KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wizard's Top Ten Superhero List

Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Silver Surfer 4 40.00%
Everyone else 6 60.00%
Too close to tell 0 0%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wizard's Top Ten Superhero List
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Flash
Faster Than You

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
They don't sell ladders at Walgreens. He's better off going to a Home Depot. Besides, where does he get the money to purchase this ladder? Surely he wouldn't *gasp*... steal it? Would he?
Flash has money. He bought a lot of fire detectors for many homes.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:34 AM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Flash has never vibrated through anyone to defeat them. If someone has such a power, they will demonstrate it at least once. It is safe to say that he cannot. Even if Flash could vibrate through people, (which he probably cannot,) of all characters, why Hulk? Hulk's flesh is incredibly dense, and it has been proven that Flash cannot vibrate through dense matter. Why the people at Wizard assume he could vibrate through Hulk is beyond me.

As far as I know, Flash has never forced somebody to explode from vibrating. Its pretty safe to assume that he never will, because Flash usually does not kill his enemies.

Right before Wally West was introduced to the speed force and acquired new abilities, the Wizard magazine displayed a interview they had with the current Flash writer at the time(I believe it was Mark Waid). Waid said that this Flash would have abilities that no Flash has ever had. For example, the ability to vibrate through any material he wanted, forcing explosion. I can't remember if vibrating through people was mentioned, but Wizard may have used that interview to bring out their assumption that Flash can perform that feat.

The magazine is several years old and, as usual, I have no idea where it is. I will try to find it and try to find the magazine that has the complete sloppy seconds list. As soon as I find the magazine with the Flash article, I will look to see if they specifically mention Flash being able to vibrate through actual people and shed some light on the subject.

If Nigel is correct about Barry vibrating through somebody, then Wally definitely can do it. The fact that Wally has never forced anybody to explode does not discredit the theory that it is possible for him in the slightest. Everybody knows Wally "would" not do that. I am pretty sure Superman can kill a regular person with one punch, but we will never see that either.

Anyway, I typed all that and got absolutely nowhere. I will do my best to find that magazine and see if the ability to vibrate through people is mentioned.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:25 AM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Originally posted by savagerampage
i think this would be more appropriate

1.silver surfer
2.thor
3.superman
4.Hulk
5.wonderwoman
6.dr. strange
7. prof x
8.flash
9.firestorm
10. spawn.

wonderwoman above hulk i dont think so

Ah Surfer ain't that good. He couldn't stop Carnage from possessing him. laughing

http://www.samruby.com/AmazingSpide...AmazSpid431.JPG

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:37 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

One of my beefs with the list is their "reason" Flash defeats the Hulk.

"The Flash would just vibrate through the Hulk and , ewww, make him explode."

Flash has been unable to vibrate through dense matter in the past. Hulks flesh is comparable in density to adamantium, and though it lacks the metal's tenacity, it is virtually impregnable. I seriously doubt Flash could vibrate through Hulk, much less cause him to explode. That's some of the poorest reasoning I've seen coming from Wizard.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:43 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Ah Surfer ain't that good. He couldn't stop Carnage from possessing him. laughing

WOW. Surfer looks cool there. He'd soo kick Carnie's ass though.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:46 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl

That was when Surfer was not intent on defeating Carnage. In other words, it is not a good example of what would happen in a fair fight.

Did you see what happened at the end of that story? The symbiote rejoins with Kasady and threatens Surfer. Surfer states that he pities Carnage, casually raises his hand, and turns the symbiote into an energy shell that encases Kasady.

Carnage is a Spiderman villain. In other words, he has no business trying to fight someone as powerful as the Silver Surfer.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:53 AM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote