KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Edward Gorey

Edward Gorey
Started by: Kaleanae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaleanae

Edward Gorey

Edward Gorey ~1925-2000~

I really like his illustration and his books
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:47 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:48 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:49 PM
Kaleanae

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:50 PM
Kaleanae

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:55 PM
Kaleanae

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:57 PM
Kaleanae

big grin

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:57 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Hey that's some great work!!! Tell us more Kaleanae! big grin

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Ok big grin

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:39 PM
Kaleanae

Edward Gorey (February 25, 1925 - April 15, 2000)
He was an American artist who liked to dra macabre art works in ballpoint pen. big grin
His drawing became well known through his animated introduction to the PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) series Mystery, and his scenic design for the 1977 Broadway production of Dracula.
He wrote more than 100 books and he loved cats stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:42 PM
Kaleanae

This is one of his books, well actually, has some of his best works in it. Is great, and funny.
(please log in to view the image) ~See, he drew some cats in each letter~ stick out tongue
You can find some of his books in the Humor section in Barnes and Nobles

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:44 PM
Kaleanae

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:45 PM
Kaleanae

AMPHIGOREY, A Musicale

Attachment: amphigoreyperrystreetthshowbillprogcover.gif
This has been downloaded 101 time(s).

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:48 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleanae
Edward Gorey (February 25, 1925 - April 15, 2000)
He was an American artist who liked to dra macabre art works in ballpoint pen. big grin
His drawing became well known through his animated introduction to the PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) series Mystery, and his scenic design for the 1977 Broadway production of Dracula.
He wrote more than 100 books and he loved cats stick out tongue

eek!

I remenber the Mystery series on PBS!!! I love the introductions to the shows. I didn't know it was Edward Gorey cartoons! Great feedback yes

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
eek!

I remenber the Mystery series on PBS!!! I love the introductions to the shows. I didn't know it was Edward Gorey cartoons! Great feedback yes
I still watch them eek!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:52 PM
Dregh

Those images are.......dark.

But nice drawings

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:35 PM
Dregh is currently offline Click here to Send Dregh a Private Message Find more posts by Dregh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

big grin I've heard of him before.. I think it was when I bought Tim Burton's The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & other stories and Amazon referred me to it.. thumb upsmilegood book

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:42 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:45 PM
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by burlyman
big grin I've heard of him before.. I think it was when I bought Tim Burton's The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & other stories and Amazon referred me to it.. thumb upsmilegood book

I love that book

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:46 PM
Kaleanae

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 02:19 AM