KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why did the mandolorians get wiped out?

Why did the mandolorians get wiped out?
Started by: Sith_lord_Exar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Rover

I'm not entirely sure. The whole Spar situation is quite new to me. I'm not even sure when he was created. wacko

*Ahem*:
After the Clone Wars, and after Palpatine went before the Galactic Senate and proclaimed himself Emperor under the tenents of the New Order, the Mandalorians were again all but forgotten and dumped.
During the Wars, the Separatists had attacked the world of Mandalore, devastating it's cities and peoples. Palpatine promised to revive order in the sector, and to help rebuild the planet for all the Mandalorians had done.
But he lied, and Mandalore lay in decay.

After the Wars, Boba Fett travelled throughout the Galaxy-at-large, yet he eventually settled on his father's homeworld of Concord Dawn. He lived a quite normal life there, but in the end, his stay was cut short: he followed in the footsteps of Jaster Mereel to a startling degree.
Mereel had once been a Journeyman Protector on the planet, but he had been exiled for killing a fellow Protector, though the Protector was supposedly "corrupt". Well, he wasn't really exiled: he escaped his execution, and was named-in-exile.
Boba Fett did this as well, though the man he killed was indeed a corrupt official. Still, murder was murder on Concord Dawn, and Boba Fett under the name of Mereel was taken before a trial, where he uttered the words:

"Everyone dies.
It's the final and only lasting Justice. Evil exists; it is intelligence in the service of entropy. When the side of a mountain slides down to kill a village, this is not evil, for evil requires intent. Should a sentient being cause that landslide, there is evil; and requires Justice as a consequence, so that civilization can exist.
There is no greater good than Justice; and only if law serves Justice is it good law. Is is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, for the Just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar.
I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.
"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 10:39 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Where is that from? A book?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Yes, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, under The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

*Ahem*
I'm done writing about the Mandalorians like this for tonight, and I've decided to do a little more research and make a progressive essay about the Mandalorians.
I'll keep posting like I have before, but I'll also start arranging it into some sort of order....wink

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 02:59 AM
Bardock42

good, becaúsed I like the mandalorians laughing

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 07:52 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Is it known how Boba got all the scars?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 07:54 AM
Aluminum Falcon

DCLXVI, can you post some more mando pics?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malic Clanorian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Because you touch yourself at night.

lmfao laughing laughing laughing

Homer: "Trying is the first step towards failure."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Malic Clanorian a Private Message Find more posts by Malic Clanorian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

DCLXVI Thanks!!!
really cool stuff. smile
would love more. smile (when you can get to it.)

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 11:44 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

My god, it's only been one day....it seems like I haven't been on in months.....stick out tongue

Alright, I'm constantly learning things about the Mandalorians, so expect some of my earlier statements to possibly be dissavowed (sp?) later on when I learn more....

For example: I've started to read Republic Commando: Hard Contact, and I've learned quite a bit in the first two chapters already! stick out tongue

I may post some more here tonight, but I think I'll get to editing my earlier posts in Word first....I may post more pics soon....or update the links.....

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 04:32 PM
The Rover

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a."
-Song by Niner and Fi, two Republic Commandos, in Republic Commando: Hard Contact.

English:
"They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow, and the gauntlet of the Republic. Our vengeance burns brighter still."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 09:07 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Amazing. I've learned more about Mandalorians in the last fifteen minutes than I think I have any other SW subject. Boba's words at that trial, btw, are very inspiring.

Excellent research, man. Keep it up.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

wink
Will do......probably do the biggest updates on the weekend.....
And as I said above, I'm going to edit the posts and all the material I have on the Mandalorians, and I'll probably make some sort of "essay" on them, maybe making it a download for you guys......wink

Last edited by The Rover on Mar 9th, 2005 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 04:16 AM
Fëanor

ooh! can't wait

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Please don't patronize me, Fëanor. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 08:30 PM
MistaMandalore

You can download the music from republic commando via the lucasarts game site. Just click on the mp3 section of republic commando. The songs are sung in ancient Mandalorian. Pretty damn cool.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 01:37 PM
Click here to Send MistaMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by MistaMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Hm.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:18 PM
The Rover

Sorry for the double post.....
Not sure if I've posted these before:

SPOILER ALERT: The below photo is a spoiler-pic that has been leaked.
(please log in to view the image)

^-A Clone Commander, possibly Cody, Bly, or perhaps this "Thire" we hear so much about....

^-This is a Republic Comic featuring Clone Commander Bly, who apparently stayed with the Jedi A. Secura.....notice he's wearing Episode III Clone Armour....

^-This Episode III Toy is named "Clone Commander Bly" on the Official site.

^-A Comic-Con banner featuring the Episode III Clone Trooper Armour.

Last edited by The Rover on Mar 14th, 2005 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:57 PM
The Rover

More:

^-This is a leaked photo of a Clone Pilot in Episode III.

^-A released pic of an Episode III Clone Trooper Toy.

^-I believe this to be a leaked pic of Commander Cody, resized from my sig below.

^-A Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper, named "Senate Stormtrooper".

^-Resized of the above.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 08:09 PM
The Rover

If anybody cares, the "essay" has been put on hiatus. wink
I hope to finish it before the end of '05....wink

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 11:40 PM