KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » NEW Clone Wars season coming

NEW Clone Wars season coming
Started by: forumcrew

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

NEW Clone Wars season coming

George Lucas Talks Star Wars TV Series
Source: StarWars.Com Hyperspace
March 29, 2005

Subscribers to SW.Com's Hyperspace section recently got the chance to see excerpts from the book "The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith -- The Final Chapter". The excerpt covers a lot of the dialogue recording with the actors. In a section where Frank "Yoda" Oz comes in to record dialogue, George Lucas briefly chats about the upcoming TV series:

"We have this other little thing we're doing," Lucas continues, "this Clone Wars cartoon on TV. It's so successful, we're going to put it out as half-hour shows, and all the main characters
are in it." He then adds, "Have you ever thought about directing an animated film?"

"I've been asked, but it takes a such a long time and I do like to work with the actors."

"Well, you don't have to be there the whole time; you can jump in," Lucas notes.

Note that the continuing Clone Wars TV series is only one of the shows that Lucasfilm is currently developing. Visit the link above for more of the book!

from comingsoon.net

best part is they are a half hour woohoo!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:44 PM
Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Yeah - but that kind of takes away from the "specialness" of the ones we have already seen. Where would they fit? Because the clone wars end in Episode III. Is Lucas going to let them go back and detail tons of stuff between volumes 1 and 2?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, maybe it's the same animation team but different stories. like things before the prequals or during the 20 years between episodes 3 and 4 or between 4 and 5.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

That would be great... it could provide entertaining stories, while remaining away from live-action, thus not bringing any harm to the movies...

Burn them down!! The lot of them!!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Yeah - I wouldn't mind seeing more stories from the same clone wars animation team set in different Star Wars time periods. It would be perfect if they got some of the original actors to do voice overs for the series. Very interesting. wink

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:19 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

They'd have to change the name of it though...Clone Wars wouldn't work for after the OT or before the PT.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:12 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow u a bright light

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:47 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

don't be a dick.

Maybe "Rise of the Empire" or "The Dark Times", something to that effect...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the .............. ya say i'm a Dick?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:29 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

well, you did make fun of lance for stating what you percieve as obvious, when he's just thinking out loud, thinking what we all thought when we heard an extension of the cartoon would be made. It wasn't even that much of an insult, I'm just saying cool it with bein' rude for no reason.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 05:37 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats 2 times
But forgive & forget O.K

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:22 PM