KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why do we still speak with our dead relatives?

Why do we still speak with our dead relatives?
Started by: Reborn Again

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

As the subject says, Why do we still speak with our dead relatives? Are they listening to us? Do we honestly believe they are in a better place and free of harm? If remembering them hurts us, Why do we punish ourselves by remembering them? Why is it so hard to forget, if you want to forget? Are they with us in spirit? Can they interact with us on another plain of existence that we can not see or touch?

I brought this subject up because I recently lost my pet dog. Her name was Dakota. It's almost been a year, and I still miss her greatly. Every time I see her picture, I talk to her. Some may call it silly, but it helps me deal with the loss. Does anyone else do this?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 02:55 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I loved my dog, Buttercup, she was a Saint Bernard. We had her for 10 years, and I loved her. We moved a lot, so she was my best friend. We even slept together. It did get crowded. Now I have her picture on my wall, and I talk to her. I also lost my grandma a few years ago. She was more like a mom than a grandma, cause I came from a split family and my step-mom didn't like me. I joke around about her. I know she wouldn't get mad, especially some of the jokes I make, like "grandmas not lookin to good right now." I don't know if they can see us or hear us. I hope so. I ask God to tell hi for me. I still feel she's with me. I wear her some of her stuff, like jewelery, and even granny Jammie's, lol.
I don't think there's time where she is...and I think she is probably aware of what I'm doing. I'm confident I'll see her again.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 03:11 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I dont

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 07:14 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

i dont speak with them...only when i get to visit them in the cemetary

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 04:47 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
i dont speak with them...only when i get to visit them in the cemetary
I second that,.............I just thend to get a stare at the tomb though.......I really miss my parents

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 11:50 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Were your parents in an accident?

My sister was murdered...hard to believe she's gone too.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 02:16 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

She was young, wasn't she? I hope whoever killed her gets the death penalty.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 04:01 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

She was 16 and no they never did find out who they were. But thanks.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 04:52 AM
finti

quote:
Were your parents in an accident?
no they both died of cancer

quote:
oh ,Im sorry...................... sad

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:56 AM
Bardock42

I don't What the f**k?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 12:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote