KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » R.A. Salvatore

R.A. Salvatore
Started by: sai12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
MOVIES!!! But good ones. Not crappy ones. Hire some obscure but amazingly talented European actors. The question is, what kind of accent would be cool on all the drow...

Also, there's probly already plenty of kids looking for Drizzt characters on DND anyway... I vote you take advantage of the opportunity and come up with an uber anti-elf ranger character. But that's only one man's opinion, I guess.

And owch, banana....

French are out (needs strong accentuation of the letter "R". I'd probably suggest German or Austrian or something like that.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:09 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

How bout we just make it a movie like the Incredibles. All computer animated? That way we can make the characters as we like. Just need to find voice actors then!!

I think it sounds cool anyway...

Made by BX. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=23119621 Please?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 02:57 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by sai12
How bout we just make it a movie like the Incredibles. All computer animated? That way we can make the characters as we like. Just need to find voice actors then!!

I think it sounds cool anyway...

Go to salvatore's forum......say that.....wait for five minutes......come back here asking why you got banned from that forum for life thumb up

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:59 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Originally posted by Wickerman
Go to salvatore's forum......say that.....wait for five minutes......come back here asking why you got banned from that forum for life thumb up

~wickerman~

Do I really wanna get banned from there when I've been going there for YEARS.

Who are you on the forum there? *stare*

And why?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 08:27 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Here's what I said on Movie Call....

Yes, I have to agree. I metioned this type of thing on another forum and someone replied and said that I would likely get banned from here.

I'm sure it would be cool to have a live action version of the books, but doing an animation would make...it easier.

The characters are so hard to match up with real actors. By doing it with animation/pixar/whatever type stuff then we could have the characters closer to their actual descriptions. The action sequences could be more easily done as well as creating any of those hard to imagine characters.

Just my two cents on that...Please don't ban me!

http://p197.ezboard.com/frasalvator...=81&stop=88

Lets wait and see I guess....

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 08:46 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I love his books. smile

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 10:04 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

YES!!! My comic book forum advertisement worked! Go me.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:47 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Originally posted by Dizzle
YES!!! My comic book forum advertisement worked! Go me.

Huh? *blink* Whatcha talking about?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 02:04 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Somehow Drizzt came up in a comic book fight in the Comic Book vs. Forum. So I advertised this thread...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:06 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnightunicorn

Well, hello all, I'm just forwarning you, I skipped right to the end of this post. Since this apparently started as a 'Where are all the Salvatore fans?' thread I'm going to stick with that.
I have to ask, am I the only one who liked Drizzt best as either the Hunter or doubting himself? I mean, he was always too smug about 'acknowledging' himself, and being right, it was almost sickening. Now he realized, or should have, there is a demon inside him, and that is what I like. emotional angst inflicted upon oneself

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:55 AM
midnightunicorn is currently offline Click here to Send midnightunicorn a Private Message Find more posts by midnightunicorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Hmm, I see. Well, they are making Homeland into a graphic novel. Or I think that's the one they're doing. My resource is the message board on his site. Which by the way, I have not been banned from. wink

I don't have a fav "Drizzt". I personally like reading the books to see what kind of new character development will be done. Drizzt is a growing character still, and I fell in love with him from book one!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 02:23 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I actually liked younger Drizzt the best. The loner/rebel in Menzoberranzan, but not the Hunter yet. Though I dunno, the fights are always better with the Hunter, but Emo just pisses me off a lot, so...

I didn't mind "defender of justice" Drizzt. That side of Drizzt is always very set into his ideals. The first Hunter experience was out of necessity, which I thought made Drizzt absolutely badass.

The second time was basically out of grieving for his friends, which was a direct consequence of the strength of Drizzt's ideals from "defender of justice" Drizzt. He was forced to face the end result of the fact that he will outlive his friends, and that, coupled with the pain of failure, scared him into a state of instinctual survival. I didn't like that as much, because part of the Drizzt I liked was that he was never one to let something like fear affect him so. In essence, Drizzt was pissed at the world and was going on killing spree until 2 elves showed him the error of his ways.

There you have it folks, my wordy words of wisdom on the Hunter...

As to Drizzt simply doubting himself, that just makes him more human. The huge swings like the return of the Hunter didn't work as well with me, but the littler things, like killing drow and such, were just part of character depth and development. And even in regards to the Hunter, this is Salvatore's character, not mine. And it does make him a hell of a lot more relatable.

And oh yea, my new sig kicks ass, don't you agree?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:39 AM
sai12
its all in my head

Nice long explanation!! :P

And yes your sig is awesome!!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:30 AM
Shadow_King
-

i have been to my local book store and they have this one shelf filled with his books and i was wondering if i wanted to start geting into this series which book should i read first???

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 07:12 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

I suggest starting with Streams of Silver. Though it isn't cronologically first it is the first book published....you get a better feel for all the characters by reading it first instead of just Drizzt in Homeland!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 07:36 AM
Shadow_King
-

ok thanks for the help.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:00 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Oh yeah no problem! smile I really hope you enjoy them!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:05 AM
Shadow_King
-

jsut by looking at the covers of the book it looks good.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:13 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I'd personally start with the Crystal Shard over Streams of Silver, cuz that's the first one Salvatore wrote. It just seems like it would be less confusing starting at the same place as Salvatore intended. Though of course, I started with Homeland and built up my Drizzt fanboyness before even meeting Bruenor and the rest, so...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:53 AM
sai12
its all in my head

Oi! Did I make a mistake! Oh dear! Maybe it does go Crystal Shard first....Oh my oh my! I can't believe I did that!

Well, we have enough Drizzt fangirls/fanboys out there so no need to subjugate the world to another :P

I'm terribly sorry for my mistake. I suppose I should have looked at my books to see which came first....I just thought...well, I thought wrong that's all there is to it!

So very sorry sad

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:24 AM