KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Carver: a real threat?

Carver: a real threat?
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

well, Dr No had a lot of other guys to help him out and got quite easily killed by Bond too

Old Post May 4th, 2004 06:22 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Elliott Carver was used to illustrate the far-reaching implications of the mass media and the influence of TV as an instrument of destruction. It plays to the idea that Big Brother is everything and George Orwell who wrote 1984 is right. And yes, the threat is quite real.

Sorry for my late reply.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 06:19 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's still appreciated big grin

hmm, big brother as in being watched all the time?

Old Post May 5th, 2004 06:56 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Yes, and aren't we? Sats., GPS, internet connection, closed circuit, our finances on the net...

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:27 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I ment, TND-wise messed

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:28 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

You mean a global sat system like that of Carver's? Yes.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:35 PM
yerssot

that ...slipped my mind I guess messed

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:39 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

There was a lengthly description in the TMD before it was cut out that told how Carver positioned himself globally, describing his sat system in detail and thus like a necklace of diamonds snug around a woman's neck. This is seen in the theme title depicted when the diamonds surround the woman's neck like sats around the world. But of course the theme title was created before the description was taken out due to time restraints. Interesting, eh?

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:44 PM
yerssot

hmmm, next time I have to watch the theme title instead of doing something else

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:53 PM