KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » General Zod vs. the Hulk

General Zod vs. the Hulk
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The heck? You specifically said that "Any comic book expert would say that Superman and Hulk are pretty evenly matched in strength" How the heck that reasoning conclude that Hulk is (initially) stronger than Superman.

I think it's quite the opposite in this forum. Everyone hates Supes here.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:15 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

I was talking to King Burger. Try replying to one post at a time. A fight is not a contest of strength. There is no way in hell Hulk can beat Superman Prime. He's too powerful.

Hulk's strength is defined as over 100 tons. Hulk is said to have "the strength of a thousand armies" initially. That's roughly 10-100 thousand tons. Hulk has closed earthquake fissures with his bare hands in a clam state. A tectonic plate weighs alot more than 100 tons.

Everyone hates Superman? Not true at all. Everyone either loves Superman, or drastically overestimates him. It's just that the few who don't like Superman tend to stand out. This is evident in every poll.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:38 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Superman is immensely more popular than Hulk. Most Superman fans (who drastically outnumber Hulk's) think Superman is stronger than Hulk. That is an opinion. Not a fact. Any comic book expert would say that Superman and Hulk are pretty evenly matched in strength, or that Hulk was the stronger.

So no. Superman is not stronger than Hulk.

Maybe Superman is more popular than Hulk generally, but Marvel
Comics is bigger than DC, so in case of cross-overs, they can
have Hulk stand up to Superman.

Remember their first (?) meeting, Hulk kept punching at Superman,
and Superman was unmoved. This cross-over took place at a time
when Marvel wasn't that much bigger than Dc (if they were at all
then), so they couldn't necessarily get their way in making Hulk
Superman's equal.

In later years, they could, and did.

But anyway, this thread is about Generla Zod, not Superman. I
say Zod wins. Even if he is equal to (not stronger than)
Superman, he'd still win.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:39 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hulk's strength is defined as over 100 tons. Hulk is said to have "the strength of a thousand armies" initially. That's roughly 10-100 thousand tons. Hulk has closed earthquake fissures with his bare hands in a clam state. A tectonic plate weighs alot more than 100 tons.

Please explain how an one "army" equals 10-100 tons?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:41 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Unfortunately DC comics is too lazy to make profiles. That would be REALLY helpful.

Superman has lifted a US Carrier in the air, halted the moon's descent, and even managed to move the Earth a few inches. (using Mount Everest as leverage) His strength is debatable.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:42 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

I have never said any such thing. It would be very difficult for Hulk to beat normal Superman (though he certainly could,) much less an "omnipotent" Superman.

Liar!
I distinctly remember your (rather ridiculous) posts about the Hulk being stronger than Superman Prime (goodness), about the Hulk been able to lift 1(plus 21 zeros) tons, and such idiocy on the Hulk vs Superman Prime thread.
Superman PRIME!!!!!!
And in there you state the following gems of logic (sarcasm off):

- In any contest of pure strength, Hulk wins.
- His strength could go from 1,000 tons straight to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons in no time, flat, and continue to rise as the stressor increases, not as the time passes. (One of your more ridiculous statements)
- I know Marvel doesnt specify Hulk's base strength is. It could be 150 tons, or it could be 150,000 tons or more. You don't know what Hulk's strength "starts out at." No one does. (Erm ...actually Marvel does. Base strength for the Green Hulk in a calm state is 70 tons, base strength in an agitated state is 100 tons. And that is from Marvel).
-
Hulk can't go from 100 to 10 x 10^16 tons in the blink of an eye? Who are you to say so? Do you have any evidence proving that he can't, or are you ASSUMING that he can't?
(Another of the more ridiculous statements. You make a fallacious assertions, and then instead of YOU proving it right you tell someone ELSE to prove you wrong!?! Pathetic reasoning! Especially coming from the person who used to claim Wolverine could lift 25 tons!!!!!)
- Pre-crisis Superman blew away A SOLAR SYSTEM with a sneeze, let's get that straight. Superman Prime does not possess such outrageous abilities. Disintegration isn't allowed; this isn't a fight. Hulk is or can become stronger than both. (This has to be the most ridiculous one! Superman Prime was made by DC to be the most powerful Superman ever. In JLA 1 Million they state that he has powers beyond comprehension, powers even transcending time and space. And more power than anyone who has come before. In their words, he had " powers far beyond any held by any metahuman ever ....powers gleaned from the very edge of time and space." And this was before he even went into the sun for his thousand year sleep! Yet to say PRe-Crisis Superman is stronger than Prime! Ludicrous).

Let me stop here and say this.
You are definitely not the person to be talking about Superman (any Superman variant) since you simply do not know anything about the character.
You are also not the person to be talking about the Hulk (since you are prone to juvenile exageration, which makes you state abilities that only exist in your mind).
And on this tangent, you should also probably not even be speaking about Wolverine and Spiderman (since you have stated in past posts that they can both lift 25 tons, when Spiderman is limited to 10 tons, and Wolverine far far less than that).

However I'd love to know where you come up with all of these ridiculous statements from. I'd love to read the comic books you read, since it seems they are different from the ones that DC and Marvel print. After all, if YOUR comics Spiderman can lift 25 tons, and Superman Prime is weaker than Pre-Crisis Superman!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:49 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Don't call me a liar. I said Hulk is stronger than Superman Prime. I never said he could beat him. Get your facts straight. Make up your f*cking mind. You're contradicting yourself. "Superman Prime is made to be the most powerful Superman ever." Who is stronger Prime or Pre-Crisis?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:56 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

hulks strenght can go to infinity how do you compare with that???

does that mean he will beat prime? the answer so NO

hulk base streght is not even close to prime but he can get there accoring to Hulk Bio lol

so cosmic cube is right in that sence

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:00 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by King Burger
Please explain how an one "army" equals 10-100 tons?

Lets say there are roughly 1000 men in an army. Each of them can lift 200lbs (minimum.) that's about 200,000 pounds per army. Thats at least 1000 tons per army. Do the math.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:02 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The statement is faulty. It's just a metaphorical quote not fact. Superman has been said to more powerful than a gravity pull of a neutron star. That statement is faulty as well.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:04 AM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by spetznaz

- In any contest of pure strength, Hulk wins.
- His strength could go from 1,000 tons straight to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons in no time, flat, and continue to rise as the stressor increases, not as the time passes. (One of your more ridiculous statements)
- I know Marvel doesnt specify Hulk's base strength is. It could be 150 tons, or it could be 150,000 tons or more. You don't know what Hulk's strength "starts out at." No one does. (Erm ...actually Marvel does. Base strength for the Green Hulk in a calm state is 70 tons, base strength in an agitated state is 100 tons. And that is from Marvel).
-
Hulk can't go from 100 to 10 x 10^16 tons in the blink of an eye? Who are you to say so? Do you have any evidence proving that he can't, or are you ASSUMING that he can't?
(Another of the more ridiculous statements. You make a fallacious assertions, and then inste...

Blah, blah, blah.

Such passion. So Wrong. You confuse marveldirectory.com with marvel.com. Marveldirectory.com is a FANSITE created by some guy who obviously knows nothing about Hulk. Marvel has never specified Hulk's strength. Go to www.marvel.com, and get a clue.

Spiderman and Wolverine fall in the same strength class. That class spans from 800lbs to 25 tons. Hulk's strength can certainly jump from 1000 to 10x10^16, instantly. When Molecule Man dropped the mountain on Hulk, he did not give him time to get angry. Hulk instantly had the strength to LIFT (not brace) the mountain. Hulk's strength is limitless. You and countless others should come to grips with it.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Mar 23rd, 2005 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:14 AM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by Draco69
The statement is faulty. It's just a metaphorical quote not fact. Superman has been said to more powerful than a gravity pull of a neutron star. That statement is faulty as well.

When has Superman has been said to more powerful than a gravity pull of a neutron star (besides in the poem, "superman".) The quote I provided is directly from Hulk's marvel.com profile.

Perhaps it is faulty. However, Hulk can lift far more than 100 tons, even in a calm state. He has proven this.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:22 AM
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
When Molecule dropped the mountain on Hulk, he did not give him time to get angry. Hulk instantly had the strength to LIFT (not brace) the mountain. Hulk's strength is limitless. You and countless others should come to grips with it.

Come on Cosmic Cube, that incident was bulls***, and you now
it!

No way Hulk can lift 150 billion tons.

And Draco69 was right. That "armies" statement was not meant
to be taken literally.

Anyway, back to Zod. Zod beats Hulk.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:22 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

How is it bullshit when his bio says his strength is limitless???
What the definition of limitless to have no limit

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:27 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Come on Cosmic Cube, that incident was bulls***, and you now
it!

And Draco69 was right. That "armies" statement was not meant
to be taken literally.

Anyway, back to Zod. Zod beats Hulk.

No way Hulk can lift 150 billion tons? Why? The writers said he could, just as Superman was written to lift a planet. Why is it bullshit? Is it because you want it to be bullshit? Why shouldn't the statement be taken literally? Simply because Draco says so? Hulk has destroyed planetoids twice earths size. He has overcome the matter antimatter attraction. He has thrown a gem to the center of the earth. His strength is limitless. He can and has lifted more than 150 billion tons. Saying that Hulk lifting 150 billion tons is bs is like saying that Superman moving the moon is bs. Hulk never gets the respect he deserves.

I agree. Zod wins.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Mar 23rd, 2005 at 04:32 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:29 AM
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, Superman moving a planet is also bs, since it would mean
that his flight power is stronger than a planet's movement.

But even if one supposed that Hulk can lift 150 billion tons, how
could he have reached that level in the second or two it took
that mountain to fall on them?

And even if he did reach that level in an instant. Lifting something
from the ground, is different form holding it when it falls on you.

You can probably lift up an average tv set, but what do you think
would happen to you if I dropped that same tv set on top of you
from, say, 100 feet in the air?

And Hulk gets more than enough respect. Especially with this
"the angrier he gets..." nonesense.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:36 AM
Cosmic Cube

It isn't nonsense.

Hell If a 6'2", 225 pound alien wearing blue tights who can fly and lift a planet isn't nonsense, nothing is.

Hulk lifting anything is well within his character. "The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets." That's Hulks only power. It is the only thing that distinguishes him for say, The Thing, or any other strong guy. So, no. It isn't bullshit. It's the character Marvel created. It's not like Hulk is omnipotent, limitless strength does not equal victory. Hulk gets respect from a few guys on this forum. Most of them feel just like you do.

This is a comic book forum. No disrespect, but if you want to see realism, next time you're at a magazine shop, pick up an issue of the New York Times instead.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 05:07 AM
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

General Zod would win.

Not only does he have all of Clark's powers, but he has something that Clark doesn't have: ruthlessness and a killer instinct.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 05:21 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was it General Zod who flew into sups ass and died from the impact?
I only have a few recent issues of Superman and this was one of them, I saw the guy fly into supes ass and die.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 08:27 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Zod makes Hulk kneel before him.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:13 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote