KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » why'd anakin have to die?

why'd anakin have to die?
Started by: ryamathart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And there is no way the Solo kids should have become so powerful so fast. It's not as if Anakin was meant to be spawning a new race of super-Jedi.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well since he was so powerful in the Force you have to suspect that it can pass on from generation to generation.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 11:34 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Didn't show in Leia, did it? Like I say, the idea is not that the whole Skywalker line will be these super-force people. It would just be silly.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Ush has hit the nail on the head with his previous statements. "How come the whole galaxy revolves around the Skywalker family?" I know they are the basis for the Star Wars saga, but after god knows how many years i think maybe they've run there course. Fresh blood is needed, and i don't mean the spawn of Skywalker/Solo either, i mean proper fresh blood. I've said it before, theres way to many jedi running around at this point in the NJO book series, which makes the characters a bit flat. I miss the off the cuff comedy and wrecklessness of Han Solo and non force sensitive beings. Face it, you just don't get that with jedi. Everything is done with a straight face, everything is measured, nothing done on the spur off the moment. I love the NJO series, but i'm becoming a bit disolutioned with it all, Jedi this, jedi that, i'm beginning to pull my hair out....And so, a message to Del Rey:-"Stop breeding jedi's like gremlins, and give us something more substantial and down to earth to believe in." Now can i can i get an amen!"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 12:44 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Oh by the way, it took about 1.2 seconds to come up with.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 12:54 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Ok you're not making any sense. You don't like all of the Jedi in the NJO? You say they are straight faced? I don't think so. There are more Jedi in AOTC then in the entire NJO. ALso these Jedi are more relaxed. Any Old Republic Jedi was boring pretty much because they were predictable in the whole fighting for justice area. But the new Jedi have more spur of the moment ideas and some are even falling and turning to the dark-side. More so than in the movies. If you like the movies then you should like the NJO series because they expand on the whole idea of an order of Jedi like what you see in Coruscant.

You just make no sense.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 04:30 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The NJO Jedi appear to be rubbish...

I LIKE my Jedi serious, actually.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 05:06 PM
LanceWindu

Don't get me wrong I like 'em serious too. But the NJO have more humor in them.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 05:08 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Humour would appear to lead to the Dark Side then...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 05:23 PM
LanceWindu

Maybe, that's probably why they can't focus as much. Or maybe it is lack of training by the new master's who are barely Jedi Knights themselves.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 05:28 PM
Julie
The Student

well, it good to see that Vol hasn't lost the negative opinions we missed so much wink ...makes the threads interesting smile

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah because all we ever do is agree, we always need someone here to disagree with us.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 04:51 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I can do that...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 10:31 AM
yerssot

there's a surprise

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 02:15 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

uah, you can fill in whenever we don't have Vol around 'k?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2002 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No I can't!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2002 09:26 AM
Julie
The Student

sad why not???????

Old Post Apr 21st, 2002 09:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(I was disagreeing with you, Julie...)

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2002 11:02 PM
LanceWindu

HaHa. He got you there.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2002 02:31 AM
Julie
The Student

Yeah I guess he did.....did I ever mention that I'm fairly gullible?
Nice job Ush.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2002 11:46 PM