KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Is Owen a Jedi?

Is Owen a Jedi?
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

Re: is owen a jedi?

Nope...If Owen's a jedi then I'm getting naked...Man..I hope noone from LFL ever checks this out laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 12:37 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hey, you can post THAT up as your picture, it's worth the wait laughing out loud

Owen=Jedi? Yes I think he will, but he will fail to complete his training after a showdown with Yoda over the Clone Wars. He will disagree saying that the Jedi should not be involved and leave under a cloud.

Yoda and OB1 will go to him for help in EpIII to safegaurd Luke thinking that Anakin would not suspect Owen due to his hatred of the Jedi decision.

Now, I'll just pop that in the post to GL and he can go re-shoot half of his film!!!!!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Like it was said earliar if Owen was a Jedi how could he not defend his wife and himself against a couple of stormtroopers? I do however think it would be an interesting twist, but I think he will he Obi-Wan's brother, who disagrees with Ben/Obi on his role as a Jedi, hence the "crazy old wizard" I think he is given Luke because Ben knows Vader would not suspect it, and so he can keep an eye on Luke, while he knows his friend Bail will do a good job with Leia. But who knows?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 08:09 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

"He's no Jedi!"

I think he's a FAILED Jedi. A jedi needs to meditate and practise throughout his or her life to amintain their skills.

If Owen left the order 20 years before, without even completing his training then the chances are he'd have little or no skill left by the time of ANH.

Try This:

Yoda: If you leave now, wasted you training will have been.
Owen: I can not stay, this is not the life for me.
Mace: Then you can never rely on your jedi skills again, they will fade and you will be like any other man.

FADE OUT

HEY GL, GIVE ME A JOB!!!!!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

You've got a job already...and GL wouldn't give you a car.

I'm not going to streak if he's just some half *** jedi hopeful...I really don't see Owen as the jedi type... and what's wrong with him just being a nice little farmer? I guess boys just want their fortune and glory...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Lucas said that we will see Owen in his PRIME. I don't think he means his prime as a farmer. When I read that I thought Owen would either be a Jedi or a great Warrior.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 01:23 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

He could be a cool butt kicking farmer...You don't want to mess with farm boys you know...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:11 AM
theEvilJedi

I'm sure UBH knows that best.laughing out loud

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:13 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

laughing out loud yeah, too bad he's not around. I'm sure he'd have something to add to this little discussion.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:21 AM
theEvilJedi

Yeah too bad he and Xiz are not here.Just annoying Kj.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:23 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

What do you mean? I want them to come back too as they need to sort out some stuff, but this is for another forum. I hope Owen isn't just a farmer because when he tells Anakin not to get involved, why should Anakin listen? Anakin is a great Jedi so I don't think he would even discuss it with Owen who is just a farmer. No offence UBH.smile

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 08:58 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I would guess that Anakin get's Owen involved in alot of stuff that he's just as soon would leave alone...I can see Anakin dragging Owen on some idealistic crusade...Anyway, being a farmer doesn't mean that you can't be a great fighter...I think Owen would be very willing and able to protect the people he loves.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 09:51 PM
Xantos Clone

is owen a jedi

Actally, if anyone reads the 'jedi apprentice' series, you will see that most jedi in training at the temple (up to the age of 12) either pass or fail by being selected by a jedi master to become a padawan learner...if they are not selected, the are sent to spice farms or moister farms just so they have jobs and a life anyway. Now some of these farmers are still skilled, but rusty and not even close to a jedi....

still makes a bad*** farmer though....

"traveling through space aint'like dusting crops boy!"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 10:17 PM
Dim
Creativity

Re: is owen a jedi

Did you just make that farm part up or is that really in there???? weird...I was never scared of farmers until now.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 10:35 PM
theEvilJedi

I heard something following those lines about he Jedi Apprentice books.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 12:27 AM
Dim
Creativity

hmmmmmmmm...maybe that's what did happen to Owen...weird.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 01:13 AM
theEvilJedi

Maybe.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 01:16 AM
Xantos Clone

is owen a jedi

Dim, you should check the novels (more like short stories really..)

the jedi are in a temple run by yoda. they start as early as 6 months under yoda(this also explains why obi wan mentions that yoda instucted him)

they train until 12 years of age then are hand picked by jedi master to become padawans. qui gon did not want to pick obi wan...it happend as the 'will of the force'...obi wan was sent to be a farmer actually and he and qui gon kept crossing each other's path over and over again until qui gon got that feeling (hmmmm...it's meant to be dude...)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 11:02 AM
Dim
Creativity

Hmmmmmmm, interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes out for those.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 01:20 PM
Xantos Clone

is owen a jedi?

maybe that little kid in the spy pic is owen as a padawan...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 11:16 AM