KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wizard Top 10 Supervillan List

Wizard Top 10 Supervillan List
Started by: Arachnoidfreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone wanna make a joke about Wizard not knowing anything? Or being fanboys/girls? Perhaps a member of a certain club? Coz it appears they agree with me and most people on this forum.

Bearing in mind that Wizard is also full of egotistical blowhards also, even they acknowledge the common sense.

Although personally I'd have Thanos top.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:09 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

me too...then Apoc..then Magneto, Doom, Lex..and so on

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:11 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by crazyspinz
darksied = thanos

and apocalypse is frikin awsome, he does not get much respect in the forum

He lost my respect when the X-Men beat him.

You say he took over the world in Age of APOCALYPSE and gets no love? Doom took over the world 3 times and gave it back by choice, he gets hated.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:17 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

where the hell is LOKI on that list????

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:44 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was just thinking that.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:45 PM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Loki IS responsible for the creation of The Avengers!!!
Aside from Thor and his pesky hammer, who on earth can do anything
to Loki??? He's a powerful bad mofo and a manipulator second to none!!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:57 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

Hey, Arachnoidfreak, in Wizard's hero list they explained that they were going by who would win in a fight. Obviously, they didn't do that in the villain list.

Could you do me a favor and post exactly what they stated are the requirements for the villain list? They should have stated that right before they display the list.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 09:40 PM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Originally posted by MatchesMalone
Hey, Arachnoidfreak, in Wizard's hero list they explained that they were going by who would win in a fight. Obviously, they didn't do that in the villain list.

Could you do me a favor and post exactly what they stated are the requirements for the villain list? They should have stated that right before they display the list.

they actually did do that in the list. I just didn't have the patience to write out all 50 ****ing paragraphs of all the fights, and all the "why he's #1, 2, 3 etc" Maybe later tonight. Right now im tired.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 10:07 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Originally posted by WindDancer
Also where is Magneto on that list? Whutzzup with that? And what about Mephisto???? One of the most evil and dangerous villains in Marvel Comics??

Magneto is #3, actually.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 10:12 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
they actually did do that in the list. I just didn't have the patience to write out all 50 ****ing paragraphs of all the fights, and all the "why he's #1, 2, 3 etc" Maybe later tonight. Right now im tired.

Good man. Thanks for your time. I was hoping they would have a brief paragraph explaining what they were looking for in a villain, but I guess not.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 10:13 PM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

If you have Loki then you'd have to have Mephisto, Dormammu, Morg, Tyrant et al thereby bumping off all human villains. Thanos is the exception because he's still "just" a mutant eternal but has made significant and numerous appearances.

Dr Doom - Marvel's premier villain
Magneto - X-man main villain
Lex - Superman's main villain
Doomsday - killed Superman
Thanos - see IG
Joker & Ras - Batman villains, just to even things out with Marvel
Bullseye - Daredevil main villain
Sabretooth - Wolverine main villain
Carnage - stand in as Spiderman main villain because Goblin and Venom would be destroyed by this guy

A lot of villains should have made the list but if we only go by the smartest and strongest, they'd all be Superman, Hulk, Thor and FF villains. Really, Bullseye doesn't belong on any list which includes Thanos.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 10:52 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Here Matches:

"Bad Company: Wizard ranks the 10 most dangerous villains in comics

If you mess with them, you're dead. And we don't mean maimed or injured or roughed up a little bit. When you tangle with these trouble makers, you die, plain and simple. No compassion, no remorse, no problem.

And that's what we're looking at here. The baddest of the bad, the vilest of the vile...the 10 most dangerous villains in all of comics.

Our criteria are simple. Just unadulterated villains. No anti-heros like Punisher or Lobo. No cosmic forces or gods of a higher order like Mephisto, Galactus, or Darkseid.(Arachnoidfreak note: Thanos isn't considered cosmic, he's a Titan)

Oh, and one other thing, These are do-or-die, no-holds-barred melees, each baddie dishing out everything they got to survive.

And if you thought seeing these guys fighting heroes was rough, wait'll you see what they do to each other. So let's not waste anymore time and see who made our wanted list..." - Wizard Magazine.

and then they are listed, one by one, starting with Bullseye, each with a description of the character, why he is in the position he is, and how he would fare against the other list members, one at a time.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 10:56 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Top marvel villians:

1.) Thanos
2.) Doom
3.) Magneto
4.) Apc

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 11:10 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Does anyone wanna make a joke about Wizard not knowing anything? Or being fanboys/girls? Perhaps a member of a certain club? Coz it appears they agree with me and most people on this forum.

Bearing in mind that Wizard is also full of egotistical blowhards also, even they acknowledge the common sense.

Although personally I'd have Thanos top.

-AC

I don't get what point you're trying to make (as usual). I (and others who have argued against Doom) never said Doom isn't a good villain. He's a great villain - he took over the world three times. He's brilliant. I think Lex Luthor is brilliant too and a truly awe-inspiring villain.

They'd both get whipped one-on-one by Magneto, or the Hulk, or Storm or any number of characters.

This isn't a power list, AC. This is a danger list. And Doom is incredibly dangerous. No argument from me.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:14 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whipped by Storm, haha. She couldn't whip him with an actual whip if he let her.

But yes, I agree. Wouldn't call Luthor brilliant, he's more wise and devious than brilliant.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:17 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Originally posted by demigawd
They'd both get whipped one-on-one by Magneto, or the Hulk, or Storm or any number of characters.

Would you like to see Wizard's explination on Doom vs Magneto?

"Having already perfected ways to effectively nuetralize mutant powers(see Uncanny X-Men #145-147), Doom's already devised a way to negate Magneto's powers, just for this scenario. Come fight time, a powerless Magneto would last under a minute."

Issue proof right there. Doom isn't getting beat by ANY mutant anytime soon.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:42 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're forgetting that Magneto has Claremont writing for him.

Now that he's told everyone that Magneto can manipulate nearly anything coz he was "holding back out of guilt", there's nothing that he can't do.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:57 AM
Pepito

Thanos does not require the ig to be considered cosmic. He is better in terms of strength, cosmic manipulation and unkillability than Silver Surfer and could beat a low level Galactus (not eaten for a looong time).
One thing: how come Death banned Thanos from her realm for collaborating with Adam Warlock to prevent the annihilation of the universe when she was repulsed by Walker's gift of all his galaxy's souls.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:58 AM
Pepito is currently offline Click here to Send Pepito a Private Message Find more posts by Pepito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Originally posted by Pepito
Thanos does not require the ig to be considered cosmic. He is better in terms of strength, cosmic manipulation and unkillability than Silver Surfer and could beat a low level Galactus (not eaten for a looong time).
One thing: how come Death banned Thanos from her realm for collaborating with Adam Warlock to prevent the annihilation of the universe when she was repulsed by Walker's gift of all his galaxy's souls.

He was born flesh and blood on a planet, offspring of 2 physical beings. he isn't cosmic.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:35 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Would you like to see Wizard's explination on Doom vs Magneto?

"Having already perfected ways to effectively nuetralize mutant powers(see Uncanny X-Men #145-147), Doom's already devised a way to negate Magneto's powers, just for this scenario. Come fight time, a powerless Magneto would last under a minute."

Issue proof right there. Doom isn't getting beat by ANY mutant anytime soon.

hahahaha...proof that Wizard doesn't know what they're talking about. UXM #145-147 is the issue where Doombot got owned by Storm. Where was his mutant power neutralizer then, huh? There was NO neutralizer and NO Magneto appearance in any of those issues.

I'll grant them, in other issues Doom de-magnetized his armor and reversed the polarity in it. But that didn't make Magneto powerless. There were no extended battles between them. Magneto has overcome reversed polarity and de-magnetized armor lots of times.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:43 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote