KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battle of The Sexes; 4

Battle of The Sexes; 4
Started by: laydiiplayette

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
i understand, but...

firstly...

the green goblin and doctor octopus were always far greater enemies of spidey... and closer to being his nemesis than venom ever was...

and secondly... venom is on our actual team...

surely that cant be allowed?

Firstly, why can't it be allowed? Spiderman has fought Venom, and they are on the same team, Emma Frost has fought Storm, and they are on the same team. I don't see what the problem is? Secondly, I never said that they were the greatest enemies, but when i asked other people that aren't really into comic books or spiderman, they either said Venom, or the Black Spiderman guy (Allene is so stupid).

Yeah, twice is nice, but three times is just right.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:47 AM
laydiiplayette is currently offline Click here to Send laydiiplayette a Private Message Find more posts by laydiiplayette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

but colossus has been hurt by plasma and acid type attacks in n the past why is this different?? joker has the acid flour is one of the deadliest villians and doesn't he carry around different types of dangerous gasses??

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 12:12 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by laydiiplayette
Firstly, why can't it be allowed? Spiderman has fought Venom, and they are on the same team, Emma Frost has fought Storm, and they are on the same team. I don't see what the problem is? Secondly, I never said that they were the greatest enemies, but when i asked other people that aren't really into comic books or spiderman, they either said Venom, or the Black Spiderman guy (Allene is so stupid).

cos of the cartoon...

and you should be asking people who read comics... this is a comic debate isnt it?

and venom is one of ours... having him as an enemy is ridiculous imo... we can choose him for matches, its wrong imo that he should be an enemy at all...

Originally posted by stormfront13
but colossus has been hurt by plasma and acid type attacks in n the past why is this different?? joker has the acid flour is one of the deadliest villians and doesn't he carry around different types of dangerous gasses??

cos its the joker... batman can take him... its a flower that shoots acid, easily dodged, and gasses wont hurt colossus, he doesnt breathe in metal form...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 04:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Guys:
Batman - Venom
Spiderman - Mikhail Rasputin
Colossus - Joker

Each battle will be a one on one fight, with no prep time. Lets see who will win.

With no prep time Joker can't hurt Colossus at all

I need info on Rasputin as i don't know anything about him

Batman...... hmm...... i would like to argue for him but i can't see him beating Venom without prep time

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:32 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

just did a quick search....... seems Rasputin is something of a teleporter.... Spidey beats him as whenever he pops up his spider sense will warn him to dodge....... after a couple of pops spidey will knock him out

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:41 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

so the guys win 2 out of 3? what about the women?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:46 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Girls:
Rogue - Mantis
Scarlet Witch - Lady Deathstrike
Vindicator - Mystique

give me a link to Mantis

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

mantis seems like a special one alright...

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=453

she took down thor...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:10 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=453

seems like a female Captain America but can also control plants..... weird

How did she beat Thor?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

shes a master of exploiting pressure points...

quote:
Known Superhuman Powers: Thanks to her training by the Priests of Paine, Mantis had "complete control" over her body. Her agility was as great as any woman without superhuman powers could achieve. She was also capable of willing herself to recuperate quickly after being injured.

Mantis had extraordinary ability in the martial arts that have been developed and perfected over thousands of years by the Priests of Pama. These fighting methods place particular emphasis on the manipulation of pressure points and nerve endings on the bodies of one's opponents. Thus, by knowing the right areas of the body to strike, Mantis could stun even a being as powerful as Thor even though she herself had no superhuman strength.

Mantis had an empathic ability which enabled her to sense the emotions of others, which she felt as psychic "vibrations."

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:14 PM
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

cos of the cartoon...

and you should be asking people who read comics... this is a comic debate isnt it?

and venom is one of ours... having him as an enemy is ridiculous imo... we can choose him for matches, its wrong imo that he should be an enemy at all...

cos its the joker... batman can take him... its a flower that shoots acid, easily dodged, and gasses wont hurt colossus, he doesnt breathe in metal form...

I know, but the whole point is not to ask people who are totally immersed in the comic book genre, I asked people that didn't really know that much about it because they would just say the first person that came to mind. I mean, if you were to ask someone who was really into spiderman, they might say uh... Medusa or Doc Ock or Lizard or Mysterio, but that might not be because it was the first person that came to mind, it would be because they really liked that villain or something. I also chose him because personally, the first time I saw him, I thought of him as a paradigm of Spiderman. I don't see why you are throwing such a fit about 2 teammates fighting, if you have watched Battle of the Sexes or any of the RW VS RR challenges, there have been multiples fights, both physical and verbal.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:21 PM
laydiiplayette is currently offline Click here to Send laydiiplayette a Private Message Find more posts by laydiiplayette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know, but the whole point is not to ask people who are totally immersed in the comic book genre, I asked people that didn't really know that much about it because they would just say the first person that came to mind. I mean, if you were to ask someone who was really into spiderman, they might say uh... Medusa or Doc Ock or Lizard or Mysterio, but that might not be because it was the first person that came to mind, it would be because they really liked that villain or something. I also chose him because personally, the first time I saw him, I thought of him as a paradigm of Spiderman. I don't see why you are throwing such a fit about 2 teammates fighting, if you have watched Battle of the Sexes or any of the RW VS RR challenges, there have been multiples fights, both physical and verbal.

My qualm is about venom being one of our remaining heroes... if he wasnt i would have no problem...

forgive me but what is RW VS RR?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:24 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

ok then.....

Mantis beats Rogue through skill
Witch would probably beat Deathstrike......(big metal fingernails..... right?)
Mystique would beat Vindicator through skill and trickery

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:25 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

forgive me but what is RW VS RR?

i was wondering that too

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:26 PM
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

Real World versus Road Rules Challenge is a reality television show that airs every monday night at 10 pm. It takes former participants from the popular Real World and Road Rules reality television shows, and pits them against each other in a series of physical and mental tests. Each time there is a different catch, whether it is the inferno where people challenge on other person from the opposite team to see who stays in the game, or just a clean vote. Each time there are different teams, sometimes it is just guys versus girls, or road rules versus real world, or good guys versus bad guys.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Real World versus Road Rules Challenge is a reality television show that airs every monday night at 10 pm. It takes former participants from the popular Real World and Road Rules reality television shows, and pits them against each other in a series of physical and mental tests. Each time there is a different catch, whether it is the inferno where people challenge on other person from the opposite team to see who stays in the game, or just a clean vote. Each time there are different teams, sometimes it is just guys versus girls, or road rules versus real world, or good guys versus bad guys.

ok... i've only watched it like once... and MTV doesnt show it over here anymore...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:25 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

i've never even heard of that

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:31 PM
stormfront13

i think the girls win- they can win all their matches- rogue can stay out of mantis's reach and then hit her full force or something like that. and no way is mystique beating vindicator. and scarlet witch can affect adamantium so i say she wins cause she is also really powerful and can do something painful to deathstrkie through adamantium

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:33 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by stormfront13
i think the girls win- they can win all their matches- rogue can stay out of mantis's reach and then hit her full force or something like that. and no way is mystique beating vindicator. and scarlet witch can affect adamantium so i say she wins cause she is also really powerful and can do something painful to deathstrkie through adamantium

rogue has to get close to hit her... and her speed is nothing special...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:38 PM