KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man with Kryptonite ring V's Superman

Spider-Man with Kryptonite ring V's Superman
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Spider-Man with Kryptonite ring V's Superman

just for the hell of it

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 07:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Supes would drop a skyscraper on him, lol. Or throw a car at him or something. Or maybe just use his heat vision...

At the end of the day, who knows how quickly K-Nite takes affect? If Supes was quick enough, he could fly in there and give Spidey a Super-punch before the green stuff did it's business.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 07:14 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i think he'd be worried about getting too close to the K-nite and long range attacks aren't too effective against spidey as he can dodge most things........ i'd like to see this

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 07:25 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Hmm... how about Supes flying round and round at Superspeed to make a tornado, sucking Spidey high into the air where he can't dodge Supes laser vision and then vapourising him? That's a possiblity, but I don't know if Supes lost the ability to do that after ConIE

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 07:27 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Spider-Man with Kryptonite ring V's Superman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
just for the hell of it

Superman vs Spiderman with Kryptonie = squished arachnid with some molecular green dust flittering about in the air.

Superman wins. He has too many ways to take out Spiderman (and yes, I know that Spiderman has a 'spidey sense').

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 10:26 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I agree. Spidey would need a Kryptonite Cannon or something...I think Supes has way too many powers, so I'm not a huge fan. So even though I'd like to think of a way he could lose...it isn't happening.

-DM cool

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 12:00 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

If Superman is unaware of the ring, Spidey would probably win. He could web it to his back or something.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 12:16 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't they fight once? And didn't Superman knock Spider-Man
flying aay just by the air-pressure of his punch (which he held
back at the last moment)?

Besides, I don't think a ring-sized piece of Kryptonite would
bring down Superman fast enough, or from a sufficiently far
distance, to stop Spider-Man from being killed.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 12:37 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

what exactly is the range at which Superman begins to feel the effects of kryptonite radiation?
the size of the chunk of k-nite shouldn't matter as it's a matter of radioactivity rather than bulk..... a ring sized piece should have the same effect as a car sized piece and radiation travels omni-directionally at light-speed so it isn't like he can dodge it....... how did Batman manage to use it effectively? did he hide it in a lead pouch or something?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 01:08 AM
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, which would harm you more, a ring-sized piece of
radio-active uranium or a car-sized one?

I don't know for a fact what the size and distance that
the Kryptonite has to be to affect Superman, but I am
just going by the (admittedly little) I now of radioactivity.

The bigger and/or closer the object, the greater the
effect.

A ring-sized piece would affect Superman, but I think not
to the speed to which it can stop Superman from getting
to Spider-Man first.

As for batman, if you are refering to "The Dark Knight
Returns", the piece was a cylindrical one, maybe 8 inches
(20 cm) in lenght, and it exploded on impact. Though
even then he didn't turn into a baby or anything.

Attachment: 1.jpg
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 01:52 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by Scoobless
what exactly is the range at which Superman begins to feel the effects of kryptonite radiation?
the size of the chunk of k-nite shouldn't matter as it's a matter of radioactivity rather than bulk..... a ring sized piece should have the same effect as a car sized piece and radiation travels omni-directionally at light-speed so it isn't like he can dodge it....... how did Batman manage to use it effectively? did he hide it in a lead pouch or something?

Let me try to answer your question.

Radioactive damage to a person (human) is measured in millisieverts. The amount of radiation a person receives depends on the type of the radioactive source (eg Gamma rays will knock you six feet deep much faster than Beta rays, which will in turn knock you flat faster than Alpha radiation), the intensity of the radiation (the greater intensity the bigger trouble your behyind is in), as well as the size of the source (eg holding a chunk of plutonium in your hand is not a prudent decision, as you would soon find out when your cells start turning into squish, but it is safer than being in the heart of a cold-water nuclear reactor).
Thus, a car-sized radiation source would be more dangerous (by far) that a ring-sized source (assuming that the radiations are of the same type and intensity).
Now, a ring-sized source of gamma radiation would be more lethal than a car-sized source of Alpha radiation, because gamma radiation is far more intense than Alpha (most of the alpha radiation would be stopped by clothing, while gamma would penetrate several layers of lead).

Moving on to Superman.

Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite, as are humans. The only difference is that Superman is far more vulnerable to kryptonite than humans (but humans are also affected, for example LEx Luthor go cancer by wearing a kryptonite ring on his finger always).
Anyways, there is no need to say how it affects Superman, but rather the level of effects it would have.
Let me start by saying that your would need far more than a ring of kryptonite to stop Superman. Far more.
The reason Batman has been able to defeat him with just a ring is because Superman is a goody-goody.

The Hush story arc puts it perfectly. In it Batman states:

"If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the kryptonite he has one major weakness. Deep down, Clark is essentially a good person ....and deep down I am not!"

Anyways, the kryptonite ring only made Superman angry. Nothing more. It also, to quote Batman, 'slowed Superman's reflexes.' But again, nothing more. Even for Batman to punch Superman was too much (even with his Kevlar lined gloves, and Superman irradiated with kryptonite, he feared that he would shatter the bones in his hand if he punched Superman one more time).

Conclusion: Kryptonite cannot stop Superman unless he wants to be stopped. If Spiderman whipped out the ring he would literally be destroyed FASTER AND MORE RUTHLESSLY than if he did NOT have it.

And one more thing to consider.
Spiderman is vulnerable to bullets. He may have class 10 strength, but he will be knocked flat by a bullet just as you would.
Superman, on the other hand, has held detonating grenades in the palms of his hands, and survived nukes (even current Superman ...although for him it was a low-yield nuke).
Meaning: IF Spiderman punched Superman (and SPidey used his spidey strength), all that would happen is that Spiderman's arm would turn into mush all the way from his fist to his shoulder!

Last edited by spetznaz on Mar 19th, 2005 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 02:22 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

hmmm........... i had been under the impression that the k-ring took supes powers down to more of a fast class 50 level....... but that's mainly through third party information

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 02:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Superman isnt effected to the point of paralysis by Kryptonite anymore. So maybe if you said Kryptonite, instead of a ring, then i would have gone with Spiderman. Why would you even match someone up against Superman with his only weakness, kind of pointless isnt it?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 04:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Why would you even match someone up against Superman with his only weakness, kind of pointless isnt it?

because if you don't use his weakness then the stupidly overpowered Superman will beat almost anyone, which means all his fights will get boring very quickly

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 05:17 PM