KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wizard Top 10 Supervillan List

Wizard Top 10 Supervillan List
Started by: Arachnoidfreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by demigawd
hahahaha...proof that Wizard doesn't know what they're talking about. UXM #145-147 is the issue where Doombot got owned by Storm. Where was his mutant power neutralizer then, huh? There was NO neutralizer and NO Magneto appearance in any of those issues.

I'll grant them, in other issues Doom de-magnetized his armor and reversed the polarity in it. But that didn't make Magneto powerless. There were no extended battles between them. Magneto has overcome reversed polarity and de-magnetized armor lots of times.

How many volumes of Uncanny are there again...?

and i hardly think Wizard doesn't know what they are talking about, their entire job depends on resourcing and reveiwing comic books.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:44 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

There was X-men vol 1(which became Uncanny X-men, but kept the numbering convention)

There was X-men vol 2, which is what came out in the 90s.

Wizard can only be referring to the story with the Doombot. And they're quite clearly wrong about what that story contained.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:54 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

those were the issues where Doom had every Xman on that team trapped in his castle, GIVING them a way out, as tests. "ways to neutralize mutant powers" not a "nuetralizer" devicetype thing. lol, read first man. Doom captured and detained nearly every Xmen in that comic storyline. It showed that Doom is just about ready for any attack, on any day of the week.

Sorry, the *faulty* DoomBOT did all this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 02:16 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

I read it - yeah, he put them in an obstacle course where using their mutant powers made matters worse for them (eg. Nightcrawler in a room where he didn't know what was on the other side), but that's hardly *neutralizing* their powers. And again...this is Doom with prep, and I've already said that with prep, there's all kinds of great things he can do. Doesn't mean Magneto wouldn't own him, and Wizard's "evidence" doesn't prove otherwise.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 02:40 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the very fact that Doom can completely remove Magneto's "master of magnetism" moniker pretty much says that he can't be owned by Magneto.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 02:57 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Doom needs time , or something the current magneto is gonna own him.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:09 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but we all know about the current Magneto.

One day decided "Actually, I'm a bit luke warm on not using my powers all this time due to some guilt. Oh look, I can manipulate reality and create stars."

Backed by some writer who's name I forget.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:12 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah but we all know about the current Magneto.

One day decided "Actually, I'm a bit luke warm on not using my powers all this time due to some guilt. Oh look, I can manipulate reality and create stars."

Backed by some writer who's name I forget.

-AC

lol reality manipulation seems to be the new thing for marvel.

but they made magneto God-like now

how are they gonna find opponents.

the only one strong enough now are
sentry , God-Cable on earth that can take him.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:14 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Name's Claremont.

Current Magneto nukes Doom. big grin

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:15 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by kgkg
lol reality manipulation seems to be the new thing for marvel.

but they made magneto God-like now

how are they gonna find opponents.

the only one strong enough now are
sentry , God-Cable on earth that can take him.

Funny you should say that. in the upcoming House of M storyline, Magneto goes up against the likes of Strange and Sentry, along with the New Avengers, some old Avengers, X-men, Cloak and Dagger, and others.

Sounds like a fair matchup.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:16 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

what is magneto's current purpose?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:17 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Well, at first it was to lounge around Genosha and read bedtime stories to former Sentinels. But then when he got the word that House of M was starting, I guess is purpose is to retrieve and guard Wanda while practicing manipulating reality until the Avengers arrive to take her back.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:23 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course you think current Magneto nukes Doom, Demi.

If someone gave Surfer a bullshit upgrade out of nowhere, I can't say I'd feel good about it.

Yes, it was out of nowhere. Implying that he could always control reality, create stars and be a telepath but he didn't because of "guilt" is possibly the worst Claremont-ism ever.

Then again I'd expect it from a man who had Wolverine gut Surfer and Gambit beat Gladiator.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:24 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Of course you think current Magneto nukes Doom, Demi.

If someone gave Surfer a bullshit upgrade out of nowhere, I can't say I'd feel good about it.

Yes, it was out of nowhere. Implying that he could always control reality, create stars and be a telepath but he didn't because of "guilt" is possibly the worst Claremont-ism ever.

Then again I'd expect it from a man who had Wolverine gut Surfer and Gambit beat Gladiator.

-AC

damn Claremont! what no matter what Magneto becomes he will never beat Silver Surfer.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:26 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

He didn't have Wolverine gut Surfer. That was in a What If that Claremont had nothing to do with.

And given how many upgrades Thanos gets, I think other characters are entitled to at least one...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:27 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

And furthermore - it wasn't actually Claremont's idea to power up Magneto. Bendis had the idea because by the time the House of M storyline came around, Sentry would have already been on the team, so he wanted a more formidable opponent for Sentry. So it was his idea, not Claremont's.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:28 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Sentry yet another char who doesn't belong at earth.

his powers can be limitless. what type of shit is that at least hulk has to work for it , and not only that he can fly , and other shit too.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:31 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Well, because Doom is better at tech than Magneto, it stands to reason that if Magneto has technology that prevents mutants from using their powers (X-Men vol 2 #1), Dr Doom would have the same, if not better, technology. However, Magneto has that technology on Asteriod M, his base, he doesn't carry it around. So I'm assuming Doom would have that technology built into Castle Doom, not in his armor so in order for him to use it against Magneto, he'd have to lure the Master of Magnetism into his castle. On a neutral battlefield, Dr Doom would have to find another means to fight Erik.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:56 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bendis dropped it though, for good reason.

Anyway, is a moot point. Claremont carried it out and it's yet another desperation maneuver from the X-Men and co office.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:28 PM
Asian Hulk

BATMAN VILLAINS
Joker
Penguin
Catwoman
Riddler
Mr.Freeze
Two Face
Poison Ivy
Bane
Scarecrow(DC)
Ra's Al Ghul

SPIDERMAN VILLAINS
Green Goblin
Dr.Octopus
Venom
Carnage
Lizard
Kraven
Sandman
Man Wolf

SUPERMAN VILLAINS
Lex Luthor
Mr.Mxyzpltk
General Zod
Toyman
Bizzarro
Mercy Graves
Cyborg
Solomon Grundy
Solaris
Livewire
Parasite

HULK VILLAINS
Maj.Glenn Talbot
Abomination
Leader
Bi-Beast
Rhino
Ringmaster
Zzzax
U-Foes
General John Rykers
Colonel John Armbruster
Wendigo
Absorbing Man
Rhino
Scarecrow(Marvel)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 05:16 AM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote