KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]

Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]
Started by: Ass Goblin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (156): « First ... « 154 155 [156]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tracygarrett
Ravenclaw

Alright, so here is my theory on Snape:

Snape is good. Remember in the beginning chapter when Snape and Narcissa make the unbreakable vow for Snape to protect Draco and to finish the job if Draco doesn't? Well, I think Snape was able to do that because he and Dumbledore had already made an unbreakable vow for Snape to also protect Draco and to UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW DRACO TO KILL HIM and so Snape had to promise to kill Dumbledore, should the situation ever arise. And he was able to do this b/c nothing in the second vow contradicted anything in the one he made with Dumbledore.

Also, I think Snape is a double agent death eater/member of the order b/c he can do occulemency. We all know he is very accomplished at this...perhaps even so accomplished that even Lord Voldemort can not penetrate his mind! He can meet with the death eaters (block his mind in case any of them are legilimens) and report back to the order.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 11:02 PM
tracygarrett is currently offline Click here to Send tracygarrett a Private Message Find more posts by tracygarrett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Al-Malik

i know..exactly what i was thinkin because i dont see dumbledore as someone goin out like that it just seemed to wierd and "untrue". I think dumbledore did it to save malfoy or w/e..but im sure it has sumething to do with malfoy. Im not sure about this one but i think dumbledore already served his purpose really like all books...they just show you the door but never go through it with you(if you know what i mean)...but my point is that he and snape know that he's gonna be a portrait after he dies or w/e so it wasnt that big of a deal with him dying and all because he alread kinda showed harry how to deafeat voldomort, but i dont know exactly how much power or influence he will have while being a portrait.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 05:02 PM
Al-Malik is currently offline Click here to Send Al-Malik a Private Message Find more posts by Al-Malik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Oh and another thing... i was looking for the gleam of triumph in the GOF, and i didnt remeber what page it was on, so i looked at a lot of pages. ANd i saw this.

on page 648. Could Voldemort be talking about Horcruxes? If he is, then that means all his death eaters know about the Horcruxes. And Dumbledore did say that he is wrong sometimes, so maybe he was wrong about Voldemort think he was the only one who knew about the Horcruxes?

He is referring to his Horcruxes; Dumbledore makes an allusion to this in book six.

However, the Death Eaters could simply know that he has taken steps towards immortality, but they may not know what the steps are, therefore, they may not know about the Horcruxes specifically. wink

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 05:57 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tracygarrett
Ravenclaw

Where is everyone?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 12:47 AM
tracygarrett is currently offline Click here to Send tracygarrett a Private Message Find more posts by tracygarrett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I checked and couldn't find a thread about this -- how is that even possible?? Anyway, the trailers look unbelievably epic, I really do think each movie gets better and better. To kick off the thread, I just wanted to give any fans a heads up that this weekend is the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family, and they will be showing sneak peaks of HBP stuff! Mostly I want to see more of the scenes with young Tom Riddle... even the trailers creep me out. That kid they found is fantastic.

In case anyone plans to watch the movies on TV, the schedule is:

Friday @ 7:30: Sorcerer's Stone
Saturday @ 5:00: Chamber of Secrets
Saturday @ 9:00: Prisoner of Azkaban
Sunday @ 7:30: Goblet of Fire

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 06:39 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Harry potter has its own section btw.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 11:08 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

Ack, thanks. I did a search and everything, and was so confused that I couldn't find it!

Edit: Thanks for moving this!

Last edited by ariwin on Dec 5th, 2008 at 02:07 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 01:56 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I read they are removing alot of the flashbacks and only keeping when dumbledore meets riddle, and when slughorn tells riddle about the horcruxes. Also, dumbledore's funeral and the Battle of Hogwarts are being completely removed.

But it's okay, because they are expanding upon the whole Ron/Lavender Brown story. no expression

Stupid movies.

Sig by Scribble

Last edited by Quincy on Dec 8th, 2008 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:27 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Quincy
I read they are removing alot of the flashbacks and only keeping when dumbledore meets riddle, and when slughorn tells riddle about the horcruxes. Also, dumbledore's funeral and the Battle of Hogwarts are being completely removed.

But it's okay, because they are expanding upon the whole Ron/Lavender Brown story. no expression

Stupid movies.

OMG you like Harry Potter too?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 04:11 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
OMG you like Harry Potter too?

Indeed I do.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 02:33 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Ah yes I can see the sense in removing Dumbledore's funeral, it wasn't like its a really important point in the story or a milestone representing the loss of protection of the protagonist, or the start of his true self-reliance...oh wait.

I hope they don't remove it, we'll see when it eventually comes out. smile

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 12:30 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Quincy
Indeed I do.

were even bigger buddies then
hypothetical high-five time!!!

sweet!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 06:37 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Aule
Ah yes I can see the sense in removing Dumbledore's funeral, it wasn't like its a really important point in the story or a milestone representing the loss of protection of the protagonist, or the start of his true self-reliance...oh wait.

I hope they don't remove it, we'll see when it eventually comes out. smile
it reunited everyone and set forth Harry,Ron,and Hermione's plan for the horcruxes
plus thats was when Harry broke up with Ginny

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 06:39 PM
Quincy
Debaser

were even bigger buddies then
hypothetical high-five time!!!

sweet!

BOOYA!

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 10:44 PM
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

it reunited everyone and set forth Harry,Ron,and Hermione's plan for the horcruxes
plus thats was when Harry broke up with Ginny

Ah I was being ironic, thus the "oh wait" at the end kinda like being "oh wait, it WAS all of those things I listed and it was very important. I was just trying to be smart/sarcastic.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 01:53 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
utsav

yea tht's nice question i think they all have forgot the Quidditch games and i have heard that dumbledor will die in this part. This part is gonna amazing waitng for the movie.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 10:17 AM
utsav is currently offline Click here to Send utsav a Private Message Find more posts by utsav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Third Trailer looks epic. Makes me like this movie. Me figures this movie will be better than the book (at least in my eyes. I wasn't a huge fan of book 6).

Here is the URL to the trailer.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/68383/mov...nce---trailer-3

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 02:09 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I love the trailer it rocks

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 07:10 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danis4ever

oh gosh it has been years since i last logged in.. i am so wayyyyy behind. sad

thanks for the link. smile

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 10:41 AM
danis4ever is currently offline Click here to Send danis4ever a Private Message Find more posts by danis4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote