KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why did the mandolorians get wiped out?

Why did the mandolorians get wiped out?
Started by: Sith_lord_Exar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

DCLXVI, i was under the impression that as a sith, Count Dooku issued a challenge to a few different bounty hunters, including Jango and Montross, to kill his rouge apprentice, Komari Vossa, and thats how Jango was picked. Its from the game 'Bouny Hunter' but i thought that it went along with book story lines/movies as a back story of Jango. Do you know if any of that holds true to what you've read? Also, in the game that is, thats where Jango kills Montross, as he was hunting Jango so he would get the bounty of 5 million credits.....the whole cloning aspect of it being an added bonus. Anyway if any of this sounds familiar outside of the video game, let me know if you could. Thanks a lot man.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

The Mandalorians never get wiped out. Boba Fett reforms them and they appear in The Unifying Force. I think there is only like ten of them though. They do kill a lot of Vong even though they have a really small part and are only mentioned for about a page or so.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Subjekt> Yes, you are right on all of that. I forget what I posted, but it seems I may have been not too clear, or sometimes wrong on that. Sorry.
That is the official EU story, but some other backstory on top of that was that Jango knew all this crap, etc. I'm sorry if I then forgot to mention what Subjekt did.....

Glentract> No, the Mandalorians were wiped out. Many times.
For one, after the Exar Kun & Mandalorian Wars. Then after Galidraan. In between the years of TPM until the end of the CLONE WARS, the Mandalorians had begun to rebuild themselves, however slowly. Sadly, they were almost completely wiped out in an as yet un-novelized battle. wink
And yes, Boba Fett did eventually bring them back....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 05:42 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

they're too freakin bent on getting in a fight with everyone

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

I thought the Mandalorians existed in KOTOR times????

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

they did....but they keep getting in so many fights....think of them as the jedi..thy eebb and flow with regards to numbers

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

i guess after they scattered into minor factions (after that battle cando goes on about) they just fight to the death with anyone!!

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yeah that kind of death wish usually gets granted

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 09:03 PM
The Rover

ATTENTION> For all those that were/are now interested in learning about the Mandalorians, I suggest you check this out: Mandalorian Discussion Thread wink

For whatever reason you may or may not hate TF.N, this is the place to go. wink

BTW> Some of my information earlier in the thread seems to have been either mislead or disproven by the article in Insider #80. wink

Last edited by The Rover on May 27th, 2005 at 02:42 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:36 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote