KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman is the worst character EVER.

Superman is the worst character EVER.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spiderman_RJ

no superman no comics my ass.
if there wasnt a dick trace, phantasm or ghost (dunno the english name), or flash gordon and even mandrake, then there would not be a comics,
and for you my friend one tip, there will always be spiderman and batman.....

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 12:57 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I used to dislike Superman, but now I am starting to warm to him.

His character has been re-written and now more in balance, yet he still remains powerful, that's how I like it.

Now, the only things I don't like about Superman are his "silly" superpowers. Things such as laser vision and ice breath, it's stupid.

If he had just X-Ray or Night Vision and maybe say just breath that creates a gale, then sure, but laser vision is silly on a character like Supes. X-Ray and Night Vision are Super-MAN things you would expect a Super-MAN to have so they are OK, but laser vision ain't one of em.

Supermans costume, is iconic, I don't it needs any changes at all - except maybe lose the underpants, darken the tones and get rid of the yellow.

His character, hrm yeah, comparred to Spider-Man and Batman he's pretty boring, but he's more interesting than most superheroes out there.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 01:07 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i'm not a fan but i dont know about worst charactor EVER....thats stretching it

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:16 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KPrince
I Just Can't Win.

Superman is not the worst character ever. When you look at the culture of superheroes, a character like Superman is a necessity. We humanbeings need to feel that there is someone who will do right everytime, and has the power to accomplish it, hence Superman. I am a fan of Superheroes, no matter who or what they are. Superman's personality is the perfect foil for any and all superheroes to be compared to. He is also the perfect referance for any creator of superheroes to start from.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 04:40 AM
KPrince is currently offline Click here to Send KPrince a Private Message Find more posts by KPrince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Superman is an Icon. He is the original archetypal Superhero - from whom all Supers have descended.

And as for him being overpowered.... have you seen how many Marvel characters there are out there who can do completely lunatic things? Galactus, Surfer, Thanos, Odin, etc etc - all of whom make Supes look like a little child. How can you say that Supes is overpowered lol?

Besides which, I actually PREFERRED the old pre-crisis Supes. The idea of Superman is that he is the living embodiment of truth justice and goodness! I love to see the bad-guys shocked and terrified by h is invulnerability and to see cosmic beings flee when he throws planets at them like baseballs. Sadly he's not like that anymore.

Supes is the man.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 08:56 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiceGuynj
Your Name Here

Superhero can't be related in modern times because his just too good at everything he has no flaws and many people don't like superman for that reason.I mean take the powers away and what do you have superman not brave wolverine is a hard@$$ but there's always something in him when he knows he ain't the strongest but will go in a fight knowing he might not win.Superman the total opposite he's a great superhero but is a flawed "hero" all powers no heart.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 10:46 PM
NiceGuynj is currently offline Click here to Send NiceGuynj a Private Message Find more posts by NiceGuynj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

superman? no heart? are you kidding me? the guy with or without his powers would still try his best...

no heart... does the name doomsday ring any bells?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 11:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NiceGuynj
Superhero can't be related in modern times because his just too good at everything he has no flaws and many people don't like superman for that reason.

No that is a rather poor observation. If Superman has no flaws and no heart then how comes he still goes Clark Kent? If he has all great superpowers then how come he doesn't just tries to rule the world? Or kill all his enemies? No way! Superman is a class A+! That's why Batman calls him "Boyscout" because he is always willing to serve and help at any time.

No heart? How about the love is his life Lois Lane? The reason why Superman has been dislike is because he has been used as patriotic figure when he waves the American flag. It created animosity towards the character. What critics DIDN'T realize is that Superman maybe at times patriotic, but he doesn't let his patriotism blind his common sense and also his sense of Justice. He fights crime and injustice anywhere at anytime. He fights crime globally and doesn't care whether criminals are American or European or Asian.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:46 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiceGuynj
Your Name Here

Boyscout as in goodie two shoes I don't even understand why Lex Luther never shoved a stick of kryptonite up superman @$$ and leave it there.Good luck Bryan Singer leaving one of the best comic book characters and go to a crappy character and a easier movie to do so goodluck.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 02:18 AM
NiceGuynj is currently offline Click here to Send NiceGuynj a Private Message Find more posts by NiceGuynj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Boyscout as in goodie two shoes I don't even understand why Lex Luther never shoved a stick of kryptonite up superman @$$ and leave it there.Good luck Bryan Singer leaving one of the best comic book characters and go to a crappy character and a easier movie to do so goodluck.

xmen has at least ten characters... which one were you referring to?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 02:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

I may just be stealing these lines from Kill Bill, but, I have a good reason why Superman is the most definitive, and unique superhero.

Every superhero has an alter ego. Batman is really Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is really Peter Parker. Peter Parker has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. But, here is why Superman is unique: Superman, was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he is Superman. The costume with the red 'S' is the blankets he was wrapped in when the Kents found him in the spaceship. Now, Superman's alter ego: Clark Kent; the business suit, the glasses; that is the costume. Clark Kent is Superman's way of blending in with humans. That is why I think Superman is the definition of SUPER hero. Because he IS Superman.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 03:08 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
liam k
i will not die

if you don't like him why you on this thread.. eh sherlock!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:51 AM
liam k is currently offline Click here to Send liam k a Private Message Find more posts by liam k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Hegemon875
He does not have "too many powers" as I have stated before almost all other superheroes derive their power from him because he is the original comic book hero.
That's just it. They came from him because he got there first. And if he didn't exsist, "his" powers would still be on every other comic book character because they're very basic powers.
Originally posted by eleveninches
he is the first and best, and always will be.
It's like saying that hulk hogan is the worst wwe charachter ever.
No superman = no comics

Hogan was a pretty crappy wrestler. The only reason he was so great was because he drew in the fans. Same with Ultimate Warrior. Machoman. Steve Austin. Etc.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 10:35 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

No Hogan = No wrestlemania I = No WWWF = No WWF = No WWE

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 10:39 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

Like it would have been so easy for Lex to do so. And the Superman movie has way more to live up to then the X-men series.

Superman is the most widely recognized Superhero of all time, Period. You may think his comics are bad, but don't pretend like you wouldn't want his powers if you could. Since when is having it all a bad thing?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 09:30 PM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i never realised how frowned upon having morals was in comics...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 10:20 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

1) Being the first character doesn't automatically make you an especially good one. Just the opposite, really, since his creators didn't have the chance to learn from other comic creator's mistakes. It does makes you one of the most important ones--but that's another issue.

2) It's just silly to say that we wouldn't have superhero comics without Superman. By the time Superman came out, their were already masked heroes (the Phantom, for example) running around; giving them superhuman powers wasn't a huge leap. Never-the-less,

3) If you don't like him, why are you posting in the Superman forum? Have you been implanted with some sort of alien mind-control device that prevents you from just not paying attention to heroes who don't interest you?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 11:42 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I would also like to add that we're all forgetting about the worlds very first superhero - Jesus Christ himself!

Then there's Peter Pan and Zorro.

Supes still took it all one step further though.

Jesus vs Superman, imagine that.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 02:31 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OtterVomit

Lets not forget Beowulf.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 03:51 AM
OtterVomit is currently offline Click here to Send OtterVomit a Private Message Find more posts by OtterVomit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Superman is after all the greatest, I compare him only to Thor in the Marvel Earth.
Powers far above mortals, god-like condition, he can simply stay in his fortress of solitude and let the humans being killed or kill themselves or being subdued from other metahumans.He can even decide to conquer the Earth, but he decide to fight for us, for all of us.
He once died to fight against Doomsday, and now tell me if there's something more noble and worthy than dying for those you love, for the people you want to respect and protect.He can simply fly away when he met Doomsday.NO.
He stay and fight.Like a hero.Cause he's not a hero, he's THE HERO.
He's always there, fighting with JLA or alone, no matter how strong is the menace, no matter how hard he'll have to fight, he'll always keep doing his best without asking for some retribution for his work.
The only worst thing I perceive here is the title of the topic and the author.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:43 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote