KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Who can the Spectre Beat (in the marvel Universe)?

Who can the Spectre Beat (in the marvel Universe)?
Started by: JWangSDC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JWangSDC

Who can the Spectre Beat (in the marvel Universe)?

LT?
a Celestial?
Galactus?

What level do you guys think he's on?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 07:05 AM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

In the crossover, it said that Spectre and LT are "peers". I doubt that.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 07:15 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

why does everybody doubt that? i know its bcuz LT is listed with more respnsiblites. why, he has to govern the entire multiverse after all and manitain balance and order and make sure there isnt too much good or too much evil or magic or cosmic force, while Spectre just beats down anybody god tells him to, or who he feels has done wrong. and with LT even the abstracts and beyonder are beneath him in power level(braces self for the back lash from beyonder fanboys)

but has anyone ever thought for one minute that if the writers didnt feel like they were peers they wouldnt make them the representattives for thier respective universes in the first place?...... just something to think about. besides with regards to the crossover the only thing that was grossly inaccurate was superman knocking out juggy with one SINGLE punch, and wolverine beating LOBO, but everything was pretty accurate IMO. in fact if you check the ratio the only reason everyone is claiming not to like it is becuase Superman beat the B1tch outta hulk, and fanboys dont believe that the hulk can lose to anybidy for whatever reason.

Whew, had to stop myself there for a minute. I remember sometime last year i wrote a couple of lenghty essays in a few threads about beyonder lt and Spectre respectively, i guess it just got old blood boiling.

but to the question at hand, Spectre beats every single person or entity in th MU thats below LT. everyone of them.....even the beyonder(yeah i said it)

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Last edited by manjaro on Mar 9th, 2005 at 09:27 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 09:23 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

How long has.. Hal is it? How long has he been Spectre?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:01 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

I agree about the crossover...everything in it seemed accurate besides the Wolverine/Lobo deal. And superman didn't beat the *** out of any hulk. He defeat a non-savage hulk, but not easily. So that was quite accurate...this isn't to say that a savage angry hulk wouldnt' be able to deal superman some serious pain.

I donno about LT and Spectre being the same power level though. It' skinda unclear how powerful the Spectre is.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:21 AM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
How long has.. Hal is it? How long has he been Spectre?

about 5-7 years I think. But he's not spectre any more. Spectre left and is needing a new host

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 11:09 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Originally posted by demigawd
In the crossover, it said that Spectre and LT are "peers". I doubt that.

Well, spectre at full potential is kind of equivilent to LT, although slightly less powerful.
I dont think there is anyone else in Marve Besides LT and TOAA that would stand a snowballs chance in hell against spectre.

Spectre has rebelled agaisnt god at least 5 times, and each time, michael handed his asss to him, so the top DC charachters asre WAY above the top marvel ones

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 11:11 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

The spectre is just Presence's slave , he grants him power to do curtain task.

his no where near LT's level , but if Presence needed him to do a task that is qual to Lt then he will be his equal.

From what i heard Spectre couldn't even do jack shit to a common criminal , because his presence slave.

while LT has all the power he needs.

Spectre full powered by Prence will be equal to LT other than that his not that big of a deal.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 05:25 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

Best explanation I've heard. I think that answers my question.

These boards sometimes make me think comics are written really terribly. But responses like this remind me that, though some outliers are terrible, most comics are somewhat logical. There's just a lot of idiot posters who think Batman can beat Wolverine in a fist fight. A

Originally posted by kgkg
The spectre is just Presence's slave , he grants him power to do curtain task.

his no where near LT's level , but if Presence needed him to do a task that is qual to Lt then he will be his equal.

From what i heard Spectre couldn't even do jack shit to a common criminal , because his presence slave.

while LT has all the power he needs.

Spectre full powered by Prence will be equal to LT other than that his not that big of a deal.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 05:59 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Another crap thing in MARVEL VS DC was Superboy losing to Spider-Man.He goes fist to fist with Valor, a Daxamite, and cannot beat down Spider-Man?Crap writing

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 06:04 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yeah, that was in the "Identity Crisis" storyline, kgkg. Spectre couldn't stop a murder because that wasn't his task assigned by the Presence, even though he knew who did it, when and where it would occur, etc., before hand and could have stopped it outright easily. If the Presence commissioned Spectre to kill anyone up to LT, he could do it easily because that's his purpose (though the Phoenix Force may be a task for him because she can be reborn after being 'killed' due to being the embodiment of life, so maybe if he absorbed her he could do it. So long as anything lives Phoenix exists).

The weird thing about the DC power hierarchy now is that since The Presence killed himself, well, better yet, he was killed by the Saint of Killers aka Angel of Death [which makes no sense because God, even not fully powered, should be beyond death because he is the progenitor of the concept], so now Spectre should no longer be able to attain full power because the Presence can no longer empower him to his extremes, and really, since their is no longer a God's wrath for the Spectre to embody (because there is no God in DC) Spectre should be a jabroni now.

As for LT, his weakness is that his 3 minds have to be in agreement to act on anything. He doesn't just jump into combat, he's not even a hero, that's not his purpose. LT simply keeps EVERYTHING under God in balance. Death and destruction is part of the balance. Millions may die unjustly because of a supervillain and LT doesn't act, but on the flipside, when you have superheroes flying around saving millions of people that would normally have died without their interference, it balances out. It's only when someone starts wiping out entire galaxies or threatening the 50:50 life/death ratio, or threatens to destroy a universe in the Marvel Multiverse that LT usually steps in. So long as things are functioning within their purpose, LT stays out of it (for example, the Time Twisters). Now, on the occasion where Thanos merged with the power of GOD, the HOTU, he essentially became LT's boss. Why LT didn't see that coming and stop Thanos before hand makes no sense to me (could be a hollow plot device, could be that LT can't judge preemptively).

I really don't know, but for all intents and purposes, LT is the judge, jury, caretaker, and if necessary, executioner of everything under God, and is empowered within himself, independently, to carry out his tasks to keep order.

Spectre is the embodiment of God's Wrath/Anger/Vengence/Retribution, and is bound by the will of the Presence to act. He can't just go slaying everyone under God unless God (The Presence) willed him to do so. But in that lies another question:

Could The Presence have Spectre kill someone like Lucifer or Michael in DC?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 06:26 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by K3VIL
Another crap thing in MARVEL VS DC was Superboy losing to Spider-Man.He goes fist to fist with Valor, a Daxamite, and cannot beat down Spider-Man?Crap writing

i disagree, Superboy, though more powerful than Spider-man, was very inexperienced at the time they fought

as for Spectre......... well he could beat almost everyone under LT, there are other beings who would be tough for him, like the Infinites

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 06:31 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

Thanos: The End was stupid. They just waned to have it be more serious than the IG and Cube so they had LT fall at Thanos' feet as well.

Originally posted by illadelph12
Yeah, that was in the "Identity Crisis" storyline, kgkg. Spectre couldn't stop a murder because that wasn't his task assigned by the Presence, even though he knew who did it, when and where it would occur, etc., before hand and could have stopped it outright easily. If the Presence commissioned Spectre to kill anyone up to LT, he could do it easily because that's his purpose (though the Phoenix Force may be a task for him because she can be reborn after being 'killed' due to being the embodiment of life, so maybe if he absorbed her he could do it. So long as anything lives Phoenix exists).

The weird thing about the DC power hierarchy now is that since The Presence killed himself, well, better yet, he was killed by the Saint of Killers aka Angel of Death [which makes no sense because God, even not fully powered, should be beyond death because he is the progenitor of the concept], so now Spectre should no longer be able to attain full power because the Presence can no longer empower him to his extremes, and really, since their is no longer a God's wrath for the Spectre to embody (because there is no God in DC) Spectre should be a jabroni now.

As for LT, his weakness is that his 3 minds have to be in agreement to act on anything. He doesn't just jump into combat, he's not even a hero, that's not his purpose. LT simply keeps EVERYTHING under God in balance. Death and destruction is part of the balance. Millions may die unjustly because of a supervillain and LT doesn't act, but on the flipside, when you have superheroes flying around saving millions of people that would normally have died without their interference, it balances out. It's only when someone starts wiping out entire galaxies or threatening the 50:50 life/death ratio, or threatens to destroy a universe in the Marvel Multiverse that LT usually steps in. So long as things are functioning within their purpose, LT stays out of it (for example, the Time Twisters). Now, on the occasion where Thanos merged with the power of GOD, the HOTU, he essentially became LT's boss. Why LT didn't see that coming and stop Thanos before hand makes no sense to me (could be a hollow plot device, could be that LT can't judge preemptively).

I really don't know, but for all intents and purposes, LT is the judge, jury, caretaker, and if necessary, executioner of everything under God, and is empowered within himself, independently, to carry out his tasks to keep order.

Spectre is the embodiment of God's Wrath/Anger/Vengence/Retribution, and is bound by the will of the Presence to act. He can't just go slaying everyone under God unless God (The Presence) willed him to do so. But in that lies another question:

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 06:31 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

"Thanos: The End was stupid. They just waned to have it be more serious than the IG and Cube so they had LT fall at Thanos' feet as well."

couldn't have said it better myself.

ya The HOUTO just made him GOd.

wan't he almost GOd with IG , he capture all the cosmic entity the true purpose of HOTU was to beat LT. It made im External and Beyond any any force in MU , with IG , only LT had the power to stop him.

i agree with the illadelph12

well doesn't God have the Power to do anything??
well that's how GOd should be anyway.

i whould think so , Spectre has all of Presence's powers if the Presence wants him to have.

And presence is Above all yes even above Lucifer or Michael

if his not then the system is really messed up.

And how the f*uck does GOd causes it's own Demise that was retarted.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 07:04 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Wonder Woman loosing to Storm..that can't be accurate.

Also Quicksilver keeping up with teh speed of the Flash? Or was Flash just going slow?

Captain Marvel loosing by having a Ferris Wheel dropped on him, and turning back into Billy? Couldn't he pick it up if he can beat Superman?

But that's way off topic..

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 07:41 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Sometimes it's funny we know more about the Charecters and their powers, what right and wrong then the Writers themselves.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 03:05 AM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

i kinda find it hard to believe that The Saint of Killers really did kill the The Presence seeing that The Spectre and everything else in the DC Universe is still standing and alive. also in rebirth The Spectre says that his Lord is calling to him and he must leave NOW. so what does that mean?? The Presence is alive and well like he will alway be and forever.

The Word

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 10:58 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gautam

which comic is it where Saint Of Killers kills The Presence.....

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 09:59 PM
gautam is currently offline Click here to Send gautam a Private Message Find more posts by gautam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Depends on what power level Spectre we're talking about. Your avaerage spectre could probably take out everyone but cosmically powered beings. The full power spectre is the same status as marvels LT although im not sure if his power level/abilities are equal thats debatable.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 10:05 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Tongue

The Saint supposedly killed God in the Preacher comic book which is not in DC Continuity, which means it seperates Vertigo/DC Universe from the Preachers, in the Vergito/DC Universe, God/The Presence is suppose to be over All of ther comic books which puts him over the preachers god.

The Word

Last edited by kevdude on Mar 22nd, 2005 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 05:46 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote