KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bishop vs Doom

Bishop vs Doom
Started by: Khellendros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vegetto
Public Servant

Ehrm... I guess absorbing kinetic energy is a new thing for Bishop because I can't remember him ever doing that way back when. Also I would need proof that he can absorb telepathic energy... just doesn't seem to make sense to me. As for the thing where he has to be "ready" to absorb things... I know I read in a comic a long time ago that he was telling the other X-men that his power doesn't have an off switch, so I can't see how that would affect him. Everyone was being held immobile (and haveing their powers blocked) by either Magneto's powers, or someone else's telekinetic power, or something like that. I'm too lazy to do the research if its that far back. Whatever power it was that was holding them was still feeding him, so he faked not being able to move until he gathered enough power to use against whoever it was.

The way they keep amping up everyone's powers is annoying though.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 09:40 PM
Vegetto is currently offline Click here to Send Vegetto a Private Message Find more posts by Vegetto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

it was Magneto holding him and the others in place....... he wasn't faking the not moving thing though, he couldn't break free at first not until he had absorbed a ton of energy........ which still doesn't make sense as he doesn't become physically powerful when charged (as far as i'm aware)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 09:49 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Bishop has 0, ZERO, chance of dealing any damage to Doom. Big D will simply look at him, whip out the 'ole netgun and net him. From there he will step on his skull and crush it.

Yes, or Bishop could simply blast through the net before it hits him.

Originally posted by Scoobless
couldn't doom just grab him, fly him into the sea and drown him?....... or something aalong thos lines........ smothering him perhaps?

He could, except Bishop would never let Doom pick him up.

Originally posted by Vegetto
Ehrm... I guess absorbing kinetic energy is a new thing for Bishop because I can't remember him ever doing that way back when. Also I would need proof that he can absorb telepathic energy... just doesn't seem to make sense to me. As for the thing where he has to be "ready" to absorb things... I know I read in a comic a long time ago that he was telling the other X-men that his power doesn't have an off switch, so I can't see how that would affect him. Everyone was being held immobile (and haveing their powers blocked) by either Magneto's powers, or someone else's telekinetic power, or something like that. I'm too lazy to do the research if its that far back. Whatever power it was that was holding them was still feeding him, so he faked not being able to move until he gathered enough power to use against whoever it was.

The way they keep amping up everyone's powers is annoying though.

The kinetic energy is pretty new. I guess it took this long for someone to say "hey, the guy absorbs energy, why can't he absorbs KINETIC energy too?". He doesn't absorb telepathic energy. He is resistant to telepathic attacks and control. It was a part of his training. I don't know about the being ready, because it seems like there are more example of him getting caught off guard and hurt than there of his power always being on.

Originally posted by Scoobless
it was Magneto holding him and the others in place....... he wasn't faking the not moving thing though, he couldn't break free at first not until he had absorbed a ton of energy........ which still doesn't make sense as he doesn't become physically powerful when charged (as far as i'm aware)

Maybe he didn't in that comic, but he can and does use his stored energy to make himself stronger and give himself better endurance.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 02:12 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Let me post this again:

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Bishop was one time losing to Sabretooth because he didn't had any energy left. She-Devil saved him though.

Bishop seemingly can't absorb hits from sharp things. So Doom could just stab him.

Or be crafty and pretend to surrender. Then when Bishop calms down, blast him.

(please log in to view the image)

How the hell is Bishop going to hurt Doom? You haven't answered to that. Doom can just rip his arms away with his superior stranght.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:05 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

During Fatal Attractions, Magneto ambushed four or five X-teams during a funeral and held them all in stasis with his power while giving them a stern lecture. Bishop was immobilized like everyone else, but he naturally absorbs energy around him. Eventually, Magneto was emitting so much energy that Bishop couldn't hold anymore. So like a child who overeats, or someone who consumes too much alcohol...he threw it up, right back at Magneto.

What a lot of people here are missing is the fact that even though Bishop can absorb energy, he can still be hurt by it. He's never shown the ability to absorb physical attacks without damage either (but I have full faith that he's a better H2H combatant than Doom anyway). He hasn't shown the ability to absorb telepathic energy, but he has pretty good natural resistence to it (not to be confused with immunity). The effect of magic on him is unknown, but Doom doesn't do magic without special equipment anyway, so let's throw that out.

So what I'm trying to say is that a Doom blast of sufficient concussive force would still knock Bishop out (like in the above scan). It's just that when he wakes up, he'd be more powerful. But he'd still be knocked out.

In the end, it would turn into a game of "Doom shoots Bishop, Bishop redirects Doom's energy at Doom's forcefield". IF Bishop can stay conscious long enough to keep it going, then it becomes a "Doom's blast vs. Doom's shield" contest (IMO Doom's shield wins). I don't know if Bishop can stay conscious long enough to determine that, however.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 09:39 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

plus Doom's armour could be rigged to absorb energy like Iron Man's does as well

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 03:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote