KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Tick vs Thing

The Tick vs Thing
Started by: Fanboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fanboy

The Tick vs Thing

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/tick.htm Here are there profiles from a website http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/thing.htm I suggest you should read them before you judge but if you would like to judge first but I say tick wins but I would like your opinions and does anyone know where I can find Tick comics I have only seen one and it rocked.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:40 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The Tick Rules!!! I'm too much of a fanboy for The Tick to be taken seriously, so even though I'd vote for him, it probably doesn't count.

...from the link above...so funny I felt the need to copy/paste it...

"The Tick could very well be insane. It is highly unlikely that he is an actual tick. He's too big. He's blue. He occasionally forms completed sentences. He has a face, and he has pockets. None of these traits are particularly tick-like. But the fact remains that he is in possession of some highly unusual abilities and physiological "quirks".

The sum total of these abilities and quirks are referred to clinically as "Super-hero-ness." The Tick has Super-hero-ness in spades. He is extremely powerful; no known limit has been established for his physical strength. He has lifted cars, toppled giant Ninga effigies, destroyed theme parks, hurled monoliths way up into the air -- all very impressive! In addition, he appears to possess a condition known as Nigh-Invulnerability. We don't exactly known what the term means, but it sounds right. He has proven himself very resistant to conventional harms. He seems impervious to bullets, mortar shells, hammers, farm equipment, tomahawks, clever insults, erosion, explosive decompression and most of the kicks and stings of the material world."

-DM

P.S. Not sure where to obtain more Tick comics, but the old animated series (and to a lesser extent, the recent live-action series...though it was short lived) also did an amazing job of keeping the spirit of the comics intact. If you get the chance to see-read-etc anything on The Tick, I would reccomend it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:49 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tick is super agile,nigh invulnerable on a superman level, vastly superstrong, and insane.
He wins by knockout.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 01:49 AM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

I'm inclined to say the tick, just due to the fact that he is probably stronger and indestructable.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:15 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

No way of stopping the Tick especially when he possesses the Pez Dispenser of Graveness.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 01:06 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
The Tick Rules!!! I'm too much of a fanboy for The Tick to be taken seriously, so even though I'd vote for him, it probably doesn't count.

Same here.

nay!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 01:19 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN!!!!

*ahem*....... tick wins......

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:41 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote