KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Haldir's Death

Haldir's Death
Started by: LegolasLuva

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

meh, I would rather see the battle of Lorien as well in which Haldir protects yes

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 03:19 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Arroch
erm

It definitely did
Because it didn't exist in the book ... and anything is better than Haldir's death roll eyes (sarcastic)

a conundrum Arroch???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:29 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morningstar
-Nous tout meurt un jour-

^ agreed big grin

~*Je t'aime Andrew. Pouquoi ne peux pas tu voir cela*~

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 10:47 PM
Morningstar is currently offline Click here to Send Morningstar a Private Message Find more posts by Morningstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

a what what erm

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 12:51 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naib
Come and get me!

conundrum: a difficult problem

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 04:40 PM
Naib is currently offline Click here to Send Naib a Private Message Find more posts by Naib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I know what it is I am wondering how it is a difficult problem to film Haldir's death...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 01:58 PM
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Until i truly studied LOTR (after seeing ROTK and starting my obsession) I didnt really think Haldir dying was all that sad, but the last time i watched TTT i about died crying. The same with Boromir in FOTR

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 03:32 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

why didnt you cry when Madril died, or a gondor soldier, or a couple of stable boys at helms deep no

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 05:13 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i thought that bit was sad when they were taking them to prepare for the battle... sad but funny when that old geeza shot that urak which started the battle of smile

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 07:19 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by ladygrim
but funny when that old geeza shot that urak which started the battle of smile

That "old geeza" was called Aldor roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

I think the saddest death in TT was of this elf we never saw alive... he was lying dead in the background... probably nobody noticed him... he looked SO sad I mean, maybe he had a family at home, waiting for him to come back... and nobody will be able to tell them that he is dead because nobody saw him dying...

Haldir, yergh, he's just stupid

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 07:45 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i don't really need to now his name i just thought it was funny

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 08:25 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
That "old geeza" was called Aldor roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

I think the saddest death in TT was of this elf we never saw alive... he was lying dead in the background... probably nobody noticed him... he looked SO sad I mean, maybe he had a family at home, waiting for him to come back... and nobody will be able to tell them that he is dead because nobody saw him dying...

Haldir, yergh, he's just stupid

Aldor the weak...

Yes, I remember seeing that dead elf with the cold eyes that stared at nothing...his last thoughts before he died were probably:

"Lo! the hour is come when I face death. But with a noble heart I shall not die in vain. Sad will be then for those whom I love, for they will not know of my fate until it is too late."

Haldir however, and I firmly believe this; a great warrior we are led to believe yet died tragically as if he were a novice child put forth before the fray whose legs quake and his heart tremble...could they not have choreographed a better ending???

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 04:08 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

where at the two towers was this death, the book perhaps roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:45 PM
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Discos

not there...he never left lothlorien or lorien or the forest of the white lady or something like that..

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:46 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

am confused confused

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:48 PM
Fëanor

i confuse myself

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:51 PM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Fëanor
Yes, I remember seeing that dead elf with the cold eyes that stared at nothing...

could they not have choreographed a better ending???

Yea, he has such a sad expression in his face... so... empty... searching... sad

There's also this boy in the scene before the battle of the Hornburg starts
you can hardly see his face... but you see how afraid he is, though he tries to hide it under his masque, his helmet
He probably died and again nobody would have noticed it

Haldir's death was so - unnecessary sick and rather wrong-placed I think

quote:
Originally posted by Discos

Didn't we already have exactly the same one page ago laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

-
quote:
--anyways, Haldirs death sounded better in the books

--[...] it didn't exist in the book

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 09:37 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:

Yea, he has such a sad expression in his face... so... empty... searching... sad

There's also this boy in the scene before the battle of the Hornburg starts
you can hardly see his face... but you see how afraid he is, though he tries to hide it under his masque, his helmet
He probably died and again nobody would have noticed it

Haldir's death was so - unnecessary sick and rather wrong-placed I think

Didn't we already have exactly the same one page ago laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

-

it was...in your words wrong placed...

i don't even think he died in the book...all that we know is that he saw the fellowship off on their little boats...

*goes off to look for the boy*

was it the one who calls himself Haleth son of Hama??

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 09:47 PM
Exabyte

I also don't think he died - why should he? Well maybe he did, later, in the battles of Eastern Lórien erm

The only positive aspect about his death in the film - lovely Quenya text in the background soundtrack big grin from Galadriel's Ailaurie-song smile
quote:
Originally posted by Fëanor
was it the one who calls himself Haleth son of Hama??

No, I dont think so,
He didn't have a name, just another soldier among all the others

Im not sure if that's him but I think so -

Attachment:
This has been downloaded 73 time(s).

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 10:04 PM
Fëanor

yes it is him...haleth that is...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 10:05 PM