KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Haldir's Death

Haldir's Death
Started by: LegolasLuva

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

stop mocking the death scene!

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:19 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

well he got a scimitar down the back he was going to die anyway so why bother about behind you

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:24 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naib
Come and get me!

I mock neither his death nor the death scene. And it was not a scimitar but an Uruk-Hai sword. His first wound was not fatal, painful but not fatal.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:27 PM
Naib is currently offline Click here to Send Naib a Private Message Find more posts by Naib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

an urak sword is a scimitar.

and stop trying to correct everyone it's pissing me off.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:28 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naib
Come and get me!

Having a contradictory point of view is not correcting anyone. If you feel that way then in all probability your information is incorrect. A scimitar an elegantly curved sword whereas an Uruk sword is not. No where does it say in the book or in the movie that the swords were labeled thus.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:32 PM
Naib is currently offline Click here to Send Naib a Private Message Find more posts by Naib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

no you are trying to correct everyone and it's pissing people off just accept it.

Thor out

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:33 PM
Naib
Come and get me!

The point of this thread was to disseminate information that may be of interest to everyone. Whether one persons' points differ from another on Haldir's death shouldn't be a cause for someone to be angry. If you and others feel angry at my point then I do not apologize for having my points differ from yours. Showing anger is showing a lack of understanding or knowledge.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:37 PM
Thorondor
Love?

no it's not your point im dissagreeing with it's valid it's the fact that you are commenting on little things in other peoples posts that matter not.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:39 PM
FŽanor

well yah know Thor...the guy is after all...*gets cut off*

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 08:46 PM
FŽanor is currently offline Click here to Send FŽanor a Private Message Find more posts by FŽanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

laughing out loud^^

na Thor man you should take an easy, but I do think the guy is trying to show of the knowledge a little too quickly

I like knowledgable types on this here forum big grin

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 02:18 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morningstar
-Nous tout meurt un jour-

quote:
Originally posted by Discos
laughing out loud^^ I like knowledgable types on this here forum big grin

Hmm does that count u out mate? stick out tongue

~*Je t'aime Andrew. Pouquoi ne peux pas tu voir cela*~

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:32 AM
Morningstar is currently offline Click here to Send Morningstar a Private Message Find more posts by Morningstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i just think that scene is sad ... sad not sad as in cheesy but crying sad ... and no i didn't cry at it

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 09:11 AM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

i was well p'ed off when i seen him die lol i quite liked Haldir in the books, but it was a very good scene and i wouldn't take it out, even if it isn't in the books.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 02:19 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i thought the scene was done really well to ..

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 02:21 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

quote:
Originally posted by Morningstar
Hmm does that count u out mate? stick out tongue

Discos - blech

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 03:17 PM
Thorondor
Love?

you opened yourself up for that discos stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 03:17 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

mech I dont need to argue how my knowledge vastly exceeds a fair number of people on this forum.

I dont brag about it, but throw in my 2-cent every "now and again" stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 03:20 PM
Morningstar
-Nous tout meurt un jour-

quote:
mech I dont need to argue how my knowledge vastly exceeds a fair number of people on this forum.

I dont brag about it, but throw in my 2-cent every "now and again" stick out tongue

laughing

~*Je t'aime Andrew. Pouquoi ne peux pas tu voir cela*~

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 10:47 PM
Morningstar is currently offline Click here to Send Morningstar a Private Message Find more posts by Morningstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

"am so smart.....so smarter than you....Hibert" - comic book guy

anyways, Haldirs death sounded better in the books,

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 12:26 PM
Exabyte

quote:
anyways, Haldirs death sounded better in the books,

erm

It definitely did
Because it didn't exist in the book ... and anything is better than Haldir's death roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 12:38 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote