KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » anybody in to foriegn films?

anybody in to foriegn films?
Started by: harajukuchic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
harajukuchic

anybody in to foriegn films?

i love the movie "purple butterfly" i think that is a great movie. i love Zhang Ziyi in this move she gave a great performance, like always. I'm also looking forward to two other movies that are coming out on tomorrow on the 8th, "Dolls" and "Bright future" they look like they are going to be really good movies from the clips i've seen and the storylines that i've read about them. palmpictures is a great resource on independent movies that are going to come out. If anybody is into these kinds of films it would be cool to talk to someone about them.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 07:26 AM
harajukuchic is currently offline Click here to Send harajukuchic a Private Message Find more posts by harajukuchic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Zatoichi
Kung Fu Hustle
um... I know there is more but I can't think of them
btw: I don't think of British movies as foreign since it is still in my native language.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 08:55 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

old boy(korean)
life is beautiful(italian)
das experiment(german)
das boot(german)
crouching tiger hidden dragon(chinese)
citade de deus(city of god)(brazilian)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 10:50 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love foreign films, I watch them more than mainstream/American films at the moment. Ingmar Bergman films I adore(Persona is a favourite), they are Swedish films.

Have yet to see Purple Butterfly, but should be getting it soon on dvd in a few days time from Hong Kong.

Dolls has been out for ages here, decent film, wonderful to look at. That's if you mean the Kitano film. I like his films also.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 11:06 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ms_erupt
Um...Me?

The only foreign film I've ever seen is Battle Royale. Loved it.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 03:13 PM
ms_erupt is currently offline Click here to Send ms_erupt a Private Message Find more posts by ms_erupt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

See more.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 03:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ms_erupt
Um...Me?

Okay?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 03:23 PM
ms_erupt is currently offline Click here to Send ms_erupt a Private Message Find more posts by ms_erupt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have you seen the sequel to Battle Royale?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 10:15 PM
ms_erupt
Um...Me?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Have you seen the sequel to Battle Royale?

No. I've heard that Shuya's character is very different than he was in the first. Is this true?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 09:56 AM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

I like

City Of God
The Snake in The Eagles Shadow
The Drunken Master
Vampire Hunter D
and that Bruce Lee movie where he wears yellow

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:46 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Oh.And how can i forget Kung Pow and Crouching Tiger And Hidden Dragon

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:50 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

His character is different yes, watch it and find out smile

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:19 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Which guy.The guy with the pony tail

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 11:18 PM
Fanboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT8ikWUcxQU

What does anyone think of this movie?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 12:48 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

I love pretty much all of Ryuhei Kitamura's movies. SKY HIGH and VERSUS (the Ultimate version is excellent) are my favorites.....

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 11:56 AM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

That Purple Butterfly film was definitely not great. Bright Future though is excellent.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:05 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

"Foreign films?" No; no more than I'm into "American films" as a class. But there are foreign films I like...Seventh Seal, Pan's Labyrinth, City of Lost Children....there are a number of martial arts films that I like, but I have trouble thinking of them as "foreign," even though they are.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 08:29 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

I love Bollywood movies -anything with Aamir Khan is good, but The Rising: The Ballad of Mangal Pandey and Lagaan: Once Upon A Time In India are incredible!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 02:08 AM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbucket
Oddball Odd

For "Viridiana" and "Yi Yi" I give thanks

La Paila de Muerte has spoken

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 11:53 PM
deathbucket is currently offline Click here to Send deathbucket a Private Message Find more posts by deathbucket Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I love foreign films.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 04:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote