KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Basketball

College Basketball
Started by: Shaolin Monk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 33 34 [35]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

Not that big of a wow, kentucky was an incredibly young team who was not super battle tested going up against a grind you down type of WVU team who easily could have been a #1 seed and has some veteran leadership. I did not believe KU could make it all the way in this, Kansas was the only big shock to me so far.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 05:26 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by forumcrew
Not that big of a wow, kentucky was an incredibly young team who was not super battle tested going up against a grind you down type of WVU team who easily could have been a #1 seed and has some veteran leadership. I did not believe KU could make it all the way in this, Kansas was the only big shock to me so far.

If you say so.

Still surprised Kentucky lost.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 06:12 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

"If you say so"

What did I say that you disagree with? Did they have secret upperclassmen leadership I did not know about? Did they have a top 20 strength of schedule? Did they play a tough non-conference schedule to prepare? (here are a few of their early games: morehead, miami of OH, Sam Houston St, Rider, Cleveland...)

And they were against WVU who was #5 in the final coaches poll, plays in a much harder conference, and has 2 senior leaders.

anyways

A lot of people said Duke was undeserving of a #1 seed, now they are the only #1 left and 3 of the 2's and all the 3's and 4's could not hack it either. They (duke) also had to play the highest seed possible every round until the elite 8 where they played the 3 (baylor) instead of the 2 (nova) but honestly Nova would have been easier.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 07:53 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

"If you say so"

What did I say that you disagree with? Did they have secret upperclassmen leadership I did not know about? Did they have a top 20 strength of schedule? Did they play a tough non-conference schedule to prepare? (here are a few of their early games: morehead, miami of OH, Sam Houston St, Rider, Cleveland...)

And they were against WVU who was #5 in the final coaches poll, plays in a much harder conference, and has 2 senior leaders.

anyways

A lot of people said Duke was undeserving of a #1 seed, now they are the only #1 left and 3 of the 2's and all the 3's and 4's could not hack it either. They (duke) also had to play the highest seed possible every round until the elite 8 where they played the 3 (baylor) instead of the 2 (nova) but honestly Nova would have been easier.

What does the toughness of W.VA. have to do with missing wide open uncontested three's (4-32) or missing about half your free throws (16-29)?

And they lost by single digits.

Waiting for the beginning.

Last edited by Mr. Toad on Mar 29th, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 10:17 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

"If you say so"

anyways

I disagree about Nova being easier. Maybe because they've played terrible for about the last 8 games of the season, but IMO they still matchup better against Duke, and literally dominated them in every aspect last year. I know last year means very little, but still. Duke was definitley deserving of a 1 seed, people were just mad that they got the easiest bracket.(Purdue without Hummel, Nova who people think should be a 3-4 seed, and an unproven Baylor) Plus Duke will get hate no matter what, anyway.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 08:00 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Championship game time!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 06:53 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

So Forum, are you going to see Clash of the Titans tonight? Maybe 9:30 show? Hey, it's in 3D!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 12:22 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Yea I think there was something I wanted to do tonight, but guess I will just check out that movie instead.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 04:50 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

motherf***ker Butler was soooo close. sh*ttttt

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 03:39 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

Great championship. Duke and Butler really played to win it

Currently: With my reserve money, I buy a hotdog. Foul tasting shit, but Zell eats it right up. Then he, Selphie and I talk with his mother

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 03:50 AM
Moscow is currently offline Click here to Send Moscow a Private Message Find more posts by Moscow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Amazing game. Soo upset Butler lost. Nobody gave them a chance, and I LOVE the way they play man, they do everything right. I hate Zoubeck too that motherf***er. laughing

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 03:52 AM
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

laughing out loud Butler almost had that 3-pointer at the end. I'll have the sound of the rim shot playing in my head all night long. Great game.

Currently: With my reserve money, I buy a hotdog. Foul tasting shit, but Zell eats it right up. Then he, Selphie and I talk with his mother

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 05:11 AM
Moscow is currently offline Click here to Send Moscow a Private Message Find more posts by Moscow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Congrats to Duke. For the second straight year, the national title resides 30 minutes from my doorstep.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 11:59 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Wow talk about nerve racking. What an incredible championship game that was and a great effort by Butler. When Gordon Hayward gets a little more confidence and starts demanding the ball and taking over games he is going to be crazy. He was a little too laid back in that one I thought and reminded me of how Singler was for a time.

I have to say more than anyone else I am really happy for Brian Zoubek. He was a big joke at Duke for a while between his injuries and clumsiness. It was great seeing him get healthy and put it all together to realize his potential, even if only for half a season of his 4 years at Duke. To be able to be a big factor in a national championship should make him feel much better about the ups and (mostly) downs during his time at Duke. He also probably got himself a job as a big man coming off the bench in the NBA with his play over the last few months.

Most of all though I will be sad to see Scheyer leave. He has become one of my all time favorite Dukies for sure. I love everything about his game and Kyrie Irving has massive shoes to fill coming in to start as a freshman PG next year. I only hope he has Singler there to help him, because the way he played to close out the year he may very well opt to go pro now that he has his title rather than come back and play without Scheyer/Thomas/Zoubek. Nolan has already said he is coming back without a doubt, but Singler has yet to commit one way or the other.

Last edited by forumcrew on Apr 6th, 2010 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 04:55 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Man, if that half court shot went in, the building would have EXPLODED. With Nova losing Scottie Reynolds, I'm not sure how well they will do. They should still make the tournament(especially if it's 96 teams) but it will be tough.

Butler returns everybody except for Veasley and Jukes. With the way they play defense, they have the ability to beat anybody. Should be fun to watch again next year. I don't think Hayward lacks confidence, just that he is too unselfish, doesn't force much, and as you said doesn't demand the ball.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 05:31 PM