KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bishop vs Doom

Bishop vs Doom
Started by: Khellendros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

so his skin can absorb these attacks....... what about his eyes? Doom could poke him in the eyes and run away......... then, when Bishop can't see him, use a long range sniper rifle

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:23 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Uhh... I think that when the energy touches him, he absorbs it. When he absorbed Onslaught's blast, his eyes were open, and they didn't get burned out, or anything. So, I guess his eyes can absorb energy too.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:28 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Phew, and I am back. And I had a good time... ahem...

Yeah...

Anyways, his entire body can absorb energy cosmic, not just one part of it.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:39 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

That is what I assumed.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:44 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Alpha, Bishop could absorb the energy of the bullet as soon as it touches his skin. Yes, even if the skin is on his head.

You said yourself, if he is caught unaware it won't work. If he could literally absorb anything and everything thrown at him he'd be ranked alot higher.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:51 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

True, he can't. He can absorb any type of energy, but not if he doesn't know it's coming. Many of his enemies have used this to their advantage. Once, Juggernaut snuck in and landed a punch on him, knocking him out. How Juggernaut can sneak is beyond me.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Mar 13th, 2005 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:52 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Lol. laughing out loud

But what about Doom's magic? And can he absorb the kinetic energy of strangling?

Cause if you say that Bishop can beat Doom, we are going too far in this pro-Xmen stuff. smile

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:37 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like I said, it went too far with Rogue Vs Hulk.

It's just gone downhill from there.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:44 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:46 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

so can bishop stand in the middle of a fire and not be harmed? what about a nuclear explosion? ......... bloody x-upgrades

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:47 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

He can absorb telepathic energy too so mind assaults don't work on him.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:48 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

why would u assume Doom would blast someone who absorbs kinetic energy...with energy blasts? that would be stupid and not in his nature...he would probably either turn off Bishop's powers, or infect him with a techno organic virus...or suck all the life force out of his body or something...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:51 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wynndar
why would u assume Doom would blast someone who absorbs kinetic energy...with energy blasts? that would be stupid and not in his nature...he would probably either turn off Bishop's powers, or infect him with a techno organic virus...or suck all the life force out of his body or something...

Yeah, that was a stip I added in the first post. No turning off his powers. Doom has to find another way to beat him. I dunno, I think the jury is out on magic, as far as I know. It IS energy, but... shrug. It seems to be a fifty fifty thing. Does Doom actually do that? Suck the life force out of his opponents? The ones who aren't cosmic levelled, I mean. Anyways, Doom can try strangling or beating Bish up, but it's not going to be easy. Like I said, Bishop knowns tactics for countering almost any super power, super strength included, and he's a damn good fighter.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 09:57 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

what could bishop do to doom?
ive never heard bishop being able to absorb any kentetic energy....hmm...i do remember him being totally drained and sitting in the rain absorbing each drops power to power up ...ehh makes sense id guess.
doom can stop time right? a time stopped bishop cant expect much of anything.
a well place foot to the yarbles is all thats needed.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 01:36 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

DOOM

Bishop is DOOMed

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 01:43 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

clever.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:01 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Can't Doom switch bodies with people. Why can't he just activate a self-destruct mode in his armour, do a quick switch and watch evily as Bishop's new bod goes up in a blaze of glory...well a blaze a least.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:12 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

or have a doom bot handle his easy work. or inhabit bishops body and play a game of "why are you hitting yourself huh?? stop hitting yourself!"

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:20 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Yeah! sounds like Doom alright.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 02:22 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I don't buy this. It's almost as dubious as Doomsday's alleged power.

If he can block anything he's expecting: why not just expect everything all the time? How do we define expecting? Physically anticipating the specific attack? What about a machine gun? Surely he isn't anticipating each bullet, so he's just generally anticipating the attack: again, why not always anticipate everything?

Another case of X-Men upgrading going past the point of credulity I feel.

Unless anyone has a proper explanation of how the power functions.

Last edited by Victor Von Doom on Mar 14th, 2005 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:07 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote