KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » R.A. Salvatore

R.A. Salvatore
Started by: sai12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laethyn

Another happening:

Bob has just made a reappearance on his messageboard, taking questions from fans.

By the way, I also found this quote from Bob, during an interview with the folks at DelRey:

quote:
I know that Wizards of the Coast has done an excellent treatment of the Icewind Dale novels for screen adaptation, but I don't know where in the process we might be. I'd love to see it, though.

~ Let me understand. One woman puts her knee into your cabarachees and the other puts her tongue into your ear, and you prefer the one with the knee? I'm very worried about you. ~ Oliver deBurrows

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:20 AM
laethyn is currently offline Click here to Send laethyn a Private Message Find more posts by laethyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Good author, bitches...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 08:06 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Well, I finally (can't believe it took me THIS long...) made a post on the interactive thread! I was happy to see that he is actually there! YAY! And what's more important is that he is answering everyone's questions...no matter how stupid some of them appear to be!

Four pages of questions and answers thus far!

And I feel like such a dork! I asked such a dumb question too!

quote:
As said by me: saiyangirl12

Well, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be typing a quick post to one of my favorite authors!! Just want to say thanks for all those wonderful books you've given us! I mean, think of all those hours of enjoyment you've given so many readers!!

As for a question, do/would you support your books being made into a movie? Or does that not appeal to you since they inevitably will have to change some things and cut out parts just to make it fit in their allotted time?

Once again thanks for taking the time to listen to your fans! smile

Though I will excitedly check up on that page daily to read new questions and when he comes around, Bob's answers!

Made by BX. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=23119621 Please?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:49 AM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

quote: (post)
Originally posted by laethyn
By the way, if you want a really detailed chronological order list, go to the RASalvatore.com messageboard, then, in the announcements area, there is a thread there with the full listing. (I'd post a link, but apparently I'm not well known enough lol)

It includes all of the novels up to now, and all of the short stories (except for one, I'm not quire sure of the Chrono placement just yet)

http://p197.ezboard.com/frasalvator...icID=1098.topic

Is that the link/thread you're speaking of there? It is quite the list! I suggest everyone checks it out. I think there is something on there that I have not read yet...:O

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:56 AM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laethyn

Now that I see the user ID, yes, I certainly do recognize it. Ahem, I know everything that goes on on that board (if it's done in public stick out tongue ) lol

And yeah, that's the main thread with the chronological order. Still not laid out the way I'd like, but with limited layout abilities due to ezBoard, it'll have to do.

~ Let me understand. One woman puts her knee into your cabarachees and the other puts her tongue into your ear, and you prefer the one with the knee? I'm very worried about you. ~ Oliver deBurrows

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 06:31 AM
laethyn is currently offline Click here to Send laethyn a Private Message Find more posts by laethyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Oi! I'm recognized! Woot!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of ezboards either no expression

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 06:34 AM
sai12
its all in my head

*pulls thread from the trash*

Hmm..how'd this get down in there??

*dusts it off*

Here we are! Anyone else excitedly awaiting Promise of the Wtich King? I know I am!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 06:39 AM
Dame

Does anyone know a way I can email Salvatore? I wanted to ask something of an established Author, and he is my favorite... email me at [email protected]

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 07:24 AM
Dame is currently offline Click here to Send Dame a Private Message Find more posts by Dame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sai12
*pulls thread from the trash*

Hmm..how'd this get down in there??

*dusts it off*

Here we are! Anyone else excitedly awaiting Promise of the Wtich King? I know I am!!

Interesting story PotWK was. I'm curious as to how things will turn out in the RotP.

I'm predicting a clash of the families here. Considering that Drizzt and Cattie-Brie are together, and considering Artemis has already jumpped the gun with the half-elf chick, Calihye (not sure if spelled correctly), I'm seeing a sort of rivalrey between not just Drizzt and Entreri, but their children, and their children's children in the near future.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 05:42 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laethyn

To drag this back up from the abyss

First off, if anyone wants to email RASalvatore his email address is [email protected] (note, there is a missing letter in his email address)

Now, on to the news:

If you haven't read Bobs Demonwars novels yet, go do so. NOW!

Not only are we getting more Demonwars novels, but Demonwars comics, AND they have confirmed that there is a Demonwars movie/TV deal with merchandise.

Cheers

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 05:06 PM
Snowsong

Hello,

I come from Czech Republic (CZ). English too so do not use google compiler God knows what will come of it :-). I remember the day when I first grabbed Drizzta. I stood in the sales of books and picked up a book. I held him a long time I looked at the front of the package after a while I turned him to read the back of the package. After some time I have postponed it again and I walked the trade and breathing the scent of beautiful books :-), but at the same time I Drizzta remembered to turn and not me and I bought two parts. I came home and after about an hour, I opened the homeland and now Drizzt drew me into its world. In 2 days I read it all. Yesterday I docetl species díl.A out and is now awaiting a third of refuge. And now the feelings of the mim Drizzta: I think that Drizzt is a man / drow which would each. Strong, smart, honest, noble and unselfishly. Mr. Salvatore Drowí company created evil, blind to the surroundings, stubborn, selfish and power hungry, but when you look to find te and that is actually very similar to today's humanity ... captured all the characteristics humanity ... Drizzt and Drizzt is good, rebel and light in the tunnel temna.Pan Salvatore wrote to me about the best book of my childhood and think that life (I 11).

Thank you Mr. Salvatoremu

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 09:30 AM
Snowsong is currently offline Click here to Send Snowsong a Private Message Find more posts by Snowsong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

With the recommendation of a friend I just recently started getting my first R.A. Salvatore experience by reading 'The Legend of Drizzt Book 1: Homeland'. It's very intriguing how it goes into the Drow culture and Drizzt's perspective on the way his race interprets and carry outs life. I'm looking forward to starting Book 2 soon.

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 05:39 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote