KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman is the worst character EVER.

Superman is the worst character EVER.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
No Hogan = No wrestlemania I = No WWWF = No WWF = No WWE
Doesn't change the fact that he had 8 moves, including catch phrases and poses, and was a diva.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:32 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Last Son
Man of Steel

Pig boy is a complete idiot. Superman is the greatest superhero of them all. He actually stands for something. How many other superheores can say that.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:44 AM
The Last Son is currently offline Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

lmao, Pig Boy.

Captain America stands for something. He just isn't as powerful.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 05:35 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by chris_63256
SENTRY IS THE WORST EVER PEROID... (Limitless POWER),(Immortal) come the f%$k ON. If it wasnt for superman comics wouldnot exist bro is and I'm not even a big supes fan

Doesn't matter. He'll wipe the floor with current or pre-crisis Superman.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 05:41 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
lmao, Pig Boy.

Captain America stands for something. He just isn't as powerful.
Yeah, and so does Hulk, Ironman, Starman (Jack. And man, I'm going to be SM fanboy by the time I'm done reading these comics), and... Bernard the Poet.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 07:39 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Gregory
1) Being the first character doesn't automatically make you an especially good one. Just the opposite, really, since his creators didn't have the chance to learn from other comic creator's mistakes. It does makes you one of the most important ones--but that's another issue.

2) It's just silly to say that we wouldn't have superhero comics without Superman. By the time Superman came out, their were already masked heroes (the Phantom, for example) running around; giving them superhuman powers wasn't a huge leap.
Ditto. "He's the best because he's the 1st" is a dumb argument. I liked him when I was a kid, but as I got older, I realized how boring he was. The glasses thing is lame as hell too!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 07:27 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombie_outbreak

Pffft.

The character has been around for 67 years and still manages to stay on the top selling comics list. Face it, Superman has longevity. My opinion or Superman growing up was just the opposite. I thought Superman was boring as a kid but now that I can appreciate all the history the goes in to the character and I have more respect for what he represents than any other hero, even though he's not my favorite. The only hero Marvel has who comes anywhere near the historical merit of Superman is Captain America, another hero who represents much to be respected.

What would make Superman better? Berserker rages? Sideburns? A spiffy trench coat and a Cajun accent? Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character and all, but I must admit he has one of the dumbest histories of all comic characters...

A mutant born with the power to heal from just about fatal injury in the 1800s who fought in every war the United States has been involved in since the day he was born and on yeah we can't forget that he has extensive martial arts training from the Orient and then he was kidnapped by the Canadian government who was only fronting for the American government and then they made his skeleton indestructible with a very painful procedure so now he has claws that can cut through anything and he was brainwashed to be the perfect killing machine with a bunch of body hair that the chicks in the Marvel universe seem to dig because he has banged ALL of them and he's been "killed" a few times only to later be revealed that he was on another planet the whole time and it was his clone or a alien or a robot that looked like him and not him after all and his archenemy is his father/brother/former teammate but no one is quite sure what he really is because both Sabretooth's and Wolverine's memories might be implants or the real thing and his father/brother/former teammate killed his girlfriend only for her to turn out to be an arch-criminal known as Madame Hydra and then Sabretooth really does end up killing her anyway and now it turns out that "Weapon X" is not the letter but he was "Weapon Ten" all along and they are like up to number thirteen now...and it goes on and on like this.

Anybody remember the Scarlet Spider? or the time when Spidey went around masquerading as four different heroes so no one would figure out Spider-Man was masquerading as only one hero? Or when Spidey's parents returned from the dead only to not really be his parents? Even Cap was frozen in the ocean for a few decades and was thawed to go back and fight crime in a new era. And can someone please draw out the Summers family tree for me because I got lost about seven members from alternate realities ago.

See why I think the simplistic concept of Superman isn't that bad?

P.S. I wouldn't knock the glasses. It beats when Wolverine was running around thinking an eye patch would fool everybody who knew him as Logan into mistaking him for a simple bar owner. Like that hair wasn't a dead giveaway or anything. Oh yeah, that's right. It did fool everybody. Even the professional detectives Drew and McCabe's intuition couldn't penetrate that great disguise.

Last edited by zombie_outbreak on Apr 30th, 2005 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 11:59 AM
zombie_outbreak is currently offline Click here to Send zombie_outbreak a Private Message Find more posts by zombie_outbreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

What you're talking about is lame storytelling for cool heroes. Supes is just a lame hero. And he's been involved in some pretty lame stories too. Wolverine doesn't do the patch thing anymore. Hell he doesn't even wear the mask all the time. I don't think he's all that worried about people knowing who he is. The Glasses thing is done everyday and everyday it's stupid. You say "simplistic". I say "outdated". People buy his books hoping Batman will show upsmile

Last edited by I-Drop on Apr 30th, 2005 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 10:43 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by brainchild81
What you're talking about is lame storytelling for cool heroes. Supes is just a lame hero. And he's been involved in some pretty lame stories too. Wolverine doesn't do the patch thing anymore. Hell he doesn't even wear the mask all the time. I don't think he's all that worried about people knowing who he is. The Glasses thing is done everyday and everyday it's stupid. You say "simplistic". I say "outdated". People buy his books hoping Batman will show upsmile

he stopped wearing the mask for totally different reasons... i.e. it represented a part of him that was no more... it was part of his character development...

unless supes pulls a daredevil and outs himself, the glasses will stay, thankfully...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

He still wears the mask, just not all the time. Supes is a character I've heard creators say they'd kill off & don't wanna write for because he's too powerful. He was cool for the time he was created, but now he's a walking Superhero stereotype. Ever see that SNL episode w/the Rock in the Superman sketch?

Last edited by I-Drop on May 1st, 2005 at 04:54 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:49 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He still wears the mask, just not all the time. Supes is a character I've heard creators say they'd kill off & don't wanna write for because he's too powerful. He was cool for the time he was created, but now he's a walking Superhero stereotype. Ever see that SNL episode w/the Rock in the Superman sketch?

i saw the sketch, and i'll admit i laughed...

people whine that he's too powerful... then give him enemies that match him...

he could do with some new writers, but i dont think the character himself is as bad as people claim...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I wouldn't say he's the worst character ever, but I would say that out of all the more famous characters, he's the least interesting by far.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wouldn't say he's the worst character ever, but I would say that out of all the more famous characters, he's the least interesting by far.

in comparison to who though?

i mean during the jim lee run it established (the writing wasnt great but it had a point) that superman is a troubled individual, who isn't sure if there's a point to him being the hero he is... and with all his abilities that he couldnt stop the dissappearence of the one person closest to him...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2005 09:55 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

That's great. He's lame compared to Spider-Man, X-Men, Nightwing, Batman, The Fantastic 4, Avengers, Flash, Punisher, Daredevil, Hulk and the list goes on. He'll, even his so called clones like Gladiator & Hyperion are more interesting.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's great. He's lame compared to Spider-Man, X-Men, Nightwing, Batman, The Fantastic 4, Avengers, Flash, Punisher, Daredevil, Hulk and the list goes on. He'll, even his so called clones like Gladiator & Hyperion are more interesting.

firstly...

i find supes more interesting than spidey...

half the x-men are useless pr*cks who dont deserve to be in comics...

nightwing, dont read so dont know...

batman... well jeez, whos more interesting than batman...

fantastic four? four characters, could any of them hold a comic by themselves?

avengers? not the new ones... and again, more than one character...

flash is cool, his wife is hot, but he's not the most complex character (though the thing about not having kids was interesting)...

punisher? out for revenge, kills lots of people, decent history though...

daredevil... is pretty interesting no doubt...

hulk? has had how many incarnations of the same guy?

as for his clones, i'm gonna disagree with you there... to go through them all woudl take all night...

i am not saying supes aint corny... but he's one of a kind... for every wolverine/dp/punisher you need a superman, a through and through good guy...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:27 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Not really. Spider-Man does that with much more style. Supes is obsolete. Supes more interesting than Spider-Man? That's richsmile Everybody has the right to opinion though.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:56 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not really. Spider-Man does that with much more style. Supes is obsolete. Supes more interesting than Spider-Man? That's richsmile Everybody has the right to opinion though.

style? just cos he uses wise cracks?

supes is by no means 'obsolete'... why do you say he is? because he's not "cool", because he isnt ruthless? because he has the range of powers that he has?

and yes, imo he is more interesting...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on May 2nd, 2005 at 03:24 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 03:17 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Not just the wise cracks. IMO Spidey's fights are cooler w/all the flips & stuff. Remember the cool fights in the 1st matrix? That's like Spidey. Remember that lame Neo/Smith battle @ the end of the last one w/all that flying s**t? That's like Superman. His costume is cooler. He's had problems in and out of the suit since his creation whereas Supes having some now is more of a Spider-Man ripoff.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 03:31 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not just the wise cracks. IMO Spidey's fights are cooler w/all the flips & stuff. Remember the cool fights in the 1st matrix? That's like Spidey. Remember that lame Neo/Smith battle @ the end of the last one w/all that flying s**t? That's like Superman. His costume is cooler. He's had problems in and out of the suit since his creation whereas Supes having some now is more of a Spider-Man ripoff.

firstly, superman doesnt do cartwheels... why? because he's strong enough to take hits from doomsday and keep coming back... supes has to be in control at all times, one slip could kill hundreds of people...

flying shit? what, so now you dont like flying heroes? this is a guy who pushes meteors away from earth on regular occasions, and fights entire alien invasion forces...

whether the costume is cooler is a matter of opinion... supermans is iconic...

rip off? right... it took spidey long enough to grow up, now superman is ripping him off? i don't think so...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 03:42 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Think harder. Supes was always the guy who only had problems when in costume. Now they're giving him grief!? Spidey's grown up, but they've never really had to change him around like that. Counting pre-crisis, how many times have they repackaged him? Dude went from jumping to flying. They had to tone him down a while back because he was just ridiculous. W/Spidey there's almost always a sense of possible danger. To challenge Supes you gotta be either a god, wizard, or have that glowing rock. That glasses thing is horrible. When Spidey came along, he changed and re-energized a genre that had started growing stale. When Smallvile is @ it's best, it's been called the Marvel version of Superman. Which Marvel hero in his youth is he most like on that show? You know the answer. We both do. I have no problem w/flying heroes, but I do have one with heroes who fly, run fast(Having these 2 together is pushing it already), are invulnerable, have super hearing, telescopic vision, blizzard breath, heat vision, XRay vison, super strength, and use glasses as a disguise. Spidey's been a victim of bad writing before, but that's nothing against him. Remember the days when Marvel still knew what to do and Spidey's worst selling book made more than Supes's best selling? I don't know the future, but how do you think Supes new movie is gonna stand up compared to Spidey's flicks?

Last edited by I-Drop on May 2nd, 2005 at 04:16 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 04:08 AM