KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Twilight Zone: The Movie

Twilight Zone: The Movie
Started by: Wolfie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Twilight Zone: The Movie

Most of you had to have seen this one. If not, watch it! It's great! John Lithgow and Dan Aykroyd are great in this.

If only it was on DVD.... sad

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 11:40 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Are you serious, this movie isnt on DvD? Soul plane has a special edition two disc DvD, but twilight zone isnt even in circulation? WoW.

This is one of the best fantasy flicks out there. Every story is top notch. I remember when i was little, i can remember this being the only other movie that actually scared me, aside of red dawn. In the very beginning when ol danny boy is picked up as a hitch hiker and asks the guy if he wants to see somthing really scary. Man, i filled my pants on that one. also, the demon on the plane, that was a pshycological scare for me as a kid, and can still give me vivid shocks when i watch it alone late at night.

Do you remember amazing stories? that is a fav of mine to. I only see it bout once a year, whenever it's on sci fi or somthin. I htink i may be getting some stories mixed up with amazing stories and twilight zone. Twilight zone had. The story of the bigget who wakes up in wartime germany as a jew, the old people who find youth from playing kick the can, a boy who can manifest anything he imagines, and the terror at 20,000 feet right? I am always thinking that it has the story of the gunner in the world war two plane who is an artist, and the landing gear gets blown off, and he draws landing gear and it appears.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 17th, 2005 at 09:56 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 09:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

Fantastic flick! I too wish they would release this on DVD....not sure why the hold up.

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 03:39 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Twilight zone had. The story of the bigget who wakes up in wartime germany as a jew, the old people who find youth from playing kick the can, a boy who can manifest anything he imagines, and the terror at 20,000 feet right? I am always thinking that it has the story of the gunner in the world war two plane who is an artist, and the landing gear gets blown off, and he draws landing gear and it appears.

Yep, that was Twilight Zone.

I loved the end of the terror at 20,000 feet one. John Lithgow is getting taken away in an ambulence and we see Dan Aykroyd is the driver. "Hey, do you wanna see something scary?" Then we catch the scared look on Lithgow's face as the Twilight Zone theme plays.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 06:34 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wendigo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Big_Boy
Fantastic flick! I too wish they would release this on DVD....not sure why the hold up.
smile

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 11:42 AM
Wendigo is currently offline Click here to Send Wendigo a Private Message Find more posts by Wendigo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Odious
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love that movie. All four stories are acutally remakes of the old episodes, and good ones too. The best one is with the kid who can wish anything in or out of existence. I wish they would make another one with some more remakes. But these days they'd most likely piss all over it. I remember Amazing Stories came out around that time and those were just as cool. The beginning of the movie was classic with those two guys in the middle of the desert, talking about old shows(like the Twilight Zone) God I love those old 80's movies.
"You wanna see something really scary?"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
Darth Odious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Odious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Odious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

meh.......it's decent for what it is. The little boy with godlike power story kind of kills it for me. I never could get into that one.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:19 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

is this movie even scary? or is it suppose to be funny ...since Akroid is in it

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:34 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

neither.........it's just, wierd. Haven't you ever watched a Twilight Zone episode? It's been airing non stop for over 40 years now. The Twilight Zone isn't scary, funny, anything............they are just 22 minute episodes based around wierd occurances. The movie is just a collection of 4 episodes shot to be packaged together as a film.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:37 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

yea I have.. but not the movie

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:39 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meets of evil
Part Yoda Part Anakin

Damn i forgot about this movie. Really, why haven't they released it on DVD for mat, wtf mate?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 01:20 AM
meets of evil is currently offline Click here to Send meets of evil a Private Message Find more posts by meets of evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

the Part with John Lithgow on the airplane is still one of my alltime fav's...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 11:14 AM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote