KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was the ending to KotOR 2 worth the buy?

Was the ending to KotOR 2 worth the buy?
Started by: ArthasKnight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Was the ending to KotOR 2 worth the buy?

Ok, I've played through both endings (light/dark) twice and I am seriously disappointed by the endings.

Light side: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: You kill Darth Traya and you fly away on a suddenly not-so-destroyed Ebon Hawk and fly away from an imploding Malachor V. Mira supposedly did something useful and so did the remote but we never see/hear from them again.

Dark side: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: You kill Darth Traya....and that's it. The camera zooms away from the Trayus Academy and away from Malachor V. Again, the remote had some part to play but we never see it again.

The remainder of the game is awesome. I loved the civil war on Onderon, the mercenaries vs Khoonda on Dantooine, but I really hated Nar Shaddaa especially Go-To's yacht.

Anyway, who else thinks the ending is crap? It so did not live up to its predecessor.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 04:29 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I really hate the ending (have only played the Light Side one) but the Dark side does not seem any more promising. The first one had a really great ending, and I was expecting one from the sequel. But it just didn't deliver.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 04:32 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I agree. It was clearly rushed. And I felt the game could have gone on longer. I mean, there's a level cap at 50, and you have all these characters to train and make knights... what's the point of the whole last planet?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Let us hope they will make a huge patch which will include all the cutted material, like the full ending and all the half done side quests.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Or just a patch that is a whole nother game to add onto this one.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

the ending was blah but the rest of the game was worth it so overall....i;'d still buy it if I did it again

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

What ending? They just took off to... where?
Dunno.

I think that they are going to milk the cow once more with KOTOR 3 "Far From the Galaxy" or something...

edit: And to rant a little more, I never cared too much about my party members when compared to KOTOR1.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Yes, the ending was way too rushed. Like, they hide everything during the course of the game and then divulge it all right at the end on one planet. It doesn't even give you time to figure it out, I had to play through a second time to even understand what they were all babbling about.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 08:28 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

sesse...did you take the time to convert them to jedi??? have all the conversations??? that made them more interesting

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Still, I kinda see his point. Once you'd been to the four measly planets, and trained them as Jedi, they weren't of much use other than as fodder in battle. Character development needed to be moreso.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 05:35 AM
Morridini
Morridini

It wouldn't be too hard to get the original ending back. The data is still on the CD. Look at what I found in one of the folders for KotoR II: http://rapidshare.de/files/820642/attonevil.zip.html apparently this happens if u are a woman and has befriended the Disciple.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 06:02 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Curious. And what is this like?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 01:13 PM
Morridini
Morridini

It's an audio file, of a scene from the original ending to Sith Lords.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 01:46 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Gotcha. Hm. I hope KOTOR III has at least four members in the party this time.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 03:08 PM
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Well... It looks like I gotta go for another ride.

Training them should be interested =)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yes do that.....lots of friends to make

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 08:06 PM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
It's an audio file, of a scene from the original ending to Sith Lords.

That's awesome! Is it still in the game? I haven't played through as a woman so I don't know.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 09:27 PM
Morridini
Morridini

The sound files are in the KotoR2 folders, u can find them by going through all the sound files. But that's a part of the cut ending, so only way to experience it would be that Obsidian comes with a patch to merge those files into the game again.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 05:13 AM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

I hope that happens, it would certainly make we want to actually beat the game and not just play up until Malachor V.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 10:36 PM
Julie
The Student

uh isn't Malachor V the end....wish the game were longer:-)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 08:30 PM