KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 3-on-3 Marvel Tournament

3-on-3 Marvel Tournament
Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
azndrgn

Just an aside, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should set up the matches? I could randomly draw 2 teams at a time to make a match or I could try to give seeding to each team and then have Seed 1 against 16, 2 against 15, etc.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:08 PM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BootlegBoys420

we pick team 10.They all are good though.

WE RUN THESE STREETS!!!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 07:49 PM
BootlegBoys420 is currently offline Click here to Send BootlegBoys420 a Private Message Find more posts by BootlegBoys420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Ok guys, here's the final roster. The teams are listed in order of the seeding I tried to give them. I would appreciate any comments as to changes that should be made to the seedings before the tournament gets underway since the 1st round matches will be paired by seeding. Thanks

1. Sabertooth, The Blob, Magneto
2. Wolverine, Colossus, Jean Grey
3. Black Panther, Thor, Scarlet Witch
4. Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Woman
5. Captain America, She-Hulk, Vision
6. Hawkeye, Wonder Man, Ironman
7. Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Polaris
8. Nightcrawler, Rogue, Storm
9. Deathlok, Hulk, Spider-man
10. Toad, Juggernaut, Pyro
11. Shatterstar, Warpath, Cable
12. Quicksilver, Warbird, Firestar
13. Demogoblin, Carnage, Shriek
14. Hobgoblin, Venom, Mysterio
15. Dr. Octupus, Rhino, Electro
16. Bishop, Beast, Cyclops

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 09:31 PM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Seeding?
what the hell does that mean?
random draw or something?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 09:33 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordFear
Seeding?
what the hell does that mean?
random draw or something?

Take the NCAA b-ball tournament for example. Each region has 16 teams competing. The 16 teams are basically ranked from 1 = BEST to 16 = worst. Then the 1st round matches are set up by having #1 vs #16, 2 vs 15, 3 vs 14, 4 vs 13, 5 vs 12, 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9. It's basically set up that way so the worst teams get knocked out early and the best teams end up competing, but there are the occasional upsets.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 09:38 PM
azndrgn

So LordFear, you apply the same principle from the explanation I used for the bball tournament to the 3-on-3 tournament we're trying to do.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:01 PM
LordFear

I am in your debt, my good man!!!
LOl
I follow very little collegiate sports.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:06 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

I am in your debt, my good man!!!
LOl
I follow very little collegiate sports.

No prob. I would like people to say whether or not they agree with the seedings so I don't screw some teams out of winning

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:14 PM
LordFear

the only problem is determining accurately who are the powerhouse teams and the weakess link teams.
A lot of debate would break out just out of that determination

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:16 PM
azndrgn

the only problem is determining accurately who are the powerhouse teams and the weakess link teams.
A lot of debate would break out just out of that determination

Hehe, that's true. The opening round matchups seem fair so far...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:18 PM
azndrgn

VERY soon I'll post the matches. I don't think this tournament will pose a problem with the others since it's short

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 04:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

My cpu's been giving me trouble, so I haven't posted in a couple days, but I'd love to be in the tourney...if we get to vote, I'd vote for completely random drawings for who gets which team...it'd make us think on our feet a bit more, and it wouldn't be "first come first serve" for some of the stronger teams.

-DM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Originally posted by DigiMark007
My cpu's been giving me trouble, so I haven't posted in a couple days, but I'd love to be in the tourney...if we get to vote, I'd vote for completely random drawings for who gets which team...it'd make us think on our feet a bit more, and it wouldn't be "first come first serve" for some of the stronger teams.

-DM

Thanks for the input. I'll probably being posting the battles sometime this weekend. Kinda busy w/ other stuff

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:52 AM