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
What language do they speak in the US release.

Mandarin w/ English subtitles.

The film was hokey, burly, stupid, action packed, fast paced, engaging..so, in other words, I thought it was perfect. yes
Stephen Chow should consider releasing some of his older stuff after he sees how well KFH does in the U.S. I was glad to see Brother # 6 from "Shaolin Soccer" back at Chow's side.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 09:28 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I highly doubt that anyone else in Asian cinema is churning out insane films like Stephen Chow.

No offense, but I don't know where you're coming from with this. She had about 4 minutes combined screentime, most of which she eiter cried, ran, or used sign language. You can't base someones entire future off of such a short performance.

Mandarin w/ English subtitles.

The film was hokey, burly, stupid, action packed, fast paced, engaging..so, in other words, I thought it was perfect. yes
Stephen Chow should consider releasing some of his older stuff after he sees how well KFH does in the U.S. I was glad to see Brother # 6 from "Shaolin Soccer" back at Chow's side.

whay i meant was steven chow movies... i know asian cinema its not all like that. i guess what i said came out wrong. i watch asain movies every second i get. what im saying is its nothing new, since his over does it. in alot of his movies. many of them have the same basic ideas. but theyre still enjoyable and good to watch.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:12 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stephen Chow rocks the tofu! He's made some excellent movies...Let's hope he doesn't get kidnapped by Hollyshit and made to make 'Shanghai Hong-Kong-Fu Knights' or something equally as bird flu poo...

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 07:15 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Originally posted by Holcomb
That's good to know, I'll keep an eye out for her.

Was she a Bond girl in some James Bond movie?

Actually saw this last night. Great flick, and there actually is a Bond tie-in. The landlady was actually uncredited in The Man with the Golden Gun back in 1974. Not what you were referring to, I know... but thought I'd pop back on line to contribute once again smile

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 09:32 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Prim, you live! eek!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 02:47 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Prim, you live! eek!

Indeed I do, Cory! Those home imporvement projects take a hell of a lot of time... and my laundry list of films to watch during that has grown hopelessly out of control. Time to get back into the swing of things. I think this weekend's Hustle/Interpreter two-fer is the first time I've pulled that in a couple years. Not a bad combo, either.... although Interpreter could have been a little quicker paced.

Glad to be missed smile

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 06:12 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Yeah, both "House of Flying Daggers" and "Kung Fu Hustle" were being hyped and I got to wondering where you and Shaolin Monk were hiding. Don't be scarce, man. You need a new sig, too. yes

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 06:37 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Yeah, tell me about it. Might keep with the theme, and look for some Hustle images. Or maybe Flying Dagger ones... picked that one up on Friday as well. Nothing like a little foreign cinema to drag me out of hiding...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:08 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Just a note here: Movies like this should be allowed to stay in the normal movie section because Kung Fu Hustle is released all around the world and will be seen by people other than just fans of foreign films. Not to mention, this is the internet, foreign is different depending on where you live.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:20 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote