KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » R.A. Salvatore

R.A. Salvatore
Started by: sai12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sai12
its all in my head

Yeah, it would be amazing if they made a movie out of the books. I agree that Drizzt has gotten "soft" in these last few books. I remember him kicking major ass back in the day. But I suppose emotionally he was pretty messed up in the Hunters Blade trilogy.

So when did everyone start reading R.A. Salvatore? I think I did when I was 13 years old. So bout 5 or 6 years ago! Doesn't seem so long, but it has been awhile!

Made by BX. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=23119621 Please?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 05:31 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I also started at age 13... Which is only like 3 years ago...

A movie would either be freaking amazing or would totally ruin the whole thing for me. Cuz they could do a small part of it (say the 1st Icewind Dale book, or Homeland. Seeing Menzoberranzan would be badass) I can see em pulling that off, but they could also get overambitious and cut off some good stuff. I think Homeland would be the coolest to see, for the opening takeover of the DeVir house and Drizzt's training...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:15 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Yeah, having a movie is really iffy. I don't think it would ruin the whole thing for me, cuz I love the books. And I fell in love with the books. If some stupid producer messed it up, then I wouldn't have to count that as part of series. It wouldn't be Bob's fault that some idiot salaughted his work.

I'm not quite sure what book or trilogy would be a good one to make into a movie. Course it has been a long long time ago since I read the Icewind Dale Trilogy (A long long time to me...anyway...). My favorite of the whole series is The Legacy. I loved that book. smile

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:43 AM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Homeland has always been close to my heart as the first one I read... (I read these chronologically, not by written order) The Legacy was excellent as well, though it requires too much backstory for a reasonable length movie. I liked The Silent Blade too. Artemis is the badassest...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:19 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

I wasn't really suggesting that it be made into a movie. I think the best for that would be one of the Icewind Dale or *blank stare* Omg, I forgot. Or maybe they dont' have a "trilogy" title for them. Erm, anyway I was referring to Homeland, Exile, Sojourn. Actually, maybe I prefer them staying away from the movie business...I dunno.

I read them in this order: Icewind Dale Trilogy, The Legacy of the Drow, Paths of Darkness, The Dark Elf Trilogy, and then Hunter's Blade Trilogy. Slightly out of order there.. Tee hee.

News on the newest book!! big grin

Promise of the Witch King is the title! WOOT! Its in a trilogy called The Sellswords it releases October 25, 2005!! YAY!

Go here for more info: http://rasalvatore.com/

I'm very excited!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 04:58 PM
Corranhorn
Best Jedi You'll Find

Ok guys but what about The Cleric Quintet??thats wa wicked series of books.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:55 PM
Corranhorn is currently offline Click here to Send Corranhorn a Private Message Find more posts by Corranhorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Corranhorn
Ok guys but what about The Cleric Quintet??thats wa wicked series of books.

Yeah, I read those too! Own and everything!! Very good books, read them a few years back after I ran out of Drizzt & co books to read :P

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:28 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Hehe, same here. I wanted to go kick Cadderly through the first book or two, but he did get quite huge after that.

Night Masks was my favorite out of the Quintet.

Back to Drizzt, I think the Sellswords looks like its gonna be more Drizzt action, sot he whole "Obould" mess might be cleared up soon after all. Hell yes!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 05:40 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Or I could be confused and that could be Artemis crouching (I'm lookin at the cover on rasalvatore.com) and the drow could be Jarlaxle... I dunno, either works.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 05:41 AM
sai12
its all in my head

Hehe, its just Artemis and Jarlaxle. The description says it is going to be about them! Weehoo! You as excited as I am? big grin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:39 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Hell yes!

I just saw the top one, didn't scroll down far enough.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:59 AM
laethyn

Just wanted to let everyone know as well, the loose ends from the Hunters Blades Trilogy will be tied up with several short stories in the next year or so.

Promise of the Witch King (which is Book 2 in the Sellswords (Book 1 being Servant of the Shard)) is coming out this fall. These books are about Artemis and Jarlaxle, NOT Drizzt and the rest of the companions. Just in time for Bobs book signing tour in late October and going into November.

Check his website out for the full tentative location listing (He's even going into Canada this time round!)

Also, be sure to check out his messageboard as well.

We've got such notables as James Lowder (editor for some of the older Realms books, and writing a novel set in Bobs world of Corona), and we have Thomas M Reid poppin in occasionally (wrote book 2 for War of the Spider Queen, as well as his own Trilogy Scions of Arabbar). Christie Golden shows up occasionally, as does Paul S Kemp (Last book in the WotSQ as well as the Erivas Cale Trilogy).

Unfortunately, ezBoard was hacked into and we lost all the threads that Bob participated in, but ...

Anyways, this year is Promise of the Witch King, next year is book 3 in the sellswords, the year after that (2007), we will see a return to Drizzt and companions

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 03:35 PM
laethyn is currently offline Click here to Send laethyn a Private Message Find more posts by laethyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Originally posted by laethyn
Just wanted to let everyone know as well, the loose ends from the Hunters Blades Trilogy will be tied up with several short stories in the next year or so.

Promise of the Witch King (which is Book 2 in the Sellswords (Book 1 being Servant of the Shard)) is coming out this fall. These books are about Artemis and Jarlaxle, NOT Drizzt and the rest of the companions. Just in time for Bobs book signing tour in late October and going into November.

Check his website out for the full tentative location listing (He's even going into Canada this time round!)

Also, be sure to check out his messageboard as well.

We've got such notables as James Lowder (editor for some of the older Realms books, and writing a novel set in Bobs world of Corona), and we have Thomas M Reid poppin in occasionally (wrote book 2 for War of the Spider Queen, as well as his own Trilogy Scions of Arabbar). Christie Golden shows up occasionally, as does Paul S Kemp (Last book in the WotSQ as well as the Erivas Cale Trilogy).

Unfortunately, ezBoard was hacked into and we lost all the threads that Bob participated in, but ...

Anyways, this year is Promise of the Witch King, next year is book 3 in the sellswords, the year after that (2007), we will see a return to Drizzt and companions

Are you the laethyn from the boards? THE LAETHYN?

Hehe, I was a "big" part of the boards back in the day (several years ago) now I just pop in from time to time to see what's going on. Doubt you even know who I am around there. You're even "new" compared to me...I suppose but you're there much more often than I.

And yes, my posting the link to Bob's site was in fact a ploy to make some of KMC people go check out the boards there...*giggle*

Jeez 2007 though? That's forever! *whines*

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:31 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

if they make a Homeland movie, i really hope they use CGI or whatever to recreate Menzo like Lockwood saw it:

~wickerman~

Attachment: homeland.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 11:09 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

That is a very cool picture! Lockwood is an amazing artist! That would make a cool movie...*nod nod*

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 02:32 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by sai12
That is a very cool picture! Lockwood is an amazing artist! That would make a cool movie...*nod nod*

the consequences would be devastating to the DnD community though, trust me. 15 year old "whats ur neim plz kthx" kids would storm the Pen and Paper world of DnD to play a character identical with Drizzt or Wulfgar or whatever.

The only good that would come of it would be a world wide recognition of the hard work Salvatore put into the books.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:36 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Since that wouldn't affect me at all..I'm still all for it! :P

Selfish...I know, but hey...I wanna see a movie!!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:48 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by sai12
Since that wouldn't affect me at all..I'm still all for it! :P

Selfish...I know, but hey...I wanna see a movie!!

You'll die a long painful death that involves spiders, demons and a banana What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:14 AM
sai12
its all in my head

Now that is just unkind. Truly...let the fans have what they want!!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:47 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

MOVIES!!! But good ones. Not crappy ones. Hire some obscure but amazingly talented European actors. The question is, what kind of accent would be cool on all the drow...

Also, there's probly already plenty of kids looking for Drizzt characters on DND anyway... I vote you take advantage of the opportunity and come up with an uber anti-elf ranger character. But that's only one man's opinion, I guess.

And owch, banana....

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:53 AM