KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman is the worst character EVER.

Superman is the worst character EVER.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nij-ayias
can they destroy many solar systems and dimension.

with not much effort
Is that how you define power? By being able to destroy solar systems and dimensions?

Then I guess the X-Men are all powerless? Flash, Green lantern, Ironman, Spiderman... all powerless.

Galactus doesn't destroy dimensions. Guess he and those under him are powerless.

When was the last time Goku destroyed a solar system or dimension? Guess they're powerless.

Kyo Kusinagi is powerless, as is RYU from SF. No one has any power unless they can destroy solar systems? Guess even Cell isn't even proven concretly to have any power either.

All this flying around characters do in comics and manga? That's not using powers either. Spell casting that doesn't destroy a solar system or dimension? That's not a power either.

Edit:
Yeah, yeah, I know Green lantern can destroy a solar system... the point was that he doesn't in his more frequent appearences...

Last edited by Creshosk on Nov 25th, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:49 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nij-ayias

Originally posted by Creshosk
Is that how you define power? By being able to destroy solar systems and dimensions?

Then I guess the X-Men are all powerless? Flash, Green lantern, Ironman, Spiderman... all powerless.

Galactus doesn't destroy dimensions. Guess he and those under him are powerless.

When was the last time Goku destroyed a solar system or dimension? Guess they're powerless.

Kyo Kusinagi is powerless, as is RYU from SF. No one has any power unless they can destroy solar systems? Guess even Cell isn't even proven concretly to have any power either.

All this flying around characters do in comics and manga? That's not using powers either. Spell casting that doesn't destroy a solar system or dimension? That's not a power either.

Edit:
Yeah, yeah, I know Green lantern can destroy a solar system... the point was that he doesn't in his more frequent appearences...

read dragon ball manga again, if you're saying that goku doesn't destroy dimension.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 10:08 AM
nij-ayias is currently offline Click here to Send nij-ayias a Private Message Find more posts by nij-ayias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

read dragon ball manga again, if you're saying that goku doesn't destroy dimension.
ripping open a portal is NOT destroying a dimension. Trion(or was it eigth day?) Juggernaut tore open a rift in the dimension. and it didn't collapse or anything.

So no, Goku didn't destroy a dimension. I suggest YOU read it again.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 10:35 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nij-ayias

ripping open a portal is NOT destroying a dimension. Trion(or was it eigth day?) Juggernaut tore open a rift in the dimension. and it didn't collapse or anything.

So no, Goku didn't destroy a dimension. I suggest YOU read it again.

goku did't ripped it, majin-buu and ssj3 gotenks destroyed it.

i suggest you're the one to READ it again.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 10:38 AM
nij-ayias is currently offline Click here to Send nij-ayias a Private Message Find more posts by nij-ayias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

So, why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 10:39 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

goku did't ripped it, majin-buu and ssj3 gotenks destroyed it.

i suggest you're the one to READ it again.
MAijin buu and Gotenks are not Goku.

I've read it before and I know you're full of it.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 10:50 AM
nij-ayias

MAijin buu and Gotenks are not Goku.

I've read it before and I know you're full of it.

hahahaha, ok post it if it is really goku...........

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 10:57 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

man, this thread was awesome when brainchild81 and longpig rationalized the lameness of superman(for like 2 1/2 years), now it degenerated into dbz shite. what the hell happened?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 11:07 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

That's the million dollar question

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 06:23 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Originally posted by Bad Ash231
So, why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

Agreed this thread should be closed!

The Word

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:26 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

i wouldn't go near so far as to say supes is the worst ever but, i'm not a big fan.

i do think his powers and the way he's written is pretty ridiculous but then again, most comics are ridiculous. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 06:48 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by long pig
No personality + way too many super powers + horrid writing + silly powers i.e speed reading + he has only two weaknesses + stupid alter ego = a horrible character.
Superman comics should be discontinued...i wouldnt wipe my ass with his comics.
give me one reason why Superman is an interesting character?
The guy is worthless....
if you read him there is something seriously wrong with you.

Here's Superman.

Hello, I'm an Alien that looks exactly like a human. I was shot to Earth by human looking/english speaking aliens.

When I arrived on Earth I became God because my writers are complete idiots.

Oh, and I'm powered by the sun......

Superman was popular back in the 19 hundreds, when people tamed lions and solved problems with duels.

But now he's a complete idiot in comics, the writers of Superman (1980) did a great job of bringing his character back. But he's become retarded again in comics, and Batman is slowly getting more popular.

On message boards like these the Superman GCP is being deastroyed by stupid comics that make Superman dwarf all others.

The GCP is the 'General Character Prowess', Which is the widely excepted range and array of powers.

And it's being stretched.

Last edited by Combat_Guru on May 10th, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2008 10:45 AM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Combat_Guru
Here's Superman.

Hello, I'm an Alien that looks exactly like a human.

It's not like no one else ever does that. Look at half the alien races on Star Trek, for example.

quote:
I was shot to Earth by human looking/english speaking aliens.

They don't speak English, it's just written in English so the readers can understand it.

quote:
When I arrived on Earth I became God because my writers are complete idiots.

Because he handles every problem on earth by himself, right? There aren't any other heroes around - oh, wait....

Besides, he gets beaten in fights all the time. Doomsday was the most famous one.

quote:
Oh, and I'm powered by the sun......

This is criticism - how?

quote:
Superman was popular back in the 19 hundreds, when people tamed lions and solved problems with duels.

Hercules was popular over 2000 years ago - and guess what! He's still popular today!

quote:
But now he's a complete idiot in comics, the writers of Superman (1980) did a great job of bringing his character back. But he's become retarded again in comics, and Batman is slowly getting more popular.

Just out of curiosity, how many recent Superman comics have you read?

quote:
On message boards like these the Superman GCP is being deastroyed by stupid comics that make Superman dwarf all others.

Did you happen to read Countdown: Arena, for just one recent example?

quote:
The GCP is the 'General Character Prowess', Which is the widely excepted range and array of powers.

And it's being stretched.

It's based on the canon.... just because he's more powerful than you would like him to be doesn't mean he never struggles or loses.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 12th, 2008 05:19 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skygunner41
I'll be back!

hate.... hate..hate...maybe kmc should have therapy expert involving comic character especially superman.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 10:28 AM
skygunner41 is currently offline Click here to Send skygunner41 a Private Message Find more posts by skygunner41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Combat_Guru
Here's Superman.

Hello, I'm an Alien that looks exactly like a human. I was shot to Earth by human looking/english speaking aliens.
You do realise that DBZ, a show you are a fan of, is just like that, right?

Old Post May 13th, 2008 12:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by psycho gundam
man, this thread was awesome when brainchild81 and longpig rationalized the lameness of superman(for like 2 1/2 years), now it degenerated into dbz shite. what the hell happened?

laughing

How can you blatantly display your fandom for tripe like DBZ and then have the gall to call Superman the worst character? DBZ is complete tripe with no depth whatsoever, for a fan of such a franchise to call Superman the 'worst character ever' reeks of hypocrisy to me. Some of the best super hero graphic novels published have been based on Superman.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 05:18 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenan harris

Superman is actually pretty pointless as a character and all of you saying people don't like a goody goody I take goku from dragonball as an example of how that argument is shit goku is a powerful character that fights stronger and stronger foes and sometimes needs a trump card or help from another character to defeat them but superman unless you have a rare space rock he's gonna kill you and goku has morals he didn't kill piccolo, vegeta, he tried not to kill frieza and takes them all as people who can change I think goku is more flushed out and developed and smallville was a good backstory of superman but when he turns into an adult like I said pointless

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:17 AM
kenan harris is currently offline Click here to Send kenan harris a Private Message Find more posts by kenan harris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by kenan harris
Superman is actually pretty pointless as a character and all of you saying people don't like a goody goody I take goku from dragonball as an example of how that argument is shit goku is a powerful character that fights stronger and stronger foes and sometimes needs a trump card or help from another character to defeat them but superman unless you have a rare space rock he's gonna kill you and goku has morals he didn't kill piccolo, vegeta, he tried not to kill frieza and takes them all as people who can change I think goku is more flushed out and developed and smallville was a good backstory of superman but when he turns into an adult like I said pointless

I guess you missed all the parts when Goku put a hole through King Piccolo, slaughtered the Red Ribbon army, then killed Doctor Gero.

Goku as kill off more people than Kal.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 12:13 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Allankles
laughing

How can you blatantly display your fandom for tripe like DBZ and then have the gall to call Superman the worst character? DBZ is complete tripe with no depth whatsoever, for a fan of such a franchise to call Superman the 'worst character ever' reeks of hypocrisy to me. Some of the best super hero graphic novels published have been based on Superman.

I agree and I don't understand how anyone can call Superman "lame". That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. He is the ultimate hero. The one all the others look up to. He is my favorite fictional (not just comic book character) character of all time. I love his movies, comics, and his animated movies on blu-ray. Superman is "THE MAN".

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 03:29 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by harnelo
Sigh...uneducated, ignorant superman bashing. Superman is more than just a comic character with superpowers. He is an pop culture icon, that is more recognizble than any other I'll wager. And now to argue the specifics.
No personality- by this i assume you mean he's no brooder like batman or maniac like wolverine, this "lack" of personality you complain about is in fact his most endearing trait, calm and controlled.
Too many superpowers- cmon really now, thats how he beats the bad guys little boy
Two weakness- personally I think its two too many, see above.
And as for wiping your rear end with the comic book, may i suggest you use your hand so it smell just like the crap coming out of you mouth.
p.s im a sman fanatic so dont take things too personally smile

Well said, harnelo. All this Superman bashing is starting to piss me off. He is the best fictional character of all time. PERIOD.

When people start bashing Superman it tends to make me lose my temper and say things I'd never say otherwise. So, it's probably best that I don't revisit this thread or else things will get out of hand really fast.

Last edited by Star428 on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 03:33 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote