KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman is the worst character EVER.

Superman is the worst character EVER.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman is the worst character EVER.

No personality + way too many super powers + horrid writing + silly powers i.e speed reading + he has only two weaknesses + stupid alter ego = a horrible character.
Superman comics should be discontinued...i wouldnt wipe my ass with his comics.
give me one reason why Superman is an interesting character?
The guy is worthless....
if you read him there is something seriously wrong with you.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 11:34 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ignite
Toats My Goats

y wuld u wipe ur ass with a comic
book n e ways...ouch..paper cuts in the
worse places..

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 11:37 AM
Ignite is currently offline Click here to Send Ignite a Private Message Find more posts by Ignite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Supes is the best charachter ever.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 11:51 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

the man is vanilla...still havent heard a reason why he is worth the paper he is printed on.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 12:45 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

superman is cool on smallville but he stinks everywhere else he needs to get a new suit and stop being such a do gooder. he should be more like batman have a meanstreak when the villain steps out of line. He is like jackie chan. You see what he can do, but you just can't take him seriously. He should be like jet li. when its time to fight, jet li brutalizes his opponents(See romeo must die or kiss of the dragon).
Supes cvould be cool,though. He isn't totally hopeless. they just need to give him a new "non sissyfied" custom and a meanstreak or a quick temper. Then he'd be cool like batman.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 04:00 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harnelo
hubba hubba

Sigh...uneducated, ignorant superman bashing. Superman is more than just a comic character with superpowers. He is an pop culture icon, that is more recognizble than any other I'll wager. And now to argue the specifics.
No personality- by this i assume you mean he's no brooder like batman or maniac like wolverine, this "lack" of personality you complain about is in fact his most endearing trait, calm and controlled.
Too many superpowers- cmon really now, thats how he beats the bad guys little boy
Two weakness- personally I think its two too many, see above.
And as for wiping your rear end with the comic book, may i suggest you use your hand so it smell just like the crap coming out of you mouth.
p.s im a sman fanatic so dont take things too personally smile

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 07:16 PM
harnelo is currently offline Click here to Send harnelo a Private Message Find more posts by harnelo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

He does not have "too many powers" as I have stated before almost all other superheroes derive their power from him because he is the original comic book hero. None of the points stated in your first post are facts merely your own opinions. Now Im not saying you have to like him but if you have no respect for him you dont know anything about comic book history and are a pathetic drone mindlessly following the masses in the popular superman bashing.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 07:33 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

If long pig was a sock of me I would be proud yes

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 07:56 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TJEscobar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hegemon875
He does not have "too many powers" as I have stated before almost all other superheroes derive their power from him because he is the original comic book hero. None of the points stated in your first post are facts merely your own opinions. Now Im not saying you have to like him but if you have no respect for him you dont know anything about comic book history and are a pathetic drone mindlessly following the masses in the popular superman bashing.

Hey guys I like Superman as well as the next guy, but he does have an awful lot of powers. Super Strength, speed, can fly and survive in space and all elements. Immune to most energies, and harm, ultra hearing, X-ray vision and probably a few more that I forgot. Basically he is the oober super hero. His only weakness is a green rock. If that is not overpowered then what is? The only other superheroes i can think of that are more oowerful are Phoenix, the gods of Asgard, Silver Surfer, and Captain Marvel.

"Its logic just as long that its nobody in my clique"

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 12:31 AM
TJEscobar is currently offline Click here to Send TJEscobar a Private Message Find more posts by TJEscobar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Originally posted by TJEscobar
Hey guys I like Superman as well as the next guy, but he does have an awful lot of powers. Super Strength, speed, can fly and survive in space and all elements. Immune to most energies, and harm, ultra hearing, X-ray vision and probably a few more that I forgot. Basically he is the oober super hero. His only weakness is a green rock. If that is not overpowered then what is? The only other superheroes i can think of that are more oowerful are Phoenix, the gods of Asgard, Silver Surfer, and Captain Marvel.

so why pick on superman? He is like that cause he was the first, heroes afterword had to have variations of the same powers if they had the same ones they would simply be copies i.e. Captain Marvel whom DC sued for some odd 12 years.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 12:58 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

He's the first and the best.

Always has been. Always will be.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 09:38 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TJEscobar

"Its logic just as long that its nobody in my clique"

Last edited by TJEscobar on Mar 17th, 2005 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:55 PM
TJEscobar is currently offline Click here to Send TJEscobar a Private Message Find more posts by TJEscobar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BootlegBoys420

Too Many Powers?????
LOL!!!!
Thats Funny... Ummm... Have You Read Books Lately?
Ummm.... Every Superman Knock Off Has Supermans Powers... Plus A Little More... Its A Sad Attemp To Make A "Better" Superman... But Itll Never Happen... Supes Isnt Even My Favorite... But You Have To Respect Him... No Superman=No Comics...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 10:25 PM
BootlegBoys420 is currently offline Click here to Send BootlegBoys420 a Private Message Find more posts by BootlegBoys420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

SENTRY IS THE WORST EVER PEROID... (Limitless POWER),(Immortal) come the f%$k ON. If it wasnt for superman comics wouldnot exist bro is and I'm not even a big supes fan

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 07:46 PM
chris_63256 is currently offline Click here to Send chris_63256 a Private Message Find more posts by chris_63256 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wormiesaber

I liked Superman being all powerful. Bring me back the silver age Superman, somebody please.

Making him anything less than Super takes the super out of superman. cool

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 07:40 AM
wormiesaber is currently offline Click here to Send wormiesaber a Private Message Find more posts by wormiesaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
liam k
i will not die

Superman is the best and you are just a loser long pig!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 03:05 PM
liam k is currently offline Click here to Send liam k a Private Message Find more posts by liam k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Superman is the worst character EVER.

Originally posted by long pig
No personality + way too many super powers + horrid writing + silly powers i.e speed reading + he has only two weaknesses + stupid alter ego = a horrible character.
Superman comics should be discontinued...i wouldnt wipe my ass with his comics.
give me one reason why Superman is an interesting character?
The guy is worthless....
if you read him there is something seriously wrong with you.

I don't see your point whatsoever. And if those are your only reasons for saying Superman is the worst character then I'm sorry. But you're arguments are weak and poorly thought.

You obviously don't know cracker jacks about Superman. If you had any real knowledge about the man of steel you would know that he has NO large ego. Superman always tries to talk things over before engaging in a battle. He is diplomatic and is not a bully! He doesn't use his powers to abuse or do harm to anyone. He never asks for gratification or recognition. Superman is one of the most decent coolest Superhero EVER!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 05:05 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by liam k
Superman is the best and you are just a loser long pig!

Yeah well said.I dont think superman is the best comicbook character.I love his movies,they are the best comicbook movies ever made-no contest, I dont really get into his comics and find them boring myself but I dont go on to a superman forum and tell people that there is something wrong with them if they enjoy reading his comicbooks.To the original poster of this thread,just because YOU find his comics stupid does not mean people who read them have something seriously wrong with them.How old are you anyways? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 05:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

i must say i never liked him, and for now a days he sucks,
but u have to get into a historian eyes and look when he was conceived

its was the 40s, world war 2, and the GI Joes needed a motivation to fight, and the inspiring person was super, see at his uniform, what more motivating then a hero using ur homeland flag? (although his underwear are showing)...... he is the ideal of an american soldier for the war, kind, bold, undestrutable, and etc....... that how u must see it,

but i agree even knowing that supes suck,only he Tas was reasonable cool.

and he is not undestructible his villains are stupid, if u can kill him with any weapon use gas, or drown him, i wanna see his lungs survive to that! big grin

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 12:21 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

he is the first and best, and always will be.
It's like saying that hulk hogan is the worst wwe charachter ever.
No superman = no comics

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:34 AM