KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hercules vs. Thing

Hercules vs. Thing
Started by: Betageuze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
No. A lot of heart. Something someone of "scientific mind" such as yourself should understand. laughing
"Thing has heart." tends to be the mantra of people defending Thing. What? So all other characters don't? Spare me. You're getting rather ad hominem, it's just a fictional character, mein freund.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 03:54 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'll take Emma Frost's sardonic wit over Thing's inarticulate garbling any day.

What dude wouldn't? People are allowed to have an opinion about Grimm and state that opinion. I was joking with Soljer and ribbed Capt a bit before everybody showed up. I don't care if somebody doesn't like a character. These are comics gentlemen and not living people. Keep it in perspective people. laughing

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 03:54 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I find maverick bravery to be better then that of things

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 03:56 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by capt it up
did I say there was? No I said most people say logan is a better developed character over thing. unless it is a thing fanboy talking or a wolverine hater

Well, you brought Logan into a thread where there is no mention of him. Sounds like you are looking for an argument where one didn't exist.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 03:58 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Badabing
Well, you brought Logan into a thread where there is no mention of him. Sounds like you are looking for an argument where one didn't exist.

that was simply beign he said things character>>>x-men in which case I brought logan character up as beeing better then things which is true. I never ment in a fight I ment in a character's senses

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:00 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Thing has heart." tends to be the mantra of people defending Thing. What? So all other characters don't? Spare me. You're getting rather ad hominem, it's just a fictional character, mein freund.

Mein gott! You know some big words. Actually, most comic lovers would put Ben's heart and determination above anyone. It's not that other characters don't have it. It means that Ben has a LOT more than they do. The Vox Populi of comic lovers respect Ben for it. If you don't, then good for you. You just accomplished the ability to deny what's in front of you.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:05 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

You can't silence the truth.
soljer right I don't have any vendetta vs thing. I like thing he just not that tough as some may think
Which only further serves my notion that he's the representative character for ugly people. Giving him Alicia Masters appeases the ugly constituent of Marvel readers. That is realpolitik.
Lack of eloquence?

I can't get enough of college students. They know everything until graduation and the real World smacks them in the head. Some advice, nobody is interested or impressed with your linguistic legerdemain. The regurgitation from your word of the day calender is prosaic at best. Take your own advice and remember that these are comic book characters.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:08 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

If Herc is drunk, Thing could probably give him a good fight for the first 5 minutes. After that Herc just owns him...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:08 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Mein gott! You know some big words. Actually, most comic lovers would put Ben's heart and determination above anyone. It's not that other characters don't have it. It means that Ben has a LOT more than they do. The Vox Populi of comic lovers respect Ben for it. If you don't, then good for you. You just accomplished the ability to deny what's in front of you.
Correction: People with an affinity for Thing put his heart and determination above anyone else.

Oh dear, you wouldn't be aligning yourself with unwashed masses would you. They're always wrong remember

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:09 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I can't get enough of college students. They know everything until graduation and the real World smacks them in the head. Some advice, nobody is interested or impressed with your linguistic legerdemain. The regurgitation from your word of the day calender is prosaic at best. Take your own advice and remember that these are comic book characters.
huh I write how I write. It's how I've always written. I'd imagine you went and looked up obscure words like prosaic and legerdemain though. Which is ironic, to say the least. erm

Last edited by xmarksthespot on Dec 4th, 2006 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:11 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Correction: People with an affinity for Thing put his heart and determination above anyone else.

Oh dear, you wouldn't be aligning yourself with unwashed masses would you. They're always wrong remember

General Consensus - Average Joe

Vox Populi of Comic Fans - Exactly as it sounds.

Please try to keep up. Or is your "scientific mind" too busy?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:13 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

X is an arrogant little bastard, isn't he? He just screams spoiled little rich kid.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:14 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

... Burn?

Funny that you climbed onto the same high horse you were trying to knock x off of though...

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:14 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

General Consensus - Average Joe

Vox Populi of Comic Fans - Exactly as it sounds.

Please try to keep up. Or is your "scientific mind" too busy?
X is an arrogant little bastard, isn't he? He just screams spoiled little rich kid.
roll eyes (sarcastic) Getting personal much?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:16 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

what the hell I did not do any thing all i stated was soljer was right

Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Soljer
X-Men > Fantastic Four. In terms of characters, sales, titles, stories, AND power.

No contest.

Sales, sure.
Power? Depends on the roster. And prep.
Titles? Yeah, but I'm not sure if a bloated # of ongoing titles is a good thing. erm
Stories? Debatable. Except for HoM, mainly because those worthless mutie bastards got wiped out. evil face
Characters? Meh, can't mess with Stan's originals....though I agree evolution is a better explanation of powers than cosmic rays.

Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

what the hell I did not do any thing all i stated was soljer was right
You used the word vendetta. 3 syllables or more and you're trying to impress people with your "linguistic legerdemain".

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:18 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

roll eyes (sarcastic) Getting personal much?

Nope. Pointing out the blatantly obvious. However you take it is up to you, kiddo.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:22 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
... Burn?

Funny that you climbed onto the same high horse you were trying to knock x off of though...

and he did that how? X's high horse is saying large words that he doesn't comprehend to throw people off. Bada's is telling the truth. no expression

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:23 AM
Badabing
Karen

You used the word vendetta. 3 syllables or more and you're trying to impress people with your "linguistic legerdemain".

I'm Italian. We invented the vendetta!

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:26 AM