KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman is the worst character EVER.

Superman is the worst character EVER.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sarutobi700
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didnt say it wasnt fighting i said it wasnt HIGH SPEED fighting. Read my post more carefully b4 u try to flame

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 04:36 PM
Sarutobi700 is currently offline Click here to Send Sarutobi700 a Private Message Find more posts by Sarutobi700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sarutobi700
Restricted

Account Restricted

Endless mikecome back 2 the Naruto forums. I miss u man. These forums are borin and no one ever posts

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 04:49 PM
Sarutobi700 is currently offline Click here to Send Sarutobi700 a Private Message Find more posts by Sarutobi700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
No they wer flying fast then saw a rock in eygyt thew it got to china did a heat blast. It wasnt high speed fighting, it was just flying fast then trowing random thing

Afterimages in manga is sometimes the only way to show a multi-hit combo, that's just it. In comics they are used for the point of emphasis sometimes or if it's needed to put many things happening apparently simultaneously in the one panel (like speedster chasing someone across the building). If the fight occurs over multiple locations (each panel=new location) afterimages aren't necessary from the artist's point of view. I won't put much faith in afterimages.

Don't turn into a guy who said that Terry Bogard is faster than Superman in terms of combat speed just because Terry Bogard is often drawn with afterimages in NeoSun comics/manga and Supes isn't often drawn with afterimages.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 04:51 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

They were fighting while flying all around the world in seconds. How is that not "high speed fighting"?

DBZ characters can't even dream of that kind of speed.

BTW I'm more active in the Naruto forums now since CBG left.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 05:35 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sarutobi700
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes!!Who is CGB

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 07:12 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

CBG. Comic Book Guy.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 07:17 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman is the shit.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 08:28 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Superman is a good character.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 09:41 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I would not say that Superman is the best super hero ever, but his powers are very cool. The only thing he lacks would be psychic powers on par with Xavier, or better. I hope that DC won't change him up too much in the future, because he seems to have the right mix these days. His days of blowing moons off of their axis points should never again happen, because this would make for a boring hero. Life is about struggle and without struggle no one would ever read Superman again. They'd always know the outcome of his battles.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 05:45 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vvendeta

Superman is all right.

From American comics i rater read Marvel, but Superman is cool, only thing that bothers me is that being Super and all and he is lame with the girls, like in the Battle in Asgard 1000 years thinking about Lois and when Wonderwoman come to him he reject her, i mean come on, Superman 1000 years, hehe.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 09:25 AM
Vvendeta is currently offline Click here to Send Vvendeta a Private Message Find more posts by Vvendeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuppMan

superman is the shit. just imagine him as the supreme court of justice and 99% of his ruling is in favor of you, the good guys.. unless youre a hater.. all these other characters are like the laywers, they are just a small figure in the supreme court. they maybe can maybe can't help you.. who knows.. they can battle it out and see who wins and if the hater is winning, superman comes and slaps his hand down.. "*****, I RUN THINGS" and thats it.. the good guy wins.. hahahaha.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 02:18 PM
SuppMan is currently offline Click here to Send SuppMan a Private Message Find more posts by SuppMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Superman is the worst character EVER.

Originally posted by long pig
No personality + way too many super powers + horrid writing + silly powers i.e speed reading + he has only two weaknesses + stupid alter ego = a horrible character.
Superman comics should be discontinued...i wouldnt wipe my ass with his comics.
give me one reason why Superman is an interesting character?
The guy is worthless....
if you read him there is something seriously wrong with you.

I'll give you stupid alter ego

Superman has one of the most conflicted and diverse personalities in mainstream comics. One that marvel has copied to much.

The writing, just like any other comic varies from good to bad. It is a comic for fvck sake. What do you want, a composition worthy of being studied at oxford? The writers only have sixteen pages to tell a story. The graphic novels are always very interesting and metophorical. The mainstream comics can also be quite mature and complex from time to time. I will acknowledge that the superman comics are ones that you need to have a healthy history of to jump into though.

Yes, Superman does have many powers. The writers take this into consideration. Many compensate for his powers by writing enemies more powerfull. just like any comic, The villians abilities are always relevant to the hero's abilities.

Superman has quite a few weakneses. His pride, compassion, self esteem and sense of gaurdianship over humanity is always exploited as a greater weakness that kryptonite.

what comics do you read. What makes your tastes give you the high horse to look down on Superman. If you read comic books, your wasting your time as much as all other comic book readers slappy

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Nov 17th, 2007 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 03:50 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nij-ayias

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Afterimages in manga is sometimes the only way to show a multi-hit combo, that's just it. In comics they are used for the point of emphasis sometimes or if it's needed to put many things happening apparently simultaneously in the one panel (like speedster chasing someone across the building). If the fight occurs over multiple locations (each panel=new location) afterimages aren't necessary from the artist's point of view. I won't put much faith in afterimages.

Don't turn into a guy who said that Terry Bogard is faster than Superman in terms of combat speed just because Terry Bogard is often drawn with afterimages in NeoSun comics/manga and Supes isn't often drawn with afterimages.

your "afterimages in manga is sometimes etc." is only your opinion, no proof because they clearly stated if there are after images or none.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
They were fighting while flying all around the world in seconds. How is that not "high speed fighting"?

DBZ characters can't even dream of that kind of speed.

BTW I'm more active in the Naruto forums now since CBG left.

i know superman can travel at space or should i call it lightspeed travel,
but what is the connection in fighting speed. most people here always said that he can also fight at the same speed because of the reaction speed and without that he could crash anywhere with his travel speed. what's the point, that speed is still referring to travel not combat.

you said "flying all around the world in seconds", is that a fast-pace fight? or a combination of physical strength and flying travel speed.

travelling involves stamina and long distance.

fast-pace fighting involves agility, dodging, movements and skills.

slower opponents can hit superman face to face with no common reason.

Last edited by nij-ayias on Nov 23rd, 2007 at 06:57 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 06:43 PM
nij-ayias is currently offline Click here to Send nij-ayias a Private Message Find more posts by nij-ayias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by nij-ayias
slower opponents can hit superman face to face with no common reason.

there is a common reason... its superman's obsessive need to fight fair...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 09:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nij-ayias

Originally posted by pr1983
there is a common reason... its superman's obsessive need to fight fair...

yet, sometimes it hurt superman or that will cause his defeat.

dodging, blocking and agile is not cheating.

if supes wants to fight fair, go to a planet with red sun.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 08:26 AM
nij-ayias is currently offline Click here to Send nij-ayias a Private Message Find more posts by nij-ayias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yet, sometimes it hurt superman or that will cause his defeat.

dodging, blocking and agile is not cheating.

if supes wants to fight fair, go to a planet with red sun.

how often does he actually end up losing?

very little if ever...

when he needs to be faster, he is, when he needs to be agile and block punches, he does...

he can take a few licks and keep fighting, he has done many a time...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 09:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nij-ayias

how often does he actually end up losing?

very little if ever...

yes, because opponents lacked powers.

when he needs to be faster, he is, when he needs to be agile and block punches, he does...

how rare it is when it comes on fighting.

he can take a few licks and keep fighting, he has done many a time...

so you admit that combat speed doesn't really much in superman just damage and power.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 05:42 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yes, because opponents lacked powers.

how rare it is when it comes on fighting.

so you admit that combat speed doesn't really much in superman just damage and power.

lacked powers? so brainiac, darkseid, metallo, bizarro etc...

its rare because he doesnt need to use it that often...

he doesnt need it that often, no, but can and has used it when neccesary...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 11:01 PM
nij-ayias

lacked powers? so brainiac, darkseid, metallo, bizarro etc...

can they destroy many solar systems and dimension.

with not much effort

its rare because he doesnt need to use it that often...

he doesnt need it that often, no, but can and has used it when neccesary...

that's what i'm trying to point out, because supes rarely used it, he lacks experience against a 100% fast-paced fighters.

prove me that his flying speed or travel speed equals his agility and reflexes, it should be stated by the authors.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 04:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

can they destroy many solar systems and dimension.

with not much effort

that's what i'm trying to point out, because supes rarely used it, he lacks experience against a 100% fast-paced fighters.

prove me that his flying speed or travel speed equals his agility and reflexes, it should be stated by the authors.

darkseid yes, bizarro's powers = supermans... thats two... metallo is a walking piece of kryptonite, so can kill superman if not careful... and brainiac has overseen the destruction of countless civilisations...

he doesnt lack experience, he's fought fast people plenty of times and held his own... wonder woman, captain marvel, doomsday, darkseid... all are incredibly fast fighters with tons of experience...

his reflexes are on par and surpass most of the people in his tier in comics... he's blitzed people like bizarro (literally the same powers), imperiex probes (who had enough power to beat the entire league alone), and doomsday too (took down the league also)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:55 AM