KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]

Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]
Started by: Ass Goblin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (156): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nephalim27

Wasn't the title for book six official announced? I forgot what it was, but I didn't like the sound of it..

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 04:11 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
Who thinks that the Dementors might attempt to invade Hogwart's by means of a secret path which they discovered whilst commissioned there by the ministry... ? evil face

quote:
Umbridge evil face will assuredly return - this time in Voldemort's control! Grrrr I HATE that evil hag! mad

quote:
As I've already stated, I think that the Dementors will attack Hogwart's via a secret path and be repelled by DA. Umbridge will return, once again as a villlain evil face

Shaber I completely agree with you, that would kick @ss. rock
I can't wait until the next book comes out. reading
eek! I never thought of it but that Ron thing makes complete sense! eek!

And I hope Harry and Hermione hook up. yes

PEACE,
Kai

Last edited by Kai_Haider on Nov 14th, 2003 at 06:07 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 05:54 AM
Kai_Haider is currently offline Click here to Send Kai_Haider a Private Message Find more posts by Kai_Haider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
andyb44

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I don't know about a student becoming a teacher during their 7th year, unless Harry does something to earn it during his 6th year."

Well, let's look at Harry's record to Date while attending Hogwarts.

Defeated Voldemort in his first year.
Defeated Tom Riddle/Voldemort in his second year plus killing the basilisk.
Repelled a herd of Dementors and helped prove Sirius wasn't a murderer. Third Year.
Fourth Year Triwizard Champion, again survived Voldemort and helped expose the Deatheater at Hogwarts.
Fifth Year, Teaches Defense against the dark arts to his fellow students, leads a raid on the Ministry of Magic against a lot of powerful deatheaters.

And remember I siad in the 7th book, not 7th year, after he graduates Harry will need a job and he's stated any number of times in the books that Hogwarts is his home.
Harry will fail at becoming an Auror, Dumbledore will note the extensive work Harry has done in Defense Against the Dark Arts and by the end of the book after he's graduated Harry will be offered the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. And he will remain at that post for years.
Harry knows how to defend against the darkest of wizards, and he knows how to teach. AND he likes it! Remember the line in the fifth book that said something to the effect of how proud Harry was at the progress of his pupils in the DA?
Harry's a Teacher, he just doesn't know it yet. But I'd be willing to be that Dumbledore does.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 02:57 PM
andyb44 is currently offline Click here to Send andyb44 a Private Message Find more posts by andyb44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I AGREE IN HIM BECOMING THE DADA TEACHER! A TON OF SIGNS POINT THAT WAY AND I AGREE WITH ANDY!

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 03:23 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRIndy
Mischief Maker

Hi! I am new, just found this thread when I was looking for info on the new book, hope it comes out soon. I think I am a Harry-Potter adict. I wish Sirius hadn't died, I actually cried when I thought about Harry not having any family anymore. I reckoned he could have gone and live with his godfather in Grimmauld Place. Now I wish Lupin will care for Harry. I like him as well. By the way I liked book 5, especially the part when Harry is in Snape's memories.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 09:33 AM
JRIndy is currently offline Click here to Send JRIndy a Private Message Find more posts by JRIndy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I want to know more about James and Lily as well. I dunno about that Ron theory...HOWEVER........Hermoine and Harry will say Lord Voldemort's name and Ron will not........JK MIGHT have planned that...to lead to Ron falling into the wrong area.

I do think Neville will have to kill Voldemort.....b/c Harry got his mark from Lord V HOWEVER...he picked up some of his powers...so they can't really fight against each other.

AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE EXCEPT GINNY WILL BECOME AN ANIMAGI. She has TOO many clues...JK always describes her with cat like things.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 09:53 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kristina

Humm... I'm not sure whether Harry or Neville have to kill Voldemort at all!! But I do believe that if one of the guys ends up with Hermione it will be Ron. I reckon he already fancies Hermione in the fourth book, he was so angry with Krum (I bet he was jealous!), he gave Hermione Parfume for Christmas (not a silly book like Harry), he was kind of speechless when Hermy kissed him on his cheek, he asked Harry what Hermy liked about Krum, he called Krum names, he didn't wanted Hermy to talk with Krum... And after the "Snape's worst memory"-chapter Harry thought that Hermy and Ron arguing "remains him of Mr and Mrs Weasley" - Got it?!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:04 PM
Kristina is currently offline Click here to Send Kristina a Private Message Find more posts by Kristina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

i think ron'll end up with herm toobig grin i think they'll make a cute couple toobig grinbig grin

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:11 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Katie Bell

~That is true! Hermione and Ron or Harry and Hermione or Harry and Giiny. I thinking too much. LOL! I think anything can happen with them. I like the 5th book too. So anything can happen!~

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:52 PM
Katie Bell is currently offline Click here to Send Katie Bell a Private Message Find more posts by Katie Bell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

harry n hermoine...i dun think so...i hope not too...and i dun think i'd like the idea of harry with ginnysad haha...but i'm glad he's more or less over cho i can't STAND that blubbering underhanded fake
artificial -PEEP- (that word got censoredwink)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 10:51 AM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Ya know...I was always a Hermy/Ron shipper....but lately...it would make sense for JKR to put Hermy with Draco...JUST b/c it would contradict what Draco always preaches about mudbloods...IT WOULD BE A HUGE TWIST.............HUGE!!!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 02:47 PM
mrsharryjpotter

i definitely love book 5. for those of you that thought harry was a little too angry in this book..hey hes a teenager. it definitely happens. friends get you mad, school gets you stressed. its definitely not all fun and games anymore. youve gotta look at your future more. im surprised he didnt have a nervous break down!! i love how j k rowling made it as real as possible.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 10:51 PM
mrsharryjpotter is currently offline Click here to Send mrsharryjpotter a Private Message Find more posts by mrsharryjpotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antaraka
Antaraka Shinton

Now only if he could get over his first kiss...but I guess its possible my brother's a junior (17) and hardly had is....I always pictured it being Hermoine and Harry, not Ron. Also if by chance they do become Animugi, what form do you think they'll take?

Harry-Something of Stag, or Snake
Hermoine-Cat
Ron-Who the hell knows..not a spider though.

One last question, what will Harry's summer be like in the next book, im willing to bet atleast a good 150 pages ATLEAST.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:33 AM
Antaraka is currently offline Click here to Send Antaraka a Private Message Find more posts by Antaraka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

oooooooooooo i totally LOVED fred n george in bk 5!!!!!all hail to the weasley twins!!!!!! when i read it i was laughin my ass off and when fred was like, "give her hell frm us,Peeves" i was like...(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 04:52 AM
andyb44

I think the sixth book will start out with Harry still mourning Sirius and he'll become distant from Hermione and Ron. He'll realize just how much he risked with his fool-hardy "rescue" missions. He could very well have gotten them all killed..
Malfoy, on orders of Voldemort or his father will attempt to draw Ron away from Harry, by offering him what he doesn't have. Mayfoy and Ron will set a trap for Harry probably in Hogsmeade.
They'll hold him prisoner until Voldemort can get there to kill Harry.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 04:46 PM
andyb44 is currently offline Click here to Send andyb44 a Private Message Find more posts by andyb44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

JK already said that Harry, Hermoine, and Ron weren't going to become animagi, but interesting thought about Ginny becoming one. Of course, it says that becoming an animagi is extremely difficult and it took the Marauders years to accomplish it, so Ginny better start practicing. Malfoy would have to do something that would make Ron think he "might not be so bad," and then buy him a firebolt or something. That would probably turn Ron into a Malfoy follower. But for Ron to intentionally harm Harry, he would have to get in a fight with Harry or he would have to be controlled by Voldy. None of this sounds likely, but these books are very surprising so i wouldn't rule out the possiblility.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:46 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
andyb44

Well, when you think about it it kind of makes sense.
Voldemort co-opted Pettigrew to get to Harry in the first place. And he had to be a trusted friend for the Potters to make him their secret keeper.
Remember, that during the cold war the US got it's best intelligence from people who were all ready working in the Kremlin just the same as the USSR got it's best intelligence from people working for the US government.
Voldemort wants to kill Harry, what better way than to co-opt his best friend? And of the three, Ron is the weak link. He craves a better life, he's embarrassed that his family is not well off financially. And Ron is a follower. He's not the brightest kid in the world either and that along with his other character flaws make him a great person for Voldemort(or his agents(Malfoy)) to target him to get to Harry.
Though I'm sure that if it does happen, Rowling will use the Imperious curse to explain Ron's treachery.

Last edited by andyb44 on Nov 18th, 2003 at 06:57 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 06:51 PM
Antaraka
Antaraka Shinton

Well in the sixth book, I think maybe just maybe some odd circumstances will come where Harry really fights Malfoy till something serious happens. Or Malfoy backs off. I think Harry will miraculously get an O on his O.W.L.s and well take potions with snape, cuz well think about it ppl, shes made snape into such a huge character in the books, and she wont drop him. It'd be like dropping Mgonagal or Dumbledore. Another thing will happen, is they'll get a good Defence against the Dark Arts, and if they're really lucky they'll get Lupin...da'd be cool. Lupin again..

I do wonder about Gwarp though...Gwarp is cool

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 02:02 AM
Antaraka is currently offline Click here to Send Antaraka a Private Message Find more posts by Antaraka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No0ne
WOo, HP

Hey, I'm new here, recent and just came out of the oven big grin. But as I was not saying . . . I have seen the *cover* of the sixth book. I forgot the place where it was, but it was from the UK edition, and it said : Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch. It had a pic of Harry holding a toch and then two wizards, Dumbledore and/or Fudge in a staricase while Harry was like running holding a torch on his hand. I dunno, but that's a bit too obvious, but who knows?

Harry/Hermione is just wrong
Harry/Ginny can happen
Harry/Luna is the best!

Ron/Hermione is good
Ron/Luna, do?
Ron/Ginny is just wrong
Ron/Malfoy is just hot!

Hermione/Ron is OK
Hermione/Harry is blech!
Hermione/Ginnyis dumb
Hermione/Luna is numb!

Dumbledore/Harry is wrong!
Dobby/Harry is horrible and dumb!
Filch/Harry is disgusting
and so are Snape's cousins

with mustard and cheese!?

Harry/Hermione sucks
Harry/Ron is just wrong!
Harry/Ginny can happen
Harry/Malfoy would do it in a ladder!
But Harry/Luna is my own wink

Hermione/Ron is good
Hermione/Malfoy is better
Hermione/Ginny can't go
Hermione/Luna, do?
Hermione/Harry is wrong
Hermione/Snape. . . lol

Ron and Hermione
sitting in a tree
S-Q-U-I-D

Bad boys are my crush wink
Bad girls are my best friends
Smart guys are my liability
Smart girls my enemies

Once upon a day, Hermione went to Grimauld Place, there she saw Sirius, she went to hug him and kiss him and then he said " Guess what? I'm not dead! big grin

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 02:31 AM
No0ne is currently offline Click here to Send No0ne a Private Message Find more posts by No0ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antaraka
Antaraka Shinton

Why is Everyone disgusted by Harry/Hermoine?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 03:13 AM